Covering all topics of history and the interpretation of texts, posts here should conform to the norms of academic discussion: respectful and with a tight focus on the subject matter.

Moderator: andrewcriddle

StephenGoranson

Re: ...

Post by StephenGoranson »

Mr. Neil Godfrey posted yesterday on his blog Vridar "Do the Dead Sea Scrolls Invalidate a Hellenistic Origin of the Hebrew Books of the Bible?" There he quoted me from this forum and gave his reply concerning Michael Langlois' proposal that several paleo-Hebrew Qumran mss are considerably older than previously estimated. He also quoted my observation, "Few have been radiocarbon dated (more to be published). Statistically it is unlikely that the oldest one has yet been tested and published." But he didn't comment on that part. So I sent a comment: "What about the statistical aspect, given that few Dead Sea Scrolls so far have been tested for C14?"
That was over 24 hours ago. It was not approved by him, so not published. It was imo a valid question, but evidently it was not welcomed nor allowed there. That blog may not be a good venue for academic discussion.