The Pentateuch Written According to Kabbalah

Discussion about the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, pseudepigrapha, Philo, Josephus, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, archaeology, etc.
Secret Alias

Re: The Pentateuch Written According to Kabbalah

Post by Secret Alias »

Yes it is. It's just that people don't recognize atheism has a (subtle) agenda in a parallel manner to religious apologetics, only in reverse. Let me tell you what I mean. Whenever I meet anyone after the first minute or so of speaking to them I get bored and try to make sense of 'what makes them tick' - i.e. the rational basis to their worldview. The fact is that I recognize that there is a counter argument - in fact at least a few - to this approach. Am I smart enough to figure out what makes people tick? Is it possible? Fine maybe it is a waste of time. But maybe everything has this epistemological difficulty so by that argument I shouldn't engage in anything but physical activity.

So in the same way that I like to figure what makes people tick, I like to figure out what the Pentateuch was all about. While it can be argued I am not smart enough to do either, I am struck by the obvious contradiction between the claim that God can't be seen and that people will die if they see God but clearly the Patriarchs, Moses and the Israelites saw some divine being(s) - the atheist solution is usually the author was incompetent/stupid so the inconsistencies are attributable to incompetence/stupidity. But I don't buy that. I think even the biggest moron has a logic to what makes him tick. Sometimes inconsistencies AREN'T attributable to moronic stupidity. Police determine criminal behavior based on inconsistencies. In those cases inconsistencies are linked to secrecy.

The entire question of 'inconsistencies' in the Hebrew religion (Judaism, Christianity) come down to whether (a) Jews were/are stupid or (b) Jews were/are secretive. Jews may not as a whole be great athletes but ... you know what I think.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Stephan Huller

Post by Stephan Huller »

and remember, Jews have always said their religion had a secret tradition. So the claim that the Pentateuch was written according to inconsistency or stupidity goes against the established POV.
Stephan Huller

Post by Stephan Huller »

and the fact that the earliest Samaritan exegesis is 1000x more esoteric/kabbalistic cements an early date