George Young: Gospel of Mark as Satirical Polemic

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Re: George Young: Gospel of Mark as Satirical Polemic

Post by Peter Kirby »

I am not sure if I even understand your insistence of me providing you with a parallel in 1st century AD to prove it's satire.
Scroll back up and read the post you quoted originally.

I understand that some people just want a platform for the expression of their beliefs. No problem. Just stop “replying” to me. You can post to this thread without “replying” to me, you know. You originally “insisted” on dredging up this thread and did so by way of a response to a post that, for a logical person, would involve “providing” that parallel.
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
Martin Klatt

Post by Martin Klatt »

I removed it
Last edited by Martin Klatt on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

Martin Klatt wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:40 am It is satire, like a duck it is walking and talking like a duck and I don't need to produce an id card saying D.Duck occupation Duck resident of Disneyland. If you fail to see the satire, your loss. Never mind, I will leave your thread and site, I don't like your tone and condescending assumptions about your visitors.
Okay, dude.
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

Martin Klatt wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:40 am You darn right know I initially assumed
No, that’s not correct. I did not know what you “initially assumed.” I knew what you wrote, I knew that it didn’t actually address that to which it replied, but I didn’t really know why.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

I don't know why people in the forum only seek approval from other posters. The best thing you can do for a thesis or a claim is to attack it. That should lead people to come up with better arguments.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Steven Avery

George Webber Young on Sinaiticus hieroglyphics

Post by Steven Avery »

Just a little side-note. George Webber Young (sometimes writing as Mark Thunderson) did place a number of interesting posts in the textual forums some years back about hieroglyphics in Sinaiticus. I have this documented on the purebibleforum.

George Webber Young on hieroglyphics in Sinaiticus
https://www.purebibleforum.com/index.ph ... /#post-448
(url updated to new Xenforo forum in 2023)

A year ago we had a small email exchange.

Steven