Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

The Bible teaches one to start a spiritual journey from the bottom, i.e. from a stage where he must consider himself as a born sinner and starts his journey upwards from there. One reaches the second stage when he realises that he is the son and God is his father. The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are one.

This is similar to the spiritual journey of a Hindu who starts his journey from the Dwait stage, where he thinks himself and God to be two distinct entities, graduates to Vishishta Adwait, a stage where he thinks himself a fragment/fraction of Him and finally reached to the Adwait stage where he merges himself with that infinite consciousness.

Stevan Davies. The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the savior’s journey from above is actually one’s own journey from within.

John Lennon. It seems to me that the only true Christians were the Gnostics, who believed in self-knowledge, I.E. becoming Gods themselves, reaching the Christ within, the light is the truth. Turn on the light. All the better to see you my dear.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

I think Jesus hated the idol worshipers of the traditional supernatural based religions and wanted to put us on a better and more naturalistic Gnostic Christian path of seeking knowledge and wisdom through Gnosis; that being a deeper knowledge of the self and others.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGY ... e=youtu.be
bbyrd009

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Post by bbyrd009 »

No, bc you are somehow able to support a pov of God as "evil," and you even slight Scripture, so unfort imo even when you are right you are wrong. I would certainly agree that the Death More Abundantly crap most Xtians believe is fallacy, but then this can all be found in the Bible, too.
"No Son of Man may die for another's sins..." Ezekiel 18:20
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:21 am No, bc you are somehow able to support a pov of God as "evil," and you even slight Scripture, so unfort imo even when you are right you are wrong. I would certainly agree that the Death More Abundantly crap most Xtians believe is fallacy, but then this can all be found in the Bible, too.
I have no information on your last so cannot speak to it.

I slight scriptures because they themselves tell us that they are poor for perfecting our wisdom. If I need to get those quotes, let me know.

Tell me about the good you see in Yahweh/Jesus, a genocidal son murdering God who kills when he could do what Jesus said he came to do which was cure the afflicted, not kill them.
At least not till the second coming which is long overdue according to scriptures. That is when he is supposed to kill all who will not follow him.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:37 pm
bbyrd009 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:21 am No, bc you are somehow able to support a pov of God as "evil," and you even slight Scripture, so unfort imo even when you are right you are wrong. I would certainly agree that the Death More Abundantly crap most Xtians believe is fallacy, but then this can all be found in the Bible, too.
Tell me about the good you see in Yahweh/Jesus, a genocidal son murdering God who kills
i can't do this if you choose to find an evil God, the same way i could not convince a 15 year old that their father had their best interwsts at heart, basically. See, "son murdering" is a revelation of your self, your perspective, that Scripture does not support; "I desire mercy, not sacrifice." Now an illustration along those lines is made, i agree with that, but imo you and most Xtians have come to the same conclusion, which absolutely cannot be Quoted. No Son of Man may die for another's sins, see, right there in plain English. Caiaphas was the one who had advised the Jewish leaders that it would be good if one man died for the people. , etc
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:37 pmAt least not till the second coming which is long overdue according to scriptures.
Quote it then, and see. The Scriptural evience is overwhelming, when you stop reading like a...like that. Return to Me and I will return to you is the only return (shuvu) that can be Quoted. Anyone saying that JEsus is going to "return" is deceived; He is Revealed
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:37 pm That is when he is supposed to kill all who will not follow him.
when you read with Two Eyes, certainly, but God does not even want the scapegoat killed, see, so your pov has gone off the rails wadr. A spiritual perspective meant to relay the truth that useless layabouts and hinderers are devalued is being taken too literally there i guess
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

bbyrd009 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:01 am
Tell me about the good you see in Yahweh/Jesus, a genocidal son murdering God who kills
i can't do this if you choose to find an evil God, the same way i could not convince a 15 year old that their father had their best interests at heart if they were determined to believe that their father hated them, basically. See, "son murdering" is a revelation of your self, your perspective, that Scripture does not support; "I desire mercy, not sacrifice." Now an illustration along those lines is made, i agree with that, but imo you and most Xtians have come to the same conclusion, which absolutely cannot be Quoted. No Son of Man may die for another's sins, see, right there in plain English. Caiaphas was the one who had advised the Jewish leaders that it would be good if one man died for the people. , etc
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:37 pmAt least not till the second coming which is long overdue according to scriptures.
Quote it then, and see. The Scriptural evience is overwhelming, when you stop reading like a...like that. Return to Me and I will return to you is the only return (shuvu) that can be Quoted. Anyone saying that JEsus is going to "return" is deceived; He is Revealed
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:37 pm That is when he is supposed to kill all who will not follow him.
when you read with Two Eyes, certainly, but God does not even want the scapegoat killed, see, so your pov has gone off the rails wadr. A spiritual perspective meant to relay the truth that useless layabouts and hinderers are devalued is being taken too literally there i guess
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

i can't do this if you choose to find an evil God, the same way i could not convince a 15 year old that their father had their best interwsts at heart, basically. See, "son murdering" is a revelation of your self, your perspective, that Scripture does not support; "I desire mercy, not sacrifice." Now an illustration along those lines is made, i agree with that, but imo you and most Xtians have come to the same conclusion, which absolutely cannot be Quoted. No Son of Man may die for another's sins, see, right there in plain English. Caiaphas was the one who had advised the Jewish leaders that it would be good if one man died for the people. , etc
The vast majority of Christianity are lined up to ride their scapegoat Jesus who died for their sins, boo hoo, and you say most do not follow that thinking. Pffftt.

Why are they all flying the cross then and why is this bishop saying that their immoral scapegoating beliefs will kill Christianity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg

I actually like that Bishop. He speaks the truth of many things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

i can't do this if you choose to find an evil God, the same way i could not convince a 15 year old that their father had their best interwsts at heart, basically. See, "son murdering" is a revelation of your self, your perspective, that Scripture does not support;
You can't show Yahweh's good point. Are you serious or just coping out?

You are writing your own ideology and not following the general ones. You are right that the notion has little scriptural support, but the dogma still has Jesus dying for us. That is why it is call Christianity. The bible itself says that without Christ rising again, there is no Christianity.

What does this quote speak to, IYO, if not Jesus being chosen to die. Watch the link first.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzuxyq3 ... r_embedded

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:39 pm
The vast majority of Christianity are lined up to ride their scapegoat Jesus who died for their sins, boo hoo, and you say most do not follow that thinking. Pffftt.
ha i didnt say that at all lol. most surely do, prolly all of us start there i guess. But that many meet Christ in the air every day, when lightning flashes so to speak, shouldn't be denied either imo. Ppl get hip at roughly the same rate you did i guess, as new ignorants arise and take their place

Why are they all flying the cross then and why is this bishop saying that their immoral scapegoating beliefs will kill Christianity?

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

bbyrd009 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:50 pm
ha i didnt say that at all lol. most surely do, prolly all of us start there i guess. But that many meet Christ in the air every day, when lightning flashes so to speak, shouldn't be denied either imo. Ppl get hip at roughly the same rate you did i guess, as new ignorants arise and take their place. And you might choose to phrase epiphany differently, but i'm sure you appreciate "works unto rebound" (repentance) as much as anyone

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:50 pm
i can't do this if you choose to find an evil God, the same way i could not convince a 15 year old that their father had their best interwsts at heart, basically. See, "son murdering" is a revelation of your self, your perspective, that Scripture does not support;
You can't show Yahweh's good point. Are you serious or just coping out?
the point being that even if God is Love to me, that will not serve you here, bc no i do not have any prosperity stories for you, i am practically a wanted man lol, and i suggest that one take "count the cost"...um, more seriously than i did lol. But if yuyou believe God is evil or whatever then imo at least be smart enough to follow the instructions for an Evil King lest you be found to be a hypocrite anyway
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:50 pm
You are writing your own ideology and not following the general ones. You are right that the notion has little scriptural support, but the dogma still has Jesus dying for us. That is why it is call Christianity. The bible itself says that without Christ rising again, there is no Christianity.
the Bible Itself says No Son of Man may die for another's sins too, and trust me God did not need a sacrifice to make us acceptable to Him, and this is even in There when you read it with one eye ok. It is once again that people are evil, and required it, but of course you can't tell ppl that until they are ready, hence Nehushtan and all of the other clues, fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, There is no fear in love, Dont find love until you are ready, etc
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:50 pm What does this quote speak to, IYO, if not Jesus being chosen to die. Watch the link first.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzuxyq3 ... r_embedded

Regards
DL
yes, chosen to die alright, by people, by the Sanhedrin, it is clearly recorded ok. God did not need a sacrifice, and He did not want the scapegoat killed, and He hasn't changed, but we are i guess. real slow lol.