Prehistoric Space Visitors, Freaky Archaeology, Sitchin

All other informal historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here. This includes the topics of Islam, Buddhism, and other religious traditions.

Moderator: JoeWallack

DaveTheWriter

Prehistoric Space Visitors, Freaky Archaeology, Sitchin

Post by DaveTheWriter »

Is this guy bunk or is there some real in it?

Zecharia Sitchin

Idea that Earth was visited from space, knowledge imparted, etc.

When Time Began
book by Zecharia Sitchin
JPCusickSr

Re: Prehistoric Space Visitors, Freaky Archaeology, Sitchin

Post by JPCusickSr »

DaveTheWriter wrote:Is this guy bunk or is there some real in it?

Zecharia Sitchin

Idea that Earth was visited from space, knowledge imparted, etc.

When Time Began
book by Zecharia Sitchin
I see that guy as mostly full of bunk, but I like the theory that there was another planet between Mars and Jupiter which broke apart (for whatever reason) and its rubble and debris is what makes up the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.

I read his book about "The 12th planet" and he told about the ancient records of that now missing planet, and he jumped to conclusion which I did not agree but his argument for that "12th Planet" is still fascinating to me ever after learning about the theory.

The Bible tells of space travel too, as like Elijah and the flaming chariot, 2 Kings 2:11, and even Jesus said a peculiar thing in John 8:23 by saying = "Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world." If we take that literally then it is peculiar indeed.

If there was another planet with intelligent life on it between Mars and Jupiter then the implications would be extraordinary.

:whistling:
Attachments
The missing planet in rubble:
The missing planet in rubble:
Asteroid belt.png (346.27 KiB) Viewed 26614 times
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
lpetrich

Post by lpetrich »

I don't think that the purported evidence is strong enough. Myths and legends can easily reflect people's imagination. Our earliest written records do not have much evidence of certain easily-imparted information, like alphabetic writing, a place system for numbers, zero and negative numbers as legitimate numbers, etc. Or else that the Earth is shaped like a ball, that the Moon is illuminated by the Sun, and that eclipses are caused by shadow effects instead of by celestial monsters or sorcerers.

According to Plutarch, Advice to Bride and Groom (Plutarch • Conjugalia Praecepta),
And if anybody professes power to pull down the moon from the sky, she will laugh at the ignorance and stupidity of women who believe these things, inasmuch as she herself is not unschooled in astronomy, and has read in the books about Aglaonice, the daughter of Hegetor of Thessaly, and how she, through being thoroughly acquainted with the periods of the full moon when it is subject to eclipse, and, knowing beforehand the time when the moon was due to be overtaken by the earth's shadow, imposed upon the women, and made them all believe that she was drawing down the moon.
lpetrich

Post by lpetrich »

As to the origin of the asteroids, they are most likely leftovers from planet formation. Some asteroids have similar orbits ( Asteroid family), and some asteroid families are a billion years old or thereabouts.
Tentative age estimates have been obtained for some families, ranging from hundreds of millions of years to less than several million years as for the compact Karin family. Old families are thought to contain few small members, and this is the basis of the age determinations.

It is supposed that many very old families have lost all the smaller and medium-sized members, leaving only a few of the largest intact. A suggested example of such old family remains are the 9 Metis and 113 Amalthea pair. Further evidence for a large number of past families (now dispersed) comes from analysis of chemical ratios in iron meteorites. These show that there must have once been at least 50 to 100 parent bodies large enough to be differentiated, that have since been shattered to expose their cores and produce the actual meteorites (Kelley & Gaffey 2000).
They would have dated back to the early history of the Solar System, when it had enough aluminum-26 and other short-lived radioisotopes to melt Vesta and to let a large number of proto-asteroids become differentiated.

So asteroids are almost certainly *not* due to a recently-exploded planet.
John T

Post by John T »

Although the latest theory is; the Asteroid belt is made from the debris (garbage left overs) not used during the formation of the outer gas giants and inter rocky planets.

https://phys.org/news/2017-09-theory-asteroid-belt.html

However, I like to think the asteroid belt is the aftermath debris from a collision between a flung out moon of Jupiter and a rocky planet (smaller than Mars) that did not reform after impact.

A similar collision theory is starting to emerge regarding how Earth's moon was created. That is, the moon is made from debris from Earth after a head on collision with a smaller planet name Theia, 4.5 billion years ago.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/moon- ... ing-planet
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift
Derek Cunningham

Post by Derek Cunningham »

The stories in the Bible and other religions are not mentioning aliens....

They are referring to an ancient map of Earth, where the stars were brought down to Earth to aid navigation.

I wish I could upload an image....but since I can't I'll try to explain it very quickly.

In the Greek descriptions of the constellations some are described as if they are related to water (Cancer the Crab, Aquarious< Hydra the Dragon)

Then other constellations are linked to land.....land in the night sky????

Have you ever wondered why?

Well, what would you think the chance is that you can wrap the stars around Earth, and the constellations that match water will all overlap the locations of the oceans, and the constellations that are identified as birds, or heroes who did not drown mark will match the locations of the continents, or the islands in the Pacific Ocean?

Well, that is exactly what happens, when you wrap the stars around Earth, but there is a neat trick to this overlay.

It only works when you match the stars to the layout of the Great Pyramids, and this forces the stars to wrap around the Earth.

When the map is drawn out, the stories surrounding the constellations also suddenly begin to make sense. Virgo, which is the constellations linked to agriculture, successfully marks the location where the earliest known agriculture began.

Other features match religious stories surrounding gods riding on top of Swans, and even the story surrounding Ragnarok is explained by just looking at the layout of the constellations.

When you think about it's logical. The stars were the TV of the ancient world. It's where unexplained things happened. So, it is no wonder why the stars were used in ancient religious stories, and the stars helped the ancients measure time and navigate.
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

a celestial sphere basically, yeh?
"No Son of Man may die for another's sins..." Ezekiel 18:20