Previously Unknown Subspecies of Human Discovered in Siberia

All other informal historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here. This includes the topics of Islam, Buddhism, and other religious traditions.
jferris

Re: Previously Unknown Subspecies of Human Discovered in Siberia

Post by jferris »

John T,

Thank-you. I wish you all the best.

John T wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:56 pm
The terms are subjective just like motives.
That is why I politely ask others to define their terms and disengage those who refuse.

Experience tells me, those who refuse to define their terms are not interested in real science but in promoting their religious views, i.e. atheism or theism.

Respectfully,

John T
John T

Post by John T »

Science is not religion.

It is a method for acquiring knowledge by analyzing observable facts. All too often, the uneducated masses and/or religious zealots have been taken for fools by dishonest scientists who have falsified findings in order to advance their religious views.

Piltdown man is just one example.

Much like the telescope has confirmed the heliocentric theory over the geocentric theory, DNA sequencing has debunked Darwin's theory of natural selection.

"Over the past decade, advances in analyzing ancient DNA-the genetic material found in cells-have revolutionized our understanding of human evolution and led to some surprising discoveries."...pg 196 Big History/ Macquarie University

Among the surprising discoveries is that modern humans did not evolve from Neanderthals.

"So far, we have no evidence of Neanderthal mtDNA lineages in modern humans."...Smithsonian

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/gen ... uclear-dna

It is die-hards like Richard Dawkins that are the backward thinkers of evolution. Not out of their lack of understanding of DNA science but their inability to set aside their religious belief, i.e., atheism.
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift
lpetrich

Post by lpetrich »

jferris wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:44 pm John T,

I've been following your arguments with interest, but I find that I'm having trouble understanding them. Could you please articulate what you mean by "creationism" and "evolution?"
But then you use those terms yourself without defining them. That's not playing very nice.
John T

Post by John T »

lpetrich wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:53 am
jferris wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:44 pm John T,

I've been following your arguments with interest, but I find that I'm having trouble understanding them. Could you please articulate what you mean by "creationism" and "evolution?"
But then you use those terms yourself without defining them. That's not playing very nice.
Surely, you will agree words can have multiple meanings.
Again, I ask you to define your terms so we can see if they are based on science or theology. :roll:

I have made it clear my terminology on human evolution is based on science not religion.

If you refuse to separate the categories like I have, then who is really, "not playing very nice"?
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift
John T

Post by John T »

Mom was a Neanderthal.

"BERLIN (AP) — Scientists say they've found the remains of a prehistoric female whose mother was a Neanderthal and whose father belonged to another extinct group of human relatives known as Denisovans....Paabo said he was surprised by the discovery, given how relatively few remains of our evolutionary relatives have been found around the world."...AP

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mom-neandert ... 20621.html

Actually, I'm no more surprised than all the other so-called missing-link discoveries that turn out to be a lot to do about nothing.
Nor am I surprised that Paabo's evidence is once again based on a very, very small bone fragment.

Keep digging Paabo, perhaps there is a skull to go along with that very, very small bone fragment.
But I won't hold my breathe. :popcorn: