Esther Found at Qumran

Discussion about the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, pseudepigrapha, Philo, Josephus, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, archaeology, etc.
Secret Alias

Esther Found at Qumran

Post by Secret Alias »

“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
andrewcriddle

Re: Esther Found at Qumran

Post by andrewcriddle »

I have a suspicion that this article is a joke.

Andrew Criddle
Kunigunde Kreuzerin

Post by Kunigunde Kreuzerin »

andrewcriddle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:40 am I have a suspicion that this article is a joke.

Andrew Criddle
:D
Even more indicative of a lively Purim celebration at Qumran was an inscription on a jug that appears to have been used to store wine, indicating that one was to drink until he could not distinguish between the Kohen Harasha (Wicked Priest) and the Moreh Tzedek (Teacher of Righteousness)
and there is much more
semiopen

Post by semiopen »

Kunigunde Kreuzerin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:53 am
Even more indicative of a lively Purim celebration at Qumran was an inscription on a jug that appears to have been used to store wine, indicating that one was to drink until he could not distinguish between the Kohen Harasha (Wicked Priest) and the Moreh Tzedek (Teacher of Righteousness)

Seems like a more intelligent comment than those I've noticed in the other current threads here about those guys.

The Sacred Mushroom and The Cross: A study of the nature and origins of Christianity within the fertility cults of the ancient Near East - https://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Mushroom- ... dpSrc=srch might be interesting - at least from the hallucinogenic (non Purim) angle.