Was Jesus STONED and after crucified?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Re: Was Jesus STONED and after crucified?

Post by Giuseppe »

Secret Alias wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:45 am As a rule please refrain from saying that someone 'proved' something in the humanities.
you are accusing me of dogmatism when you are the dogmatic, here.

Is really necessary your refrain? Is the only "fake news" in all this forum only what comes from myself?
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

I am accusing you of constant exaggeration and hyperbole.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

All you need to do is add 'no money down, 3 years no interest' to your repertoire and you'd be a furniture salesman.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

If I was more expert in the English language, surely I would be more careful to seem less assertive and more possibilist. But I think that this premise (of mere possibilism) is implicit when I start threads full of speculations like this.

So, case closed.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

No. I disagree. In Italian, French or any other language there is a palpable distinction between 'proof' and 'opinion.' There is nothing lost in translation. You are a furniture salesman pretending to be an internet scholar.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

So what can change for you if I (disturb me to) rewrite again my first post of this thread by inserting again and again any verb in the conditional form?

I am sure that you would attack me even in that case.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Just stop SELLING and spend more time THINKING, evaluating, considering both sides or all sides of a given issue!
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Stop latching on to ANY ARGUMENT or ANY TEXT - like the mostly worthless Toledoth Yeshu - and concentrate instead on strong arguments from strong texts and other pieces of evidence.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Secret Alias wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:11 am Just stop SELLING and spend more time THINKING, evaluating, considering both sides or all sides of a given issue!
but aren't you seeing that in the my first post I am arguing along the lines of a presumed conspiracy by Judaizers to eclipse rumors about the real identity of a cursed man hung on the tree?

In terms of methodology (the assumption a priori of a conspiracy in action) my argument would make (relatively) a lot of sense.

For example, "throwing money to the potter" was an expression of contempt against the potter. Wasn't it?

Who is the potter?
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

but aren't you seeing that in the my first post I am arguing along the lines of a presumed conspiracy by Judaizers to eclipse rumors about the real identity of a cursed man hung on the tree?
Again, you can say whatever you want at the forum, just stop exaggerating the worth of these arguments. They aren't proofs or certainties. They're just arguments. Bye.