Habakkuk 3:5

Discussion about the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, pseudepigrapha, Philo, Josephus, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, archaeology, etc.
Ethan

Habakkuk 3:5

Post by Ethan »

Plague went before him, And pestilence followed his feet
3:5 πρὸ προσώπου αὐτοῦ πορεύσεται λόγος καὶ ἐξελεύσεται ἐν πεδίλοις οἱ πόδες αὐτοῦ [ LXX]

This verse is not consistent with the other verses , this is proven with the Septuagint , which does not mention plagues or pestilence.

πεδίλοις οἱ πόδες " Sandals on his feet"

The verse describes a God with Winged-Sandals... 3.6 "He stood, and measured the earth" 3:7 "I saw the tents of Cushan in affliction and this identifies the deity with Perseus , who traveled to Ethiopia ( Cushan) . ( not the one in Africa).

רשף is mistranslated throughout the Bible, in Songs of Solomon 8:6, mistranslated as 'Coal' and yet the Septuagint word is περίπτερος
meaning "flying round about", in other places, always referring to something in the sky, like a bird or lightning.

This is attempts by the translators to demonize traditional Hebrew culture.

https://vivliothikiagiasmatos.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/joseph-yahuda-hebrew-is-greek.pdf
Ethan

Re: Habakkuk 3:5

Post by Ethan »

I have discovered that Habbakuk 3 is a version off Psalms 18/ 2 Samuel 22.
Psalms 18:33 - 2 Samuel 22:34
He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.

Habbakuk 3:19
He will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places
Psalms 18:14-5 - 2 Samuel 22:15-6
Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them..

Habakkuk 3:11
The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.
Habbakkuk 3:7
I saw the tents of Cushan in affliction: and the curtains of the land of Midian did tremble.

Song 1:5
I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

2 Samuel 22:12
And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies.
( Pavilion = cukkah "tent").
https://vivliothikiagiasmatos.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/joseph-yahuda-hebrew-is-greek.pdf