Prehistoric Space Visitors, Freaky Archaeology, Sitchin

All other historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here.
DaveTheWriter

Prehistoric Space Visitors, Freaky Archaeology, Sitchin

Post by DaveTheWriter » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Is this guy bunk or is there some real in it?

Zecharia Sitchin

Idea that Earth was visited from space, knowledge imparted, etc.

When Time Began
book by Zecharia Sitchin

JPCusickSr

Re: Prehistoric Space Visitors, Freaky Archaeology, Sitchin

Post by JPCusickSr » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:28 am

DaveTheWriter wrote:Is this guy bunk or is there some real in it?

Zecharia Sitchin

Idea that Earth was visited from space, knowledge imparted, etc.

When Time Began
book by Zecharia Sitchin
I see that guy as mostly full of bunk, but I like the theory that there was another planet between Mars and Jupiter which broke apart (for whatever reason) and its rubble and debris is what makes up the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.

I read his book about "The 12th planet" and he told about the ancient records of that now missing planet, and he jumped to conclusion which I did not agree but his argument for that "12th Planet" is still fascinating to me ever after learning about the theory.

The Bible tells of space travel too, as like Elijah and the flaming chariot, 2 Kings 2:11, and even Jesus said a peculiar thing in John 8:23 by saying = "Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world." If we take that literally then it is peculiar indeed.

If there was another planet with intelligent life on it between Mars and Jupiter then the implications would be extraordinary.

:whistling:
Attachments
Asteroid belt.png
The missing planet in rubble:
Asteroid belt.png (346.27 KiB) Viewed 506 times
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.

lpetrich

Post by lpetrich » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:15 am

I don't think that the purported evidence is strong enough. Myths and legends can easily reflect people's imagination. Our earliest written records do not have much evidence of certain easily-imparted information, like alphabetic writing, a place system for numbers, zero and negative numbers as legitimate numbers, etc. Or else that the Earth is shaped like a ball, that the Moon is illuminated by the Sun, and that eclipses are caused by shadow effects instead of by celestial monsters or sorcerers.

According to Plutarch, Advice to Bride and Groom (Plutarch • Conjugalia Praecepta),
And if anybody professes power to pull down the moon from the sky, she will laugh at the ignorance and stupidity of women who believe these things, inasmuch as she herself is not unschooled in astronomy, and has read in the books about Aglaonice, the daughter of Hegetor of Thessaly, and how she, through being thoroughly acquainted with the periods of the full moon when it is subject to eclipse, and, knowing beforehand the time when the moon was due to be overtaken by the earth's shadow, imposed upon the women, and made them all believe that she was drawing down the moon.

lpetrich

Post by lpetrich » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 am

As to the origin of the asteroids, they are most likely leftovers from planet formation. Some asteroids have similar orbits (Asteroid family), and some asteroid families are a billion years old or thereabouts.
Tentative age estimates have been obtained for some families, ranging from hundreds of millions of years to less than several million years as for the compact Karin family. Old families are thought to contain few small members, and this is the basis of the age determinations.

It is supposed that many very old families have lost all the smaller and medium-sized members, leaving only a few of the largest intact. A suggested example of such old family remains are the 9 Metis and 113 Amalthea pair. Further evidence for a large number of past families (now dispersed) comes from analysis of chemical ratios in iron meteorites. These show that there must have once been at least 50 to 100 parent bodies large enough to be differentiated, that have since been shattered to expose their cores and produce the actual meteorites (Kelley & Gaffey 2000).
They would have dated back to the early history of the Solar System, when it had enough aluminum-26 and other short-lived radioisotopes to melt Vesta and to let a large number of proto-asteroids become differentiated.

So asteroids are almost certainly *not* due to a recently-exploded planet.