1 Corinthians with Iulius, Chrestus, and Kaisar for IC, XC, KC

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
lclapshaw

1 Corinthians with Iulius, Chrestus, and Kaisar for IC, XC, KC

Post by lclapshaw »

Now I want to be very clear, I am not pushing an agenda with this. This is simply a proof of concept, nothing more. It is simply to look at and possibly study. It is a data dump.

Note: quoted text are possible interpolations. Please see viewtopic.php?p=100479#p100479

Please enjoy!

Lane

1 Corinthians (part 1)

1:1 Παῦλος (Paul), κλητὸς (a called) ἀπόστολος (apostle) Χῦ (of Chrestos) Ἰῦ (Iulius) διὰ (by the) θελήματος (will) Θεοῦ (of God), καὶ (and) Σωσθένης (Sosthenes), ὁ (the) ἀδελφὸς (brother),
2 Τῇ (To the) ἐκκλησίᾳ (assembly) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) «τῇ ( ) οὔσῃ (being) ἐν (in) Κορίνθῳ» (Corinth), ⇔ «ἡγιασμένοις (having been sanctified) ἐν (in) Χῷ (Chrestos) Ἰῦ» (Iulius), κλητοῖς (called) ἁγίοις (holy), σὺν (together with) πᾶσιν (all) τοῖς (those) ἐπικαλουμένοις (calling on) τὸ (the) ὄνομα (name) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Kaisar) ἡμῶν (of us) Ἰῦ (Iulius) Χῦ (Chrestos) ἐν (in) παντὶ (every) τόπῳ (place), αὐτῶν (both theirs) καὶ (and) ἡμῶν (ours):
3 Χάρις (Goodwill) ὑμῖν (to you) καὶ (and) εἰρήνη (peace) ἀπὸ (from) Θεοῦ (God) Πατρὸς (Father) ἡμῶν (of us) καὶ (and) Κυ (the Kaisar) Ἰῦ (Iulius) Χῦ (Chrestos).
4 Εὐχαριστῶ (I thank) τῷ (the) Θεῷ (God) ‹μου› (of me) πάντοτε (always) περὶ (concerning) ὑμῶν (you) ἐπὶ (for) τῇ (the) χάριτι (goodwill) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) τῇ ( ) δοθείσῃ (having been given) ὑμῖν (you) ἐν (in) Χῷ (Chrestos) Ἰῦ (Iulius),
5 ὅτι (that) ἐν (in) παντὶ (everything) ἐπλουτίσθητε (you have been enriched) ἐν (in) αὐτῷ (Him), ἐν (in) παντὶ (all) λόγῳ (speech) καὶ (and) πάσῃ (all) γνώσει (knowledge),
6 καθὼς (as) τὸ (the) μαρτύριον (testimony) τοῦ (about) Χῦ (Chrestos) ἐβεβαιώθη (was confirmed) ἐν (in) ὑμῖν (you),
7 ὥστε (so as for) ὑμᾶς (you) μὴ (not) ὑστερεῖσθαι (to be lacking) ἐν (in) μηδενὶ (not one) χαρίσματι (goodwill gift), ἀπεκδεχομένους (eagerly awaiting) τὴν (the) ἀποκάλυψιν (revelation) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Kaisar) ἡμῶν (of us) Ἰῦ (Iulius) Χῦ (Chrestos),
8 ὃς (who) καὶ (also) βεβαιώσει (will sustain) ὑμᾶς (you) ἕως (to the) τέλους (end), ἀνεγκλήτους (blameless) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) ἡμέρᾳ (day) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Kaisar) ἡμῶν (of us) Ἰῦ (Iulius) Χῦ (Chrestos).

9 πιστὸς ὁ (faithful) Θεὸς (God), δι’ (by) οὗ (whom) ἐκλήθητε (you were called) εἰς (into) κοινωνίαν (fellowship) τοῦ (with the) Υἱοῦ (Son) αὐτοῦ (of Him), Ἰῦ (Iulius) Χῦ (Chrestos), τοῦ (the) Κυ (Kaisar) ἡμῶν (of us).

10 Παρακαλῶ (I exhort) δὲ (now) ὑμᾶς (you), ἀδελφοί (brothers), διὰ (by) τοῦ (the) ὀνόματος (name) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Kaisar) ἡμῶν (of us) Ἰῦ (Iulius) Χῦ (Chrestos), ἵνα (that) τὸ (the) αὐτὸ (same thing) λέγητε (you speak) πάντες (all), καὶ (and) μὴ (not) ᾖ (there be) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) σχίσματα (divisions); ἦτε (you may be) δὲ (however) κατηρτισμένοι (having been knit together) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) αὐτῷ (same) νοῒ (mind) καὶ (and) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) αὐτῇ (same) γνώμῃ (judgment).
11 ἐδηλώθη (It was shown) γάρ (for) μοι (to me) περὶ (concerning) ὑμῶν (you), ἀδελφοί (brothers) μου (of me), ὑπὸ (by) τῶν (those) Χλόης (of Chloe), ὅτι (that) ἔριδες (quarrels) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) εἰσιν (there are).
12 λέγω (I mean) δὲ (now) τοῦτο (this), ὅτι (that) ἕκαστος (each) ὑμῶν (of you) λέγει (says), “Ἐγὼ (I) μέν (indeed) εἰμι (am) Παύλου (of Paul),” “Ἐγὼ (I) δὲ (and) Ἀπολλῶ (of Apollos),” “Ἐγὼ (I) δὲ (and) Κηφᾶ (of Cephas),”a “Ἐγὼ (I) δὲ (and) Χῦ (of Chrestos).”
13 Μεμέρισται (Has been divided) ὁ ( ) Χς (Chrestos)? μὴ (Not) Παῦλος (Paul) ἐσταυρώθη (was crucified) ὑπὲρ (for) ὑμῶν (you)? ἢ (Or) εἰς (into) τὸ (the) ὄνομα (name) Παύλου (of Paul) ἐβαπτίσθητε (were you baptized)?
14 εὐχαριστῶ (I thank) ὅτι (that) οὐδένα (no one) ὑμῶν (of you) ἐβάπτισα (I baptized), εἰ (if) μὴ (not) Κρίσπον (Crispus) καὶ (and) Γάϊον (Gaius),
15 ἵνα (so that) μή (not) τις (anyone) εἴπῃ (should say) ὅτι (that) εἰς (into) τὸ ( ) ἐμὸν (my) ὄνομα (name) ἐβαπτίσθητε (you were baptized).
16 ἐβάπτισα (I baptized) δὲ (now) καὶ (also) τὸν (the) Στεφανᾶ (of Stephanas) οἶκον (household); λοιπὸν (as to the rest), οὐκ (not) οἶδα (I know) εἴ (whether) τινα (any) ἄλλον (other) ἐβάπτισα (I baptized).
17 οὐ (Not) γὰρ (for) ἀπέστειλέν (sent) με (me) Χς (Chrestos) βαπτίζειν (to baptize), ἀλλὰ (but) εὐαγγελίζεσθαι (proclaim the announcement), οὐκ (not) ἐν (in) σοφίᾳ (wisdom) λόγου (of discourse), ἵνα (that) μὴ (not) κενωθῇ (be emptied of power) ὁ (the) σταυρὸς (stake) τοῦ (of the) Χῦ (Chrestos).
18 Ὁ (The) λόγος (message) γὰρ (for) ὁ ( ) τοῦ (of the) σταυροῦ (cross), τοῖς (to those) μὲν (indeed) ἀπολλυμένοις (perishing) μωρία (foolishness) ἐστίν (is); τοῖς (those) δὲ (however) σῳζομένοις (being saved), ἡμῖν (to us), δύναμις (power) Θεοῦ (of God) ἐστιν (it is).
19 γέγραπται (It has been written) γάρ (for): “Ἀπολῶ (I will destroy) τὴν (the) σοφίαν (wisdom) τῶν (of the) σοφῶν (wise), καὶ (and) τὴν (the) σύνεσιν (intelligence) τῶν (of the) συνετῶν (intelligent) ἀθετήσω (I will frustrate).”b
20 Ποῦ (Where is the) σοφός (wise)? ποῦ (Where the) γραμματεύς (scribe)? ποῦ (Where the) συζητητὴς (debater) τοῦ (the) αἰῶνος (age) τούτου (of this)? οὐχὶ (Not) ἐμώρανεν (has made foolish) ὁ ( ) Θεὸς (God) τὴν (the) σοφίαν (wisdom) τοῦ (of the) κόσμου (world)?
21 ἐπειδὴ (Since) γὰρ (for) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) σοφίᾳ (wisdom) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God), οὐκ (not) ἔγνω (knew) ὁ (the) κόσμος (world) διὰ (through) τῆς (the) σοφίας (wisdom) τὸν ( ) Θεόν (God), εὐδόκησεν (was pleased) ὁ ( ) Θεὸς (God), διὰ (through) τῆς (the) μωρίας (foolishness) τοῦ (of the) κηρύγματος (proclamation), σῶσαι (to save) τοὺς (those) πιστεύοντας (believing).
22 Ἐπειδὴ (Seeing that) καὶ (both) Ἰουδαῖοι (Jews) σημεῖα (signs) αἰτοῦσιν (ask for), καὶ (and) Ἕλληνες (Greeks) σοφίαν (wisdom) ζητοῦσιν (seek),
23 ἡμεῖς (we) δὲ (however) κηρύσσομεν (preach) Χν (Chrestos) ἐσταυρωμένον (having been crucified), Ἰουδαίοις (to the Jewish) μὲν (indeed) σκάνδαλον (a stumbling block), ἔθνεσιν (to Gentiles) δὲ (now) μωρίαν (foolishness);
24 αὐτοῖς (to them) δὲ (however) τοῖς (the) κλητοῖς (called), Ἰουδαίοις (Jews) τε (both) καὶ (and) Ἕλλησιν (Greeks), Χν (Chrestos) Θεοῦ (of God) δύναμιν (the power) καὶ (and) Θεοῦ (of God) σοφίαν (the wisdom).
25 Ὅτι (For) τὸ (the) μωρὸν (foolishness) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) σοφώτερον (wiser) τῶν ( ) ἀνθρώπων (than men) ἐστίν (is), καὶ (and) τὸ (the) ἀσθενὲς (weakness) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) ἰσχυρότερον (stronger) τῶν ( ) ἀνθρώπων (than men). Wisdom from God
26 Βλέπετε (Consider) γὰρ (for) τὴν (the) κλῆσιν (calling) ὑμῶν (of you), ἀδελφοί (brothers), ὅτι (that) οὐ (not) πολλοὶ (many) σοφοὶ (wise) κατὰ (according to) σάρκα (flesh were), οὐ (not) πολλοὶ (many) δυνατοί (powerful), οὐ (not) πολλοὶ (many) εὐγενεῖς (of noble birth).
27 ἀλλὰ (But) τὰ (the) μωρὰ (foolish things) τοῦ (of the) κόσμου (world) ἐξελέξατο (has chosen) ὁ ( ) Θεός (God) ἵνα (that) καταισχύνῃ (He might shame) τοὺς (the) σοφούς (wise); καὶ (and) τὰ (the) ἀσθενῆ (weak things) τοῦ (of the) κόσμου (world) ἐξελέξατο (chose) ὁ ( ) Θεός (God) ἵνα (that) καταισχύνῃ (He might shame) τὰ (the) ἰσχυρά (strong);
28 καὶ (and) τὰ (the) ἀγενῆ (low born) τοῦ (of the) κόσμου (world), καὶ (and) τὰ (the things) ἐξουθενημένα (being despised), ἐξελέξατο (chose) ὁ ( ) Θεός (God), (καὶ) (and) τὰ (the things) μὴ (not) ὄντα (being), ἵνα (that) τὰ (the things) ὄντα (being) καταργήσῃ (He might annul),
29 ὅπως (so that) μὴ (not) καυχήσηται (might boast) πᾶσα (all) σὰρξ (flesh) ἐνώπιον (before) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (God).
30 Ἐξ (Out of) αὐτοῦ (Him) δὲ (however), ὑμεῖς (you) ἐστε (are) ἐν (in) Χῷ (Chrestos) Ἰῦ (Iulius), ὃς (who) ἐγενήθη (has been made) σοφία (wisdom) ἡμῖν (unto us) ἀπὸ (from) Θεοῦ (God), δικαιοσύνη (righteousness) τε (and) καὶ (also) ἁγιασμὸς (sanctification) καὶ (and) ἀπολύτρωσις (redemption),
31 ἵνα (in order that), καθὼς (as) γέγραπται (it has been written): “Ὁ (The one) καυχώμενος (boasting), ἐν (in the) Κυ (Κaisar) καυχάσθω (let him boast)

2:1 Κἀγὼ (And I), ἐλθὼν (having come) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you), ἀδελφοί (brothers), ἦλθον (came) οὐ (not) καθ’ (according to) ὑπεροχὴν (excellency) λόγου (of speech), ἢ (or) σοφίας (wisdom), καταγγέλλων (proclaiming) ὑμῖν (to you) τὸ (the) μαρτύριον (testimony) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God).
2 οὐ (Nothing) γὰρ (for) ἔκρινά (I decided) τι (anything) εἰδέναι (to know) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you), εἰ (if) μὴ (not) Ἰν Χν (Chrestos), καὶ (and) τοῦτον (Him) ἐσταυρωμένον (having been crucified).
3 κἀγὼ (And I), ἐν (in) ἀσθενείᾳ (weakness), καὶ (and) ἐν (in) φόβῳ (fear), καὶ (and) ἐν (in) τρόμῳ (trembling) πολλῷ (much), ἐγενόμην (was) πρὸς (with) ὑμᾶς (you).
4 καὶ (And) ὁ (the) λόγος (message) μου (of me) καὶ (and) τὸ (the) κήρυγμά (preaching) μου (of me) οὐκ (were not) ἐν (in) πειθοῖς (persuasive) σοφίας (of wisdom) λόγοις (words), ἀλλ’ (but) ἐν (in) ἀποδείξει (demonstration) Πνεύματος (of the Spirit) καὶ (and) δυνάμεως (of power),
5 ἵνα (so that) ἡ (the) πίστις (faith) ὑμῶν (of you) μὴ (not) ᾖ (might be) ἐν (in) σοφίᾳ (wisdom) ἀνθρώπων (of men), ἀλλ’ (but) ἐν (in) δυνάμει (power) Θεοῦ (of God). Spiritual Wisdom
6 Σοφίαν (Wisdom) δὲ (however) λαλοῦμεν (we speak) ἐν (among) τοῖς (the) τελείοις (mature); σοφίαν (wisdom) δὲ (however), οὐ (not) τοῦ (the) αἰῶνος (age) τούτου (of this), οὐδὲ (nor) τῶν (of the) ἀρχόντων (rulers) τοῦ (the) αἰῶνος (age) τούτου (of this), τῶν (who) καταργουμένων (are coming to naught).
7 ἀλλὰ (But) λαλοῦμεν (we speak) Θεοῦ (of God) σοφίαν (wisdom) ἐν (in) μυστηρίῳ (a mystery), τὴν ( ) ἀποκεκρυμμένην (having been hidden), ἣν (which) προώρισεν (foreordained) ὁ ( ) Θεὸς (God) πρὸ (before) τῶν (the) αἰώνων (ages) εἰς (for) δόξαν (glory) ἡμῶν (of us),
8 ἣν (which) οὐδεὶς (none) τῶν (of the) ἀρχόντων (rulers) τοῦ (the) αἰῶνος (age) τούτου (of this) ἔγνωκεν (has understood); εἰ (if) γὰρ (for) ἔγνωσαν (they had understood it), οὐκ (not) ἂν ( ) τὸν (the) Κυ (Κaisar) τῆς ( ) δόξης (of glory) ἐσταύρωσαν (they would have crucified),
9 ἀλλὰ (but) καθὼς (as) γέγραπται (it has been written): “Ἃ (What) ὀφθαλμὸς (eye) οὐκ (not) εἶδεν (has seen), καὶ (and) οὖς (ear) οὐκ (not) ἤκουσεν (has heard), καὶ (and) ἐπὶ (into) καρδίαν (heart) ἀνθρώπου (of man) οὐκ (not) ἀνέβη (has entered), ὅσα (what) ἡτοίμασεν (has prepared) ὁ ( ) Θεὸς (God) τοῖς (for those) ἀγαπῶσιν (loving) αὐτόν (Him).”a
10 Ἡμῖν (To us) γὰρ (for) ἀπεκάλυψεν (has revealed it) ὁ ( ) Θεὸς (God) διὰ (through) τοῦ (the) Πνεύματος (Spirit). Τὸ (The) γὰρ (for) Πνεῦμα (Spirit) πάντα (all things) ἐραυνᾷ (searches), καὶ (even) τὰ (the) βάθη (depths) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God).
11 τίς (Who) γὰρ (for) οἶδεν (knows) ἀνθρώπων (among men) τὰ (the things) τοῦ (of the) ἀνθρώπου (man), εἰ (if) μὴ (not) τὸ (the) πνεῦμα (spirit) τοῦ (of the) ἀνθρώπου (man) τὸ (that is) ἐν (within) αὐτῷ (him)? οὕτως (So) καὶ (also) τὰ (the things) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) οὐδεὶς (no one) ἔγνωκεν (knows), εἰ (if) μὴ (not) τὸ (the) Πνεῦμα (Spirit) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God).
12 ἡμεῖς (We) δὲ (now), οὐ (not) τὸ (the) πνεῦμα (spirit) τοῦ (of the) κόσμου (world) ἐλάβομεν (have received), ἀλλὰ (but) τὸ (the) πνεῦμα (Spirit) τὸ (who is) ἐκ (from) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (God), ἵνα (that) εἰδῶμεν (we may know) τὰ (the things) ὑπὸ (by) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (God) χαρισθέντα (having been granted) ἡμῖν (to us),
13 ἃ (which) καὶ (also) λαλοῦμεν (we speak), οὐκ (not) ἐν (in) διδακτοῖς (taught) ἀνθρωπίνης (of human) σοφίας (wisdom) λόγοις (words), ἀλλ’ (but) ἐν (in those) διδακτοῖς (taught) Πνεύματος (of the Spirit), πνευματικοῖς (by spiritual means) πνευματικὰ (spiritual things) συνκρίνοντες (communicating).
14 Ψυχικὸς (The natural) δὲ (however) ἄνθρωπος (man) οὐ (not) δέχεται (accepts) τὰ (the things) τοῦ (of the) Πνεύματος (Spirit) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God); μωρία (foolishness) γὰρ (for) αὐτῷ (to him) ἐστίν (they are), καὶ (and) οὐ (not) δύναται (he is able) γνῶναι (to understand them), ὅτι (because) πνευματικῶς (spiritually) ἀνακρίνεται (they are discerned).
15 ὁ (He who is) δὲ (however) πνευματικὸς (spiritual) ἀνακρίνει (judges) τὰ* ( ) πάντα (all things) αὐτὸς (he himself), δὲ (however) ὑπ’ (by) οὐδενὸς (no one) ἀνακρίνεται (is judged).
16 “Τίς (Who) γὰρ (for) ἔγνω (has known) νοῦν (the mind) Κυ (of the Kaisar)? ὃς (Who) συμβιβάσει (will instruct) αὐτόν (Him)?”b ἡμεῖς (We) δὲ (however) νοῦν (the mind) Χῦ (of Chrestos) ἔχομεν (have).
3:1 Κἀγώ (And I) ἀδελφοί (brothers) οὐκ (not) ἠδυνήθην (was able) λαλῆσαι (to speak) ὑμῖν (to you) ὡς (as) πνευματικοῖς (to spiritual), ἀλλ’ (but) ὡς (as) σαρκίνοις (to fleshly), ὡς (as) νηπίοις (to infants) ἐν (in) Χῷ (Chrestos).
2 γάλα (Milk) ὑμᾶς (you) ἐπότισα (I gave to drink), οὐ (not) βρῶμα (solid food), οὔπω (not yet) γὰρ (for) ἐδύνασθε (were you able). Ἀλλ’ (In fact), οὐδὲ (not) ἔτι (still) νῦν (now) δύνασθε (are you able);
3 ἔτι (still) γὰρ (for) σαρκικοί (fleshly) ἐστε (you are). ὅπου (Where) γὰρ (for) ἐν (are among) ὑμῖν (you) ζῆλος (jealousy) καὶ (and) ἔρις (strife), οὐχὶ (not) σαρκικοί (fleshly) ἐστε (are you), καὶ (and) κατὰ (according to) ἄνθρωπον (man) περιπατεῖτε (are walking)?
4 ὅταν (When) γὰρ (for) λέγῃ (might say) τις (one), “Ἐγὼ (I) μέν (indeed) εἰμι (am) Παύλου (of Paul),” ἕτερος (another) δέ (however), “Ἐγὼ (I) Ἀπολλῶ (of Apollos),” οὐκ (not) ἄνθρωποί (fleshly) ἐστε (are you)?
5 Τί (Who) οὖν (then) ἐστιν (is) Ἀπολλῶς (Apollos)? τί (Who) δέ (now) ἐστιν (is) Παῦλος (Paul)? διάκονοι (Servants) δι’ (through) ὧν (whom) ἐπιστεύσατε (you believed), καὶ (also) ἑκάστῳ (to each) ὡς (as) ὁ (the) Κc (Κaisar) ἔδωκεν (has given)?
6 ἐγὼ (I) ἐφύτευσα (planted), Ἀπολλῶς (Apollos) ἐπότισεν (watered), ἀλλὰ (but) ὁ ( ) Θεὸς (God) ηὔξανεν (kept it growing).
7 ὥστε (So) οὔτε (neither) ὁ (the one) φυτεύων (planting) ἐστίν (is) τι (anything), οὔτε (nor) ὁ (the one) ποτίζων (watering), ἀλλ’ (but only) ὁ (the One) αὐξάνων (giving growth)— Θεός (God).
8 ὁ (The one) φυτεύων (planting) δὲ (now) καὶ (and) ὁ (the one) ποτίζων (watering), ἕν (one) εἰσιν (are); ἕκαστος (each) δὲ (now) τὸν (the) ἴδιον (own) μισθὸν (reward) λήμψεται (will receive), κατὰ (according to) τὸν (the) ἴδιον (own) κόπον (labor).
9 Θεοῦ (Of God) γάρ (for) ἐσμεν (we are) συνεργοί (fellow workers); Θεοῦ (God’s) γεώργιον (field), Θεοῦ (God’s) οἰκοδομή (building) ἐστε (you are).
10 Κατὰ (According to) τὴν (the) χάριν (gift) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) τὴν ( ) δοθεῖσάν (having been given) μοι (to me), ὡς (as) σοφὸς (a wise) ἀρχιτέκτων (master builder) θεμέλιον (the foundation) ἔθηκα (I have laid); ἄλλος (another) δὲ (however) ἐποικοδομεῖ (is building upon it). ἕκαστος (Each one) δὲ (however) βλεπέτω (let take heed) πῶς (how) ἐποικοδομεῖ (he builds upon it).
11 θεμέλιον (Foundation) γὰρ (for) ἄλλον (another), οὐδεὶς (no one) δύναται (able) θεῖναι (to lay), παρὰ (besides) τὸν (the one) κείμενον (being already laid), ὅς (which) ἐστιν (is) Ἰς (Iulius) Χς (Chrestos).
12 Εἰ (If) δέ (now) τις (anyone) ἐποικοδομεῖ (builds) ἐπὶ (upon) τὸν (the) θεμέλιον (foundation) χρυσόν* (gold), ἄργυρον (silver), λίθους (stones) τιμίους (precious), ξύλα (wood), χόρτον (hay), καλάμην (straw),
13 ἑκάστου (of each) τὸ (the) ἔργον (work) φανερὸν (manifest) γενήσεται (will become); ἡ (the) γὰρ (for) ἡμέρα (day) δηλώσει (will disclose it), ὅτι (because) ἐν (in) πυρὶ (fire) ἀποκαλύπτεται (it is revealed); καὶ (and) ἑκάστου (of each) τὸ (the) ἔργον (work), ὁποῖόν (what sort) ἐστιν (it is), τὸ (the) πῦρ (fire) αὐτὸ (itself) δοκιμάσει (will prove).
14 εἴ (If) τινος (of anyone) τὸ (the) ἔργον (work) μενεῖ (will remain) ὃ (which) ἐποικοδόμησεν (he built up), μισθὸν (a reward) λήμψεται (he will receive).
15 εἴ (If) τινος (of anyone) τὸ (the) ἔργον (work) κατακαήσεται (will be burned up), ζημιωθήσεται (he will suffer loss); αὐτὸς (he himself) δὲ (however) σωθήσεται (will be saved), οὕτως (so) δὲ (however) ὡς (as) διὰ (through) πυρός (fire). You are God's Temple(Romans 12:1 8; 1 Corinthians 6:18 20)
16 Οὐκ (Not) οἴδατε (know you) ὅτι (that) ναὸς (temple) Θεοῦ (of God) ἐστε (you yourselves are), καὶ (and) τὸ (the) Πνεῦμα (Spirit) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) «ἐν (in) ὑμῖν» (you) ⇔ οἰκεῖ (dwells)?
17 εἴ (If) τις (anyone) τὸν (the) ναὸν (temple) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) φθείρει (destroys), φθερεῖ (will destroy) τοῦτον (him) ὁ ( ) Θεός (God); ὁ ( ) γὰρ (for) ναὸς (the temple) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) ἅγιός (holy) ἐστιν (is), οἵτινές (which) ἐστε (are) ὑμεῖς (you). Worldly Wisdom
18 Μηδεὶς (No one) ἑαυτὸν (himself) ἐξαπατάτω (let deceive); εἴ (if) τις (anyone) δοκεῖ (thinks himself) σοφὸς (wise) εἶναι (to be) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) αἰῶνι (age) τούτῳ (this), μωρὸς (foolish) γενέσθω (let him become), ἵνα (so that) γένηται (he may become) σοφός (wise).
19 ἡ (The) γὰρ (for) σοφία (wisdom) τοῦ (of the) κόσμου (world) τούτου (this), μωρία (foolishness) παρὰ (with) τῷ ( ) Θεῷ (God) ἐστιν (is). γέγραπται (It has been written) γάρ (for): “Ὁ (He is the One) δρασσόμενος (catching) τοὺς (the) σοφοὺς (wise) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) πανουργίᾳ (craftiness) αὐτῶν (of them).”a
20 καὶ (And) πάλιν (again), “Κc (Κaisar) γινώσκει (knows) τοὺς (the) διαλογισμοὺς (thoughts) τῶν (of the) σοφῶν (wise), ὅτι (that) εἰσὶν (they are) μάταιοι (futile).”b
21 Ὥστε (Therefore) μηδεὶς (no one) καυχάσθω (let boast) ἐν (in) ἀνθρώποις (men). πάντα (All things) γὰρ (for) ὑμῶν (of you) ἐστιν (are),
22 εἴτε (whether) Παῦλος (Paul), εἴτε (or) Ἀπολλῶς (Apollos), εἴτε (or) Κηφᾶς (Cephas),c εἴτε (or the) κόσμος (world), εἴτε (or) ζωὴ (life), εἴτε (or) θάνατος (death), εἴτε (or) ἐνεστῶτα (things present), εἴτε (or) μέλλοντα (things to come)— πάντα (all) ὑμῶν (yours),
23 ὑμεῖς (you) δὲ (now) Χῦ (of Chrestos), Χς (Chrestos) δὲ (now) Θεοῦ (of God).

4:1 Οὕτως (So) ἡμᾶς (us), λογιζέσθω (let regard) ἄνθρωπος (a man) ὡς (as) ὑπηρέτας (servants) Χῦ (of Chrestos) καὶ (and) οἰκονόμους (stewards) μυστηρίων (of the mysteries) Θεοῦ (of God).
2 ὧδε (In this case) λοιπὸν (moreover), ζητεῖται (it is required) ἐν (in) τοῖς (the) οἰκονόμοις (stewards), ἵνα (that) πιστός (faithful) τις (one) εὑρεθῇ (shall be found).
3 Ἐμοὶ (Me) δὲ (however) εἰς (to) ἐλάχιστόν (the smallest matter) ἐστιν (it is), ἵνα (that) ὑφ’ (by) ὑμῶν (you) ἀνακριθῶ (I be examined), ἢ (or) ὑπὸ (by) ἀνθρωπίνης (a human) ἡμέρας (court). ἀλλ’ (In fact) οὐδὲ (neither) ἐμαυτὸν (myself) ἀνακρίνω (do I examine).
4 οὐδὲν (Nothing) γὰρ (for) ἐμαυτῷ (against myself) σύνοιδα (I am conscious of), ἀλλ’ (yet) οὐκ (not) ἐν (by) τούτῳ (this) δεδικαίωμαι (have I been justified); ὁ (the One) δὲ (however) ἀνακρίνων (judging) με (me) Κc (Κaisar) ἐστιν (is).
5 Ὥστε (So then), μὴ (not) πρὸ (before the) καιροῦ (time) τι (anything) κρίνετε (judge), ἕως (until) ἂν ( ) ἔλθῃ (shall have come) ὁ (the) Κυ (Kaisar), ὃς (who) καὶ (both) φωτίσει (will bring to light) τὰ (the) κρυπτὰ (hidden things) τοῦ ( ) σκότους (of darkness), καὶ (and) φανερώσει (will make manifest) τὰς (the) βουλὰς (motives) τῶν (of the) καρδιῶν (hearts); καὶ (and) τότε (then) ὁ (the) ἔπαινος (praise) γενήσεται (will come) ἑκάστῳ (to each) ἀπὸ (from) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (God).
6 Ταῦτα (These things) δέ (now), ἀδελφοί (brothers), μετεσχημάτισα (I have applied) εἰς (to) ἐμαυτὸν (myself) καὶ (and) Ἀπολλῶν (Apollos) δι’ (on account of) ὑμᾶς (you), ἵνα (so that) ἐν (in) ἡμῖν (us) μάθητε (you may learn) τό ( ), “Μὴ (not) ὑπὲρ (beyond) ἃ (what) γέγραπται (has been written),” ἵνα (that) μὴ (not) εἷς (one) ὑπὲρ (for) τοῦ ( ) ἑνὸς (one) φυσιοῦσθε (you be puffed up) κατὰ (over) τοῦ (the) ἑτέρου (other).
7 τίς (Who) γάρ (for) σε (you) διακρίνει (makes different)? τί (What) δὲ (now) ἔχεις (have you) ὃ (which) οὐκ (not) ἔλαβες (you did receive)? εἰ (If) δὲ (now) καὶ (also) ἔλαβες (you did receive it), τί (why) καυχᾶσαι (boast you) ὡς (as) μὴ (not) λαβών (having received it)?
8 ἤδη (Already) κεκορεσμένοι (satiated) ἐστέ (you are); ἤδη (already) ἐπλουτήσατε (you have been enriched); χωρὶς (apart from) ἡμῶν (us) ἐβασιλεύσατε (you reigned), καὶ (and) ὄφελόν (I wish that) γε (really) ἐβασιλεύσατε (you did reign), ἵνα (so that) καὶ (also) ἡμεῖς (we) ὑμῖν (you) συμβασιλεύσωμεν* (might reign with).
9 δοκῶ (I think) γάρ (for), ὁ ( ) Θεὸς (God) ἡμᾶς (us) τοὺς ( ) ἀποστόλους (apostles) ἐσχάτους (last) ἀπέδειξεν (has exhibited), ὡς (as) ἐπιθανατίους (appointed to death), ὅτι (because) θέατρον (a spectacle) ἐγενήθημεν (we have become) τῷ (to the) κόσμῳ (world), καὶ (both) ἀγγέλοις (to angels) καὶ (and) ἀνθρώποις (to men).
10 Ἡμεῖς (We) μωροὶ (are fools) διὰ (on account of) Χν (Chrestos), ὑμεῖς (you) δὲ (however) φρόνιμοι (wise) ἐν (in) Χῷ (Chrestos); ἡμεῖς (we) ἀσθενεῖς (weak), ὑμεῖς (you) δὲ (however) ἰσχυροί (strong); ὑμεῖς (You) ἔνδοξοι (honored), ἡμεῖς (we) δὲ (however) ἄτιμοι (without honor).
11 ἄχρι (As far as) τῆς (the) ἄρτι (present) ὥρας (hour), καὶ (both) πεινῶμεν (we hunger) καὶ (and) διψῶμεν (thirst), καὶ (and) γυμνιτεύομεν (are poorly clad), καὶ (and) κολαφιζόμεθα (are buffeted), καὶ (and) ἀστατοῦμεν (wander homeless),
12 καὶ (and) κοπιῶμεν (we toil), ἐργαζόμενοι (working) ταῖς (with our) ἰδίαις (own) χερσίν (hands). λοιδορούμενοι (Being reviled), εὐλογοῦμεν (we bless); διωκόμενοι (being persecuted), ἀνεχόμεθα (we endure);
13 δυσφημούμενοι (being slandered), παρακαλοῦμεν (we entreat). ὡς (As) περικαθάρματα (the scum) τοῦ (of the) κόσμου (earth) ἐγενήθημεν (we have become), πάντων (of all the) περίψημα (refuse), ἕως (until) ἄρτι (now). Paul's Warns his Children
14 Οὐκ (Not) ἐντρέπων (shaming) ὑμᾶς (you) γράφω (do I write) ταῦτα (these things), ἀλλ’ (but) ὡς (as) τέκνα (children) μου (my) ἀγαπητὰ (beloved), νουθετῶν (admonishing you).
15 ἐὰν (If) γὰρ (for) μυρίους (ten thousand) παιδαγωγοὺς (guardians) ἔχητε (you should have) ἐν (in) Χῷ (Chrestos), ἀλλ’ (yet) οὐ (not) πολλοὺς (many) πατέρας (fathers); ἐν (in) γὰρ (for) Χῷ (Chrestos) Ἰῦ (Iulius), διὰ (through) τοῦ (the) εὐαγγελίου (gospel), ἐγὼ (I) ὑμᾶς (you) ἐγέννησα (have begotten).
16 παρακαλῶ (I exhort) οὖν (therefore) ὑμᾶς (you), μιμηταί (imitators) μου (of me) γίνεσθε (become).
17 Διὰ (On account of) τοῦτο (this) 〈αὐτὸ〉 (it is) ἔπεμψα (I sent) ὑμῖν (to you) Τιμόθεον (Timothy), ὅς (who) ἐστίν (is) μου (my) τέκνον (child), ἀγαπητὸν (beloved) καὶ (and) πιστὸν (faithful) ἐν (in the) Κῳ (Kaisar), ὃς (who) ὑμᾶς (you) ἀναμνήσει (will remind of) τὰς (the) ὁδούς (ways) μου (of me) τὰς (that are) ἐν (in) Χῷ (Chrestos) Ἰῦ (Iulius),a καθὼς (as) πανταχοῦ (everywhere) ἐν (in) πάσῃ (every) ἐκκλησίᾳ (assembly) διδάσκω (I teach).
18 Ὡς (As to) μὴ (not) ἐρχομένου (coming) δέ (now) μου (of me) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you), ἐφυσιώθησάν (have become puffed up) τινες (some).
19 ἐλεύσομαι (I will come) δὲ (however) ταχέως (shortly) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you), ἐὰν (if) ὁ (the) Κc (Κaisar) θελήσῃ (wills), καὶ (and) γνώσομαι (I will find out) οὐ (not) τὸν (the) λόγον (talk) τῶν (of those) πεφυσιωμένων (being puffed up), ἀλλὰ (but) τὴν (the) δύναμιν (power).
20 οὐ (Not) γὰρ (for) ἐν (in) λόγῳ (word) ἡ (the) βασιλεία (kingdom) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God is), ἀλλ’ (but) ἐν (in) δυνάμει (power).
21 τί (What) θέλετε (desire you)? ἐν (With) ῥάβδῳ (a rod) ἔλθω (I should come) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you), ἢ (or) ἐν (in) ἀγάπῃ (love), πνεύματί (a spirit) τε (then) πραΰτητος (of gentleness)?

*POSSIBLE END OF A LETTER 1:1 – 4:21

5:1 Ὅλως (Actually) ἀκούεται (is reported) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) πορνεία (sexual immorality), καὶ (and) τοιαύτη (such) πορνεία (sexual immorality) ἥτις (as) οὐδὲ (not even) ἐν (among) τοῖς (the) ἔθνεσιν (pagans), ὥστε (so as for) γυναῖκά (the wife) τινα (one) τοῦ (of the) πατρὸς (father) ἔχειν (to have).
2 καὶ (And) ὑμεῖς (you) πεφυσιωμένοι (puffed up) ἐστέ (are), καὶ (and) οὐχὶ (not) μᾶλλον (rather) ἐπενθήσατε (have mourned), ἵνα (so that) ἀρθῇ (might be taken) ἐκ (out of) μέσου (midst) ὑμῶν (of you) ὁ (the one) τὸ (the) ἔργον (deed) τοῦτο (this) πράξας (having done)!
3 Ἐγὼ (I) μὲν (indeed), γάρ (though) ἀπὼν (being absent) τῷ ( ) σώματι (in body), παρὼν (being present) δὲ (now) τῷ ( ) πνεύματι (in spirit), ἤδη (already) κέκρικα (have judged) ὡς (as) παρὼν (being present) τὸν (the one) οὕτως (so) τοῦτο (this) κατεργασάμενον (having produced),
4 ἐν (in) τῷ (the) ὀνόματι (name) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Κaisar) ‹ἡμῶν› (our) Ἰu (Iulius) συναχθέντων (having been gathered together) ὑμῶν (you), καὶ (and) τοῦ ( ) ἐμοῦ (of me) πνεύματος (in spirit), σὺν (with) τῇ (the) δυνάμει (power) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Κaisar) ἡμῶν (of us) Ἰu (Iulius),
5 παραδοῦναι (to deliver) τὸν ( ) τοιοῦτον (such a one) τῷ ( ) Σατανᾷ (to Satan) εἰς (for) ὄλεθρον (destruction) τῆς (of the) σαρκός (flesh), ἵνα (so that) τὸ (the) πνεῦμα (spirit) σωθῇ (may be saved) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) ἡμέρᾳ (day) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Κaisar).a
6 Οὐ (Not) καλὸν (good is) τὸ (the) καύχημα (boasting) ὑμῶν (of you). οὐκ (Not) οἴδατε (know you) ὅτι (that) μικρὰ (a little) ζύμη (leaven) ὅλον (all) τὸ (the) φύραμα (lump) ζυμοῖ (leavens)?
7 ἐκκαθάρατε (Cleanse out) τὴν (the) παλαιὰν (old) ζύμην (leaven), ἵνα (that) ἦτε (you may be) νέον (a new) φύραμα (lump), καθώς (as) ἐστε (you are), ἄζυμοι (unleavened). καὶ (Also) γὰρ (for) τὸ (the) πάσχα (Passover lamb) ἡμῶν (of us) ἐτύθη (has been sacrificed), Χς (Chrestos),
8 ὥστε (so that) ἑορτάζωμεν (we might celebrate the feast), μὴ (not) ἐν (with) ζύμῃ (leaven) παλαιᾷ (old), μηδὲ (not) ἐν (with) ζύμῃ (leaven) κακίας (of malice) καὶ (and) πονηρίας (wickedness), ἀλλ’ (but) ἐν (with) ἀζύμοις (unleavened bread) εἰλικρινείας (of sincerity) καὶ (and) ἀληθείας (of truth). Expel the Immoral Brother
9 Ἔγραψα (I wrote) ὑμῖν (to you) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) ἐπιστολῇ (letter) μὴ (not) συναναμίγνυσθαι (to associate with) πόρνοις (the sexually immoral),
10 οὐ (not) πάντως (altogether) τοῖς (with the) πόρνοις (sexually immoral) τοῦ (the) κόσμου (world) τούτου (of this), ἢ (or) τοῖς (with the) πλεονέκταις (covetous) καὶ (and) ἅρπαξιν (swindlers), ἢ (or) εἰδωλολάτραις (idolaters) — ἐπεὶ (since) ὠφείλετε (you would need) ἄρα (then) ἐκ (from) τοῦ (the) κόσμου (world) ἐξελθεῖν (to depart).
11 νῦν (Now) δὲ (however), ἔγραψα (I wrote) ὑμῖν (to you) μὴ (not) συναναμίγνυσθαι (to associate with him) ἐάν (if) τις (anyone) ἀδελφὸς (a brother) ὀνομαζόμενος (being designated), ᾖ (he is) πόρνος (sexually immoral) ἢ (or) πλεονέκτης (a coveter), ἢ (or) εἰδωλολάτρης (an idolater) ἢ (or) λοίδορος (verbal abuser), ἢ (or) μέθυσος (a drunkard), ἢ (or) ἅρπαξ (swindler) — τῷ (with) τοιούτῳ (such a one) μηδὲ (not even) συνεσθίειν (to eat).
12 Τί (What) γάρ (for) μοι (is it to me) τοὺς (those) ἔξω (outside) κρίνειν (to judge)? οὐχὶ (Not) τοὺς (those) ἔσω (within) ὑμεῖς (you) κρίνετε (do judge)?
13 τοὺς (Those) δὲ (however) ἔξω (outside) ὁ ( ) Θεὸς (God) κρίνει (will judge). “Ἐξάρατε (Expel) τὸν (the) πονηρὸν (evil) ἐξ (out from) ὑμῶν (yourselves) αὐτῶν (that)

6:1 Τολμᾷ (Dare) τις (anyone) ὑμῶν (of you), πρᾶγμα (a matter) ἔχων (having) πρὸς (against) τὸν (the) ἕτερον (other), κρίνεσθαι (go to law) ἐπὶ (before) τῶν (the) ἀδίκων (unrighteous), καὶ (and) οὐχὶ (not) ἐπὶ (before) τῶν (the) ἁγίων (saints)?
2 ἢ (Or) οὐκ (not) οἴδατε (know you) ὅτι (that) οἱ (the) ἅγιοι (saints) τὸν (the) κόσμον (world) κρινοῦσιν (will judge)? καὶ (And) εἰ (if) ἐν (by) ὑμῖν (you) κρίνεται (is to be judged) ὁ (the) κόσμος (world), ἀνάξιοί (unworthy) ἐστε (are you) κριτηρίων (of cases) ἐλαχίστων (of the smallest)?
3 οὐκ (Not) οἴδατε (know you) ὅτι (that) ἀγγέλους (angels) κρινοῦμεν (we will judge)? μήτιγε (How much more) βιωτικά (the things of this life)?
4 Βιωτικὰ (The things of this life) μὲν (indeed) οὖν (so), κριτήρια (judgment as to) ἐὰν (if) ἔχητε (you have), τοὺς (the ones) ἐξουθενημένους (being despised) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) ἐκκλησίᾳ (assembly), τούτους (those) καθίζετε (set you up)!
5 πρὸς (For) ἐντροπὴν (shame) ὑμῖν (to you) λέγω (I say this). οὕτως (Thus) οὐBA (not) ἔνι (is there) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) οὐδεὶς (no one), σοφὸς (a wise man), ὃς (who) δυνήσεται (will be able) διακρῖναι (to decide) ἀνὰ (in) μέσον (between) τοῦ (the) ἀδελφοῦ (brother) αὐτοῦ (of him)?
6 ἀλλὰ (Instead), ἀδελφὸς (brother) μετὰ (against) ἀδελφοῦ (brother) κρίνεται (goes to law), καὶ (and) τοῦτο (this) ἐπὶ (before) ἀπίστων (unbelievers)!
7 ἤδη (Already) μὲν (indeed) οὖν (therefore) ὅλως (altogether) ἥττημα (a defeat) ὑμῖν (for you) ἐστιν (it is), ὅτι (that) κρίματα (lawsuits) ἔχετε (you have) μεθ’ (among) ἑαυτῶν (one another). διὰ (Because of) τί (why) οὐχὶ (not) μᾶλλον (rather) ἀδικεῖσθε (suffer wrong)? διὰ (Because of) τί (why) οὐχὶ (not) μᾶλλον (rather) ἀποστερεῖσθε (be defrauded)?
8 ἀλλὰ (But) ὑμεῖς (you) ἀδικεῖτε (do wrong) καὶ (and) ἀποστερεῖτε (defraud), καὶ (and) τοῦτο (these things) ἀδελφούς (to brothers)!
9 Ἢ (Or) οὐκ (not) οἴδατε (know you) ὅτι (that) ἄδικοι (the unrighteous ones) Θεοῦ (of God) βασιλείαν (the kingdom) οὐ (not) κληρονομήσουσιν (will inherit)? μὴ (Not) πλανᾶσθε (be deceived): οὔτε (neither) πόρνοι (the sexually immoral), οὔτε (nor) εἰδωλολάτραι (idolaters), οὔτε (nor) μοιχοὶ (adulterers), οὔτε (nor) μαλακοὶ (effeminate), οὔτε (nor) ἀρσενοκοῖται (homosexuals),
10 οὔτε (nor) κλέπται (thieves), οὔτε (nor) πλεονέκται (coveters), οὐ (not) μέθυσοι (drunkards), οὐ (nor) λοίδοροι (verbal abusers), οὐχ (nor) ἅρπαγες (swindlers), βασιλείαν (the kingdom) Θεοῦ (of God) κληρονομήσουσιν (will inherit).
11 καὶ (And) ταῦτά (such) τινες (some of) ἦτε (you were); ἀλλὰ (but) ἀπελούσασθε (you were washed), ἀλλὰ (but) ἡγιάσθητε (you were sanctified), ἀλλὰ (but) ἐδικαιώθητε (you were justified), ἐν (in) τῷ (the) ὀνόματι (name) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Kaisar) Ἰῦ (Iulius) Χῦ (Chrestos) καὶ (and) ἐν (by) τῷ (the) Πνεύματι (Spirit) τοῦ (of the) Θεοῦ (God) ἡμῶν (of us).

*POSSIBLE END OF A LETTER 5:1 – 6:11

12 “Πάντα (All things) μοι (to me) ἔξεστιν (are lawful),” ἀλλ’ (but) οὐ (not) πάντα (all things) συμφέρει (do profit). “Πάντα (All things) μοι (to me) ἔξεστιν (are lawful),” ἀλλ’ (but) οὐκ (not) ἐγὼ (I) ἐξουσιασθήσομαι (will be mastered) ὑπό (by) τινος (anything).
13 “Τὰ (The) βρώματα (foods) τῇ (for the) κοιλίᾳ (belly) καὶ (and) ἡ (the) κοιλία (belly) τοῖς (the) βρώμασιν (for foods),” ὁ ( ) δὲ (but) Θεὸς (God) καὶ (both) ταύτην (this) καὶ (and) ταῦτα (these) καταργήσει (will destroy); τὸ ( ) δὲ (and) σῶμα (the body is) οὐ (not) τῇ ( ) πορνείᾳ (for sexual immorality), ἀλλὰ (but) τῷ (for the) Κw (Κaisar), καὶ (and) ὁ (the) Κc (Κaisar) τῷ (for the) σώματι (body).
14 ὁ ( ) δὲ (And) Θεὸς (God) καὶ (both) τὸν (the) Κv (Κaisar) ἤγειρεν (has raised up), καὶ (and) ἡμᾶς (us) ἐξεγερεῖ (will raise out), διὰ (by) τῆς (the) δυνάμεως (power) αὐτοῦ (of Him).
15 Οὐκ (Not) οἴδατε (know you) ὅτι (that) τὰ (the) σώματα (bodies) ὑμῶν (of you) μέλη (members) Χῦ (of Chrestos) ἐστιν (are)? ἄρας (Having taken) οὖν (then) τὰ (the) μέλη (members) τοῦ (of the) Χῦ (Chrestos), ποιήσω (shall I make) πόρνης (them of a prostitute) μέλη (members)? μὴ (Never) γένοιτο (may it be)!
16 ἢ (Or) οὐκ (not) οἴδατε (know you) ὅτι (that) ὁ (the one) κολλώμενος (being joined) τῇ (to the) πόρνῃ (prostitute), ἓν (one) σῶμά (body) ἐστιν (is)? “Ἔσονται (Will become),” γάρ (for) φησίν (it says), “Οἱ (the) δύο (two) εἰς (into) σάρκα (flesh) μίαν (one).”a
17 ὁ (The one) δὲ (however) κολλώμενος (being joined) τῷ (to the) Κw (Κaisar), ἓν (one) πνεῦμά (spirit) ἐστιν (is). The Temple of the Holy Spirit(Romans 12:1 8; 1 Corinthians 3:16 18)
18 Φεύγετε (Flee) τὴν ( ) πορνείαν (sexual immorality). πᾶν (Every) ἁμάρτημα (sin), ὃ (whatever) ἐὰν (if) ποιήσῃ (might do) ἄνθρωπος (a man), ἐκτὸς (outside) τοῦ (the) σώματός (body) ἐστιν (is); ὁ (the one) δὲ (however) πορνεύων (sinning sexually), εἰς (against) τὸ (the) ἴδιον (own) σῶμα (body) ἁμαρτάνει (sins).
19 ἢ (Or) οὐκ (not) οἴδατε (know you) ὅτι (that) τὸ (the) σῶμα (body) ὑμῶν (of you) ναὸς (a temple) τοῦ (of the) ἐν (in) ὑμῖν (you) Ἁγίου (Holy) Πνεύματός (Spirit) ἐστιν (is), οὗ (whom) ἔχετε (you have) ἀπὸ (from) Θεοῦ (God)? καὶ (And) οὐκ (not) ἐστὲ (you are) ἑαυτῶν (your own),
20 ἠγοράσθητε (you were bought) γὰρ (for) τιμῆς (with a price); δοξάσατε (glorify) δὴ (therefore) τὸν ( ) Θεὸν (God) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) σώματι (body) ὑμῶν (of you).

7:1 Περὶ (Concerning) δὲ (now) ὧν (the things about which) ἐγράψατε (you wrote): καλὸν (It is good) ἀνθρώπῳ (for a man) γυναικὸς (a woman) μὴ (not) ἅπτεσθαι (to touch).
2 διὰ (Because of) δὲ (however) τὰς ( ) πορνείας (sexual immorality), ἕκαστος (each man) τὴν (the own) ἑαυτοῦ (of him) γυναῖκα (wife) ἐχέτω (let have), καὶ (and) ἑκάστη (each woman) τὸν (the) ἴδιον (own) ἄνδρα (husband) ἐχέτω (let have).
3 Τῇ (To the) γυναικὶ (wife), ὁ (the) ἀνὴρ (husband) τὴν (the) ὀφειλὴν (duty) ἀποδιδότω (let fulfill); ὁμοίως (likewise) δὲ (now) καὶ (also), ἡ (the) γυνὴ (wife) τῷ (to the) ἀνδρί (husband).
4 ἡ (The) γυνὴ (wife), τοῦ (the) ἰδίου (own) σώματος (body) οὐκ (not) ἐξουσιάζει (has authority over), ἀλλὰ (but) ὁ (the) ἀνήρ (husband); ὁμοίως (likewise) δὲ (now), καὶ (also) ὁ (the) ἀνὴρ (husband) τοῦ (of the) ἰδίου (own) σώματος (body) οὐκ (not) ἐξουσιάζει (has authority over), ἀλλὰ (but) ἡ (the) γυνή (wife).
5 Μὴ (Not) ἀποστερεῖτε (deprive) ἀλλήλους (one another), εἰ (if) μήτι (not) ἂν ( ) ἐκ (by) συμφώνου (mutual agreement), πρὸς (for) καιρὸν (a time), ἵνα (that) σχολάσητε (you might be at leisure) τῇ ( ) προσευχῇ (for prayer); καὶ (and) πάλιν (again), ἐπὶ (together) τὸ (the) αὐτὸ (same) ἦτε (be), ἵνα (so that) μὴ (not) πειράζῃ (may tempt) ὑμᾶς (you) ὁ ( ) Σατανᾶς (Satan), διὰ (through) τὴν (the) ἀκρασίαν (lack of self control) ὑμῶν (of you).
6 τοῦτο (This) δὲ (now) λέγω (I say) κατὰ (by way of) συνγνώμην (concession), οὐ (not) κατ’ (by way of) ἐπιταγήν (command).
7 θέλω (I wish) δὲ (now) πάντας (all) ἀνθρώπους (men) εἶναι (to be) ὡς (like) καὶ (even) ἐμαυτόν (myself). ἀλλὰ (But) ἕκαστος (each) ἴδιον (his own) ἔχει (has) χάρισμα (gift) ἐκ (from) Θεοῦ (God); ὁ (one has) μὲν (indeed) οὕτως (this), ὁ (one) δὲ (however) οὕτως (that).
8 Λέγω (I say) δὲ (now) τοῖς (to the) ἀγάμοις (unmarried) καὶ (and) ταῖς (to the) χήραις (widows), καλὸν (it is good) αὐτοῖς (for them) ἐὰν (if) μείνωσιν (they should remain) ὡς (as) κἀγώ (even I).
9 εἰ (If) δὲ (however) οὐκ (not) ἐγκρατεύονται (they have self control), γαμησάτωσαν (let them marry); κρεῖττον (better) γάρ (for) ἐστιν (it is) γαμῆσαι* (to marry) ἢ (than) πυροῦσθαι (to burn with passion).
10 Τοῖς (To those) δὲ (now) γεγαμηκόσιν (having married) παραγγέλλω (I give this charge)— οὐκ (not) ἐγὼ (I), ἀλλὰ (but) ὁ (the) Κc (Κaisar)— γυναῖκα (A wife) ἀπὸ (from) ἀνδρὸς (a husband) μὴ (not) χωρισθῆναι (is to be separated);
11 ἐὰν (if) δὲ (however) καὶ (indeed) χωρισθῇ (she is separated), μενέτω (let her remain) ἄγαμος (unmarried), ἢ (or) τῷ (to the) ἀνδρὶ (husband) καταλλαγήτω (be reconciled); καὶ (and) ἄνδρα (a husband) γυναῖκα (a wife) μὴ (not) ἀφιέναι (is to send away).
12 Τοῖς (To the) δὲ (now) λοιποῖς (rest) λέγω (I say)— ἐγώ (I) οὐχ (not) ὁ (the) Κc (Κaisar): εἴ (If) τις (any) ἀδελφὸς (brother) γυναῖκα (a wife) ἔχει (has) ἄπιστον (unbelieving), καὶ (and) αὕτη (she) συνευδοκεῖ (consents) οἰκεῖν (to dwell) μετ’ (with) αὐτοῦ (him), μὴ (not) ἀφιέτω (let him divorce) αὐτήν (her).
13 καὶ (And) γυνὴ (a woman) ‹εἴ (if) τις› (any) ἔχει (has) ἄνδρα (a husband) ἄπιστον (unbelieving), καὶ (and) οὗτος (he) συνευδοκεῖ (consents) οἰκεῖν (to dwell) μετ’ (with) αὐτῆς (her), μὴ (not) ἀφιέτω (let her divorce) τὸν (the) ἄνδρα (husband).
14 ἡγίασται (Is sanctified) γὰρ (for) ὁ (the) ἀνὴρ (husband) ὁ ( ) ἄπιστος (unbelieving), ἐν (in) τῇ (the) γυναικί (wife); καὶ (and) ἡγίασται (is sanctified) ἡ (the) γυνὴ (wife) ἡ ( ) ἄπιστος (unbelieving), ἐν (in) τῷ (the) ἀδελφῷ (husband); ἐπεὶ (else) ἄρα (then) τὰ (the) τέκνα (children) ὑμῶν (of you) ἀκάθαρτά (unclean) ἐστιν (are); νῦν (now) δὲ (however) ἅγιά (holy) ἐστιν (they are).
15 Εἰ (If) δὲ (however) ὁ (the) ἄπιστος (unbeliever) χωρίζεται (separates himself), χωριζέσθω (let him separate himself); οὐ (not) δεδούλωται (is under bondage) ὁ (the) ἀδελφὸς (brother) ἢ (or) ἡ (the) ἀδελφὴ (sister) ἐν (in) τοῖς ( ) τοιούτοις (such cases). ἐν (Into) δὲ (however) εἰρήνῃ (peace) κέκληκεν (has called) ὑμᾶς* (you)a ὁ ( ) Θεός (God).
16 τί (How) γὰρ (for) οἶδας (know you), γύναι (wife), εἰ (if) τὸν (the) ἄνδρα (husband) σώσεις (you will save)? ἢ (Or) τί (how) οἶδας (know you), ἄνερ (husband), εἰ (if) τὴν (the) γυναῖκα (wife) σώσεις (you will save)? Live Your Calling
17 Εἰ (If) μὴ (not) ἑκάστῳ (to each), ὡς (as) ἐμέρισεν* (has assigned) ὁ (the) Κc (Κaisar), ἕκαστον (to each) ὡς (as) κέκληκεν (has called) ὁ ( ) Θεός (God), οὕτως (so) περιπατείτω (let him walk). καὶ (And) οὕτως (thus) ἐν (in) ταῖς (the) ἐκκλησίαις (assemblies) πάσαις (all) διατάσσομαι (I prescribe).
18 περιτετμημένος (Having been circumcised) τις (anyone) ἐκλήθη (was called)? μὴ (Not) ἐπισπάσθω (let him be uncircumcised). ἐν (In) ἀκροβυστίᾳ (uncircumcision) κέκληταί (was called) τις (anyone)? μὴ (Not) περιτεμνέσθω (let Him be circumcised).
19 ἡ ( ) περιτομὴ (Circumcision) οὐδέν (nothing) ἐστιν (is), καὶ (and) ἡ ( ) ἀκροβυστία (uncircumcision) οὐδέν (nothing) ἐστιν (is), ἀλλὰ (but) τήρησις (keeping) ἐντολῶν (the commandments) Θεοῦ (of God).
20 Ἕκαστος (Each) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) κλήσει (calling) ᾗ (in which) ἐκλήθη (he has been called), ἐν (in) ταύτῃ (this) μενέτω (let him abide).
21 δοῦλος (Slave being) ἐκλήθης (were you called), μή (not) σοι (to you) μελέτω (let it be a care); ἀλλ’ (but) εἰ (if) καὶ (also) δύνασαι (you are able) ἐλεύθερος (free) γενέσθαι (to become), μᾶλλον (rather) χρῆσαι (take advantage).
22 ὁ (The one) γὰρ (for) ἐν (in) Κῳ (the Kaisar) κληθεὶς (having been called) δοῦλος (being a slave), ἀπελεύθερος (a freedman) Κυ (of the Kaisar) ἐστίν (is); ὁμοίως (likewise) ὁ (the one) ἐλεύθερος (free) κληθεὶς (having been called), δοῦλός (a slave) ἐστιν (is) Χῦ (of Chrestos).
23 Τιμῆς (With a price) ἠγοράσθητε (you were bought); μὴ (not) γίνεσθε (become) δοῦλοι (slaves) ἀνθρώπων (of men).
24 ἕκαστος (Each) ἐν (wherein) ᾧ (that) ἐκλήθη (he was called), ἀδελφοί (brothers), ἐν (in) τούτῳ (that) μενέτω (let him abide) παρὰ (with) Θεῷ (God). The Unmarried and Widowed
25 Περὶ (Concerning) δὲ (now) τῶν (the) παρθένων (virgins), ἐπιταγὴν (a commandment) Κυ (of the Κaisar) οὐκ (not) ἔχω (I have); γνώμην (judgment) δὲ (however) δίδωμι (I give), ὡς (as) ἠλεημένος (having received mercy) ὑπὸ (from) Κυ (the Κaisar), πιστὸς (trustworthy) εἶναι (to be).
26 Νομίζω (I think) οὖν (therefore) τοῦτο (this) καλὸν (good) ὑπάρχειν (is), διὰ (because of) τὴν (the) ἐνεστῶσαν (present)b ἀνάγκην (necessity), ὅτι (that) καλὸν (it is good) ἀνθρώπῳ (for a man) τὸ ( ) οὕτως (in the same manner) εἶναι (to remain).
27 δέδεσαι (Have you been bound) γυναικί (to a wife)? μὴ (Not) ζήτει (seek) λύσιν (to be loosed). λέλυσαι (Have you been loosed) ἀπὸ (from) γυναικός (a wife)? μὴ (Not) ζήτει (seek) γυναῖκα (a wife).
28 ἐὰν (If) δὲ (however) καὶ (also) γαμήσῃς (you shall have married), οὐχ (not) ἥμαρτες (you did sin); καὶ (and) ἐὰν (if) γήμῃ (shall have married) ἡ (the) παρθένος (virgin), οὐχ (not) ἥμαρτεν (she did sin); θλῖψιν (tribulation) δὲ (however) τῇ (in the) σαρκὶ (flesh) ἕξουσιν (will have) οἱ ( ) τοιοῦτοι (such); ἐγὼ (I) δὲ (now) ὑμῶν (you) φείδομαι (am sparing).
29 Τοῦτο (This) δέ (now) φημι (I say), ἀδελφοί (brothers): ὁ (The) καιρὸς (season) συνεσταλμένος (shortened) ἐστίν (is). τὸ ( ) λοιπὸν (From now on) ἵνα (that) καὶ (both) οἱ (those) ἔχοντες (having) γυναῖκας (wives), ὡς (as) μὴ (none) ἔχοντες (having) ὦσιν (should be);
30 καὶ (and) οἱ (those) κλαίοντες (weeping), ὡς (as) μὴ (not) κλαίοντες (weeping); καὶ (and) οἱ (those) χαίροντες (rejoicing), ὡς (as) μὴ (not) χαίροντες (rejoicing); καὶ (and) οἱ (those) ἀγοράζοντες (buying), ὡς (as) μὴ (not) κατέχοντες (possessing);
31 καὶ (and) οἱ (those) χρώμενοι (using) τὸν (the) κόσμον (world), ὡς (as) μὴ (not) καταχρώμενοι (using it as their own). παράγει (Is passing away) γὰρ (for) τὸ (the) σχῆμα (present form) τοῦ (of the) κόσμου (world) τούτου (this).
32 Θέλω (I desire) δὲ (now) ὑμᾶς (you) ἀμερίμνους (without concern) εἶναι (to be). ὁ (The) ἄγαμος (unmarried man) μεριμνᾷ (cares for) τὰ (the things) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Κaisar), πῶς (how) ἀρέσῃ (he should please) τῷ (the) Κw (Κaisar);
33 ὁ (the one) δὲ (however) γαμήσας (having been married), μεριμνᾷ (cares for) τὰ (the things) τοῦ (of the) κόσμου (world), πῶς (how) ἀρέσῃ (he should please) τῇ (the) γυναικί (wife),
34 καὶ (and) μεμέρισται (is divided). καὶ (And) ἡ (the) γυνὴ (woman) ἡ ( ) ἄγαμος (unmarried) καὶ (and) ἡ ( ) παρθένος (virgin), μεριμνᾷ (cares for) τὰ (the things) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Κaisar), ἵνα (that) ᾖ (she should be) ἁγία (holy) καὶ (both) τῷ (in) σώματι (body) καὶ (and) τῷ (in) πνεύματι (spirit); ἡ (the one) δὲ (however) γαμήσασα (having been married), μεριμνᾷ (cares for) τὰ (the things) τοῦ (of the) κόσμου (world), πῶς (how) ἀρέσῃ (she should please) τῷ (the) ἀνδρί (husband).
35 Τοῦτο (This) δὲ (now) πρὸς (for) τὸ (the) ὑμῶν (of you) αὐτῶν (yourselves) σύμφορον (benefit) λέγω (I say), οὐχ (not) ἵνα (that) βρόχον (a restraint) ὑμῖν (you) ἐπιβάλω (I might place upon), ἀλλὰ (but) πρὸς (for) τὸ (what) εὔσχημον (is seemly) καὶ (and) εὐπάρεδρον (devoted) τῷ (to the) Κw (Κaisar), ἀπερισπάστως (without distraction).
36 Εἰ (If) δέ (however) τις (anyone) ἀσχημονεῖν (to be behaving improperly) ἐπὶ (to) τὴν (the) παρθένον (virgin) αὐτοῦ (of him) νομίζει (supposes), ἐὰν (if) ᾖ (she is) ὑπέρακμος (beyond youth), καὶ (and) οὕτως (so) ὀφείλει (it ought) γίνεσθαι (to be), ὃ (what) θέλει (he wills) ποιείτω (let him do); οὐχ (not) ἁμαρτάνει (he does sin); γαμείτωσαν (let them marry).
37 ὃς (He who) δὲ (however) ἕστηκεν (stands) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) καρδίᾳ (heart) αὐτοῦ (of him) ἑδραῖος (firm), μὴ (not) ἔχων (having) ἀνάγκην (necessity), ἐξουσίαν (authority) δὲ (however) ἔχει (having) περὶ (over) τοῦ (the) ἰδίου (own) θελήματος (will), καὶ (and) τοῦτο (this) κέκρικεν (has judged), ἐν (in) τῇ (the) ἰδίᾳ (own) καρδίᾳ (heart), τηρεῖν (to keep) τὴν ( ) ἑαυτοῦ (the) παρθένον (virgin), καλῶς (well) ποιήσει (he will do).
38 Ὥστε (So then) καὶ (also), ὁ (the one) γαμίζων (marrying) τὴν (the) ἑαυτοῦ (own) ⇔ παρθένον (virgin), καλῶς (well) ποιεῖ (does); καὶ (and) ὁ (the one) μὴ (not) γαμίζων (marrying), κρεῖσσον (better) ποιήσει (will do).
39 Γυνὴ (A wife) δέδεται (is bound) ἐφ’ (for) ὅσον (as long as) χρόνον (time) ζῇ (may live) ὁ (the) ἀνὴρ (husband) αὐτῆς (of her); ἐὰν (if) δὲ (however) κοιμηθῇ (shall have died) ὁ (the) ἀνήρ (husband), ἐλευθέρα (free) ἐστὶν (she is) ᾧ (to whom) θέλει (she wills) γαμηθῆναι (to be married), μόνον (only) ἐν (in) Κw (Κaisar).
40 μακαριωτέρα (More blessed) δέ (however) ἐστιν (she is), ἐὰν (if) οὕτως (in the same manner) μείνῃ (she should remain), κατὰ (according to) τὴν ( ) ἐμὴν (my) γνώμην (judgment); δοκῶ (I think) δὲ (now) κἀγὼ (myself also) Πνεῦμα (the Spirit) Θεοῦ (of God) ἔχειν (to have).

8:1 Περὶ (Concerning) δὲ (now) τῶν (the things) εἰδωλοθύτων (sacrificed to idols), οἴδαμεν (we know) ὅτι (indeed) πάντες (all) γνῶσιν (knowledge) ἔχομεν (we have). ἡ ( ) γνῶσις (Knowledge) φυσιοῖ (puffs up), ἡ ( ) δὲ (but) ἀγάπη (love) οἰκοδομεῖ (builds up).
2 εἴ (If) τις (anyone) δοκεῖ (thinks) ἐγνωκέναι (to have known) τι (anything), οὔπω (not yet) ἔγνω (does he know) καθὼς (as) δεῖ (it is necessary) γνῶναι (to know).
3 εἰ (If) δέ (however) τις (anyone) ἀγαπᾷ (loves) τὸν ( ) Θεόν (God), οὗτος (he) ἔγνωσται (is known) ὑπ’ (by) αὐτοῦ (Him).
4 Περὶ (Concerning) τῆς (the) βρώσεως (eating) οὖν (therefore) τῶν (of the) εἰδωλοθύτων (things sacrificed to idols), οἴδαμεν (we know) ὅτι (that) οὐδὲν (nothing) εἴδωλον (an idol) ἐν (is in) κόσμῳ (the world), καὶ (and) ὅτι (that there is) οὐδεὶς (no) Θεὸς (God), εἰ (if) μὴ (not) εἷς (one).
5 καὶ (Even) γὰρ (truly) εἴπερ (if indeed) εἰσὶν (there are) λεγόμενοι (those called) θεοὶ (gods), εἴτε (whether) ἐν (in) οὐρανῷ (heaven) εἴτε (or) ἐπὶ (on) γῆς (earth), ὥσπερ (as) εἰσὶν (there are) θεοὶ (gods) πολλοὶ (many), καὶ (and) Κυ (Κaisars) πολλοί (many),
6 ἀλλ’ (yet) ἡμῖν (to us) εἷς (there is one) Θεὸς (God), ὁ (the) Πατήρ (Father), ἐξ (of) οὗ (whom are) τὰ (the things) πάντα (all), καὶ (and) ἡμεῖς (we) εἰς (for) αὐτόν (Him); καὶ (and) εἷς (one) Κc (Κaisar), Ἰς (Iulius) Χc (Chrestos), δι’ (by) οὗ (whom are) τὰ (the things) πάντα (all), καὶ (and) ἡμεῖς (we) δι’ (through) αὐτοῦ (Him).
7 Ἀλλ’ (But) οὐκ (not) ἐν (in) πᾶσιν (all is) ἡ (this) γνῶσις (knowledge). τινὲς (Some) δὲ (now), τῇ ( ) συνηθείᾳ (by habit) ἕως (until) ἄρτι (now), τοῦ (of the) εἰδώλου (idol) ὡς (as of) εἰδωλόθυτον (a thing sacrificed to an idol) ἐσθίουσιν (eat); καὶ (and) ἡ (the) συνείδησις (conscience) αὐτῶν (of them) ἀσθενὴς (weak) οὖσα (being), μολύνεται (it is defiled).
8 βρῶμα (Food) δὲ (however) ἡμᾶς (us) οὐ (not) παραστήσει (will commend) τῷ (to) Θεῷ (God); οὔτε (neither) ἐὰν (if) μὴ (not) φάγωμεν (we should eat) ὑστερούμεθα (do we come short), οὔτε (nor) ἐὰν (if) ‹μὴ› (not) φάγωμεν (we should eat) περισσεύομεν (have we an advantage).
9 Βλέπετε (Be careful) δὲ (however), μή (lest) πως (somehow) ἡ (the) ἐξουσία (right) ὑμῶν (of you) αὕτη (this) πρόσκομμα (an occasion of stumbling) γένηται (becomes) τοῖς (to those) ἀσθενέσιν (being weak).
10 ἐὰν (If) γάρ (for) τις (anyone) ἴδῃ (sees) σὲ (you), τὸν ( ) ἔχοντα (having) γνῶσιν (knowledge), ἐν (in) εἰδωλείῳ (an idol’s temple) κατακείμενον (eating), οὐχὶ (not) ἡ (the) συνείδησις (conscience) αὐτοῦ (of him) ἀσθενοῦς (weak) ὄντος (being), οἰκοδομηθήσεται (will be built up), εἰς (so as) τὸ (the) τὰ (things) εἰδωλόθυτα (sacrificed to idols) ἐσθίειν (to eat)?
11 ἀπόλλυται (is destroyed) γὰρ (for) ὁ (the one) ἀσθενῶν (being weak) ἐν (through) τῇ ( ) σῇ (your) γνώσει (knowledge), ὁ (the) ἀδελφὸς (brother) δι’ (for) ὃν (whom) Χς (Chrestos) ἀπέθανεν (died).
12 οὕτως (Thus) δὲ (then) ἁμαρτάνοντες (sinning) εἰς (against) τοὺς (the) ἀδελφοὺς (brothers) καὶ (and) τύπτοντες (wounding) αὐτῶν (their) τὴν ( ) συνείδησιν (conscience) ἀσθενοῦσαν (being weak), εἰς (against) Χν (Chrestos) ἁμαρτάνετε (you sin).
13 Διόπερ (Therefore) εἰ (if) βρῶμα (food) σκανδαλίζει (snares) τὸν (the) ἀδελφόν (brother) μου (of me), οὐ (never) μὴ (not) φάγω (shall I eat) κρέα (meat) εἰς (to) τὸν (the) αἰῶνα (age), ἵνα (so that) μὴ (not) τὸν (the) ἀδελφόν (brother) μου (of me) σκανδαλίσω (I might snare).

*POSSIBLE END OF A LETTER 6:12 – 8:13
lclapshaw

Re: 1 Corinthians with Iulius, Chrestus, and Kaisar for IC, XC, KC

Post by lclapshaw »

Part 2

9:1 Οὐκ (Not) εἰμὶ (am I) ἐλεύθερος (free)? οὐκ (Not) εἰμὶ (am I) ἀπόστολος (an apostle)? οὐχὶ (Not) Ἰv (Iulius) τὸν (the) Κv (Κaisar) ἡμῶν (of us) ἑόρακα (have I seen)? οὐ (Not) τὸ (the) ἔργον (work) μου (of me), ὑμεῖς (you) ἐστε (are), ἐν (in) Κw (Κaisar).
2 εἰ (If) ἄλλοις (to others) οὐκ (not) εἰμὶ (I am) ἀπόστολος (an apostle), ἀλλά (yet) γε (at least) ὑμῖν (to you) εἰμι (I am); ἡ (the) γὰρ (for) σφραγίς (seal) μου (of my) τῆς (the) ἀποστολῆς (apostleship), ὑμεῖς (you) ἐστε (are) ἐν (in) Κw (Κaisar).
3 Ἡ ( ) ἐμὴ (My) ἀπολογία (defense) τοῖς (to those) ἐμὲ (me) ἀνακρίνουσίν (examining) ἐστιν (is) αὕτη (this).
4 μὴ (No) οὐκ (not) ἔχομεν (have we) ἐξουσίαν (the right) φαγεῖν (to eat) καὶ (and) πεῖν (to drink)?
5 μὴ (No) οὐκ (not) ἔχομεν (have we) ἐξουσίαν (authority) ἀδελφὴν (a sister), γυναῖκα (a wife), περιάγειν (to take about), ὡς (as) καὶ (also) οἱ (the) λοιποὶ (other) ἀπόστολοι (apostles), καὶ (and) οἱ (the) ἀδελφοὶ (brothers) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Κaisar), καὶ (and) Κηφᾶς (Cephas)?a
6 ἢ (Or) μόνος (only) ἐγὼ (I) καὶ (and) Βαρνάβας (Barnabas), οὐκ (not) ἔχομεν (have we) ἐξουσίαν (authority) μὴ (not) ἐργάζεσθαι (to work)?
7 Τίς (Who) στρατεύεται (serves as a soldier) ἰδίοις (at his own) ὀψωνίοις (expense) ποτέ (at any time)? τίς (Who) φυτεύει (plants) ἀμπελῶνα (a vineyard), καὶ (and) τὸν (the) καρπὸν (fruit) αὐτοῦ (of it) οὐκ (not) ἐσθίει (does eat)? ἢ (Or) τίς (who) ποιμαίνει (shepherds) ποίμνην (a flock), καὶ (and) ἐκ (from) τοῦ (the) γάλακτος (milk) τῆς (of the) ποίμνης (flock) οὐκ (not) ἐσθίει (does drink)?
8 Μὴ (Not) κατὰ (according to) ἄνθρωπον (man), ταῦτα (these things) λαλῶ (do I speak)? ἢ (Or) καὶ (also) ὁ (the) νόμος (law) ταῦτα (these things) οὐ (not) λέγει (says)?
9 ἐν (In) γὰρ (for) τῷ (the) Μωϋσέως (of Moses) νόμῳ (law), γέγραπται (it has been written): “Οὐ (Not) κημώσεις (you shall muzzle) βοῦν (an ox) ἀλοῶντα (treading out grain).”b μὴ (Not) τῶν (for the) βοῶν (oxen) μέλει (is there care) τῷ ( ) Θεῷ (with God)?
10 ἢ (Or) δι’ (because of) ἡμᾶς (us) πάντως (entirely) λέγει (is He speaking)? δι’ (For sake of) ἡμᾶς (us) γὰρ (for) ἐγράφη (it was written), ὅτι (because) ὀφείλει (ought) ἐπ’ (in) ἐλπίδι (hope) ὁ (the one) ἀροτριῶν (plowing) ἀροτριᾶν (to plow), καὶ (and) ὁ (the one) ἀλοῶν (threshing), ἐπ’ (in) ἐλπίδι (hope) τοῦ ( ) μετέχειν (to partake).
11 Εἰ (If) ἡμεῖς (we) ὑμῖν (among you) τὰ ( ) πνευματικὰ (spiritual things) ἐσπείραμεν (have sown), μέγα (is it a great thing) εἰ (if) ἡμεῖς (we), ὑμῶν (from you) τὰ ( ) σαρκικὰ (material things) θερίσομεν (will reap)?
12 εἰ (If) ἄλλοι (others) τῆς (of the) ὑμῶν (over you) ἐξουσίας (authority) μετέχουσιν (partake), οὐ (should not) μᾶλλον (more) ἡμεῖς (we)? ἀλλ’ (But) οὐκ (not) ἐχρησάμεθα (we did use) τῇ (the) ἐξουσίᾳ (right) ταύτῃ (this). ἀλλὰ (Instead), πάντα (all things) στέγομεν (we bear), ἵνα (so that) μή (not) τινα (any) ἐνκοπὴν (hindrance) δῶμεν (we should place) τῷ (to the) εὐαγγελίῳ (gospel) τοῦ (of) Χῦ (Chrestos).
13 Οὐκ (Not) οἴδατε (know you) ὅτι (that) οἱ (those) τὰ (in the) ἱερὰ (temple) ἐργαζόμενοι (working), τὰ (the things) ἐκ (of) τοῦ (the) ἱεροῦ (temple) ἐσθίουσιν (eat); οἱ (those) τῷ (at the) θυσιαστηρίῳ (altar) παρεδρεύοντες (attending), τῷ (in the) θυσιαστηρίῳ (altar) συμμερίζονται (partake)?
14 οὕτως (So) καὶ (also), ὁ (the) Κc (Κaisar) διέταξεν (has prescribed) τοῖς (to those) τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον (gospel) καταγγέλλουσιν (proclaiming) ἐκ (from) τοῦ (the) εὐαγγελίου (gospel) ζῆν (to live).
15 ἐγὼ (I) δὲ (however) οὐ (not) κέχρημαι (have used) οὐδενὶ (none) τούτων (of these). οὐκ (Neither) ἔγραψα (have I written) δὲ (now), ταῦτα (these things) ἵνα (that) οὕτως (thus) γένηται (it should be) ἐν (with) ἐμοί (me); καλὸν (it were good) γάρ (for) μοι (me) μᾶλλον (rather) ἀποθανεῖν (to die), ἢ (than) τὸ (the) καύχημά (boasting) μου (of me), οὐδεὶς (anyone) κενώσει (will make void).
16 Ἐὰν (If) γὰρ (for) εὐαγγελίζωμαι (I preach the gospel), οὐκ (nothing) ἔστιν (there is) μοι (to me) καύχημα (boasting); ἀνάγκη (necessity) γάρ (for) μοι (me) ἐπίκειται (is laid upon). οὐαὶ (Woe) γάρ (however) μοί (to me) ἐστιν (be), ἐὰν (if) μὴ (not) εὐαγγελίσωμαι (I should preach the gospel).
17 εἰ (If) γὰρ (for) ἑκὼν (willingly) τοῦτο (this) πράσσω (I do), μισθὸν (a reward) ἔχω (I have); εἰ (if) δὲ (however) ἄκων (unwillingly), οἰκονομίαν (a stewardship) πεπίστευμαι (I am entrusted with).
18 τίς (What) οὖν (then) μού (of me) ἐστιν (is) ὁ (the) μισθός (reward)? ἵνα (That) εὐαγγελιζόμενος (in preaching the gospel) ἀδάπανον (free of charge), θήσω (I should offer) τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον (gospel), εἰς (so as) τὸ ( ) μὴ (not) καταχρήσασθαι (to use up) τῇ (the) ἐξουσίᾳ (right) μου (of me) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) εὐαγγελίῳ (gospel). Paul the Servant to All
19 Ἐλεύθερος (Free) γὰρ (for) ὢν (being) ἐκ (from) πάντων (all), πᾶσιν (to all) ἐμαυτὸν (myself) ἐδούλωσα (I became servant), ἵνα (so that) τοὺς (the) πλείονας (more) κερδήσω (I might gain).
20 καὶ (And) ἐγενόμην (I became) τοῖς (to the) Ἰουδαίοις (Jews), ὡς (like) Ἰουδαῖος (a Jew), ἵνα (so that) Ἰουδαίους (Jews) κερδήσω (I might win). τοῖς (To those) ὑπὸ (under) νόμον (the Law), ὡς (as) ὑπὸ (under) νόμον (the law)— μὴ (not) ὢν (being) αὐτὸς (myself) ὑπὸ (under) νόμον (the law)— ἵνα (so that) τοὺς (those) ὑπὸ (under) νόμον (the law) κερδήσω (I might win).
21 τοῖς (To those) ἀνόμοις (outside the Law), ὡς (like) ἄνομος (outside the Law)— μὴ (not) ὢν (being) ἄνομος (outside the law) Θεοῦ (of God), ἀλλ’ (but) ἔννομος (under the law) Χῦ (to Chrestos)— ἵνα (so that) κερδάνω (I might win) τοὺς (those) ἀνόμους (outside the Law).
22 ἐγενόμην (I became) τοῖς (to the) ἀσθενέσιν (weak), ἀσθενής (weak), ἵνα (that) τοὺς (the) ἀσθενεῖς (weak) κερδήσω (I might win). τοῖς (These things) πᾶσιν (to all) γέγονα (I have become) πάντα (all), ἵνα (so that) πάντως (by all means), τινὰς (some) σώσω (I might save).
23 Πάντα (All things) δὲ (now) ποιῶ (I do) διὰ (on account of) τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον (gospel), ἵνα (that) συνκοινωνὸς (a fellow partaker) αὐτοῦ (with it) γένωμαι (I might become). Run Your Race to Win
24 Οὐκ (Not) οἴδατε (know you) ὅτι (that) οἱ (those) ἐν (in) σταδίῳ (a race course) τρέχοντες (running), πάντες (all) μὲν (indeed) τρέχουσιν (run); εἷς (one) δὲ (however) λαμβάνει (receives) τὸ (the) βραβεῖον (prize)? οὕτως (Thus) τρέχετε (run), ἵνα (that) καταλάβητε (you might obtain it).
25 πᾶς (Everyone) δὲ (now) ὁ ( ) ἀγωνιζόμενος (striving), πάντα (in all things) ἐγκρατεύεται (controls himself); ἐκεῖνοι (they) μὲν (indeed) οὖν (then), ἵνα (that) φθαρτὸν (a perishable) στέφανον (crown) λάβωσιν (they might receive), ἡμεῖς (we) δὲ (however) ἄφθαρτον (an imperishable).
26 ἐγὼ (I) τοίνυν (therefore) οὕτως (thus) τρέχω (run), ὡς (as) οὐκ (not) ἀδήλως (uncertainly); οὕτως (so) πυκτεύω (I fight), ὡς (as) οὐκ (not) ἀέρα (the air) δέρων (beating).
27 ἀλλὰ (But) ὑπωπιάζω (I batter) μου (of me) τὸ (the) σῶμα (body) καὶ (and) δουλαγωγῶ (bring it into servitude), μή (not) πως (hardly) ἄλλοις (to others) κηρύξας (having preached), αὐτὸς (myself) ἀδόκιμος (disqualified) γένωμαι (I might be).

*POSSIBLE END OF A LETTER 9

10:1 Οὐ (Not) θέλω (I want) γὰρ (for) ὑμᾶς (you) ἀγνοεῖν (to be ignorant), ἀδελφοί (brothers), ὅτι (that) οἱ (the) πατέρες (fathers) ἡμῶν (of us) πάντες (all) ὑπὸ (under) τὴν (the) νεφέλην (cloud) ἦσαν (were), καὶ (and) πάντες (all) διὰ (through) τῆς (the) θαλάσσης (sea) διῆλθον (passed),
2 καὶ (and) πάντες (all) εἰς (into) τὸν ( ) Μωϋσῆν (Moses) ἐβαπτίσαντο (were baptized), ἐν (in) τῇ (the) νεφέλῃ (cloud) καὶ (and) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) θαλάσσῃ (sea),
3 καὶ (and) πάντες (all) τὸ (the) αὐτὸ (same) πνευματικὸν (spiritual) βρῶμα (food) ἔφαγον (ate),
4 καὶ (and) πάντες (all) τὸ (the) αὐτὸ (same) πνευματικὸν (spiritual) ἔπιον (drank) πόμα (drink); ἔπινον (they were drinking) γὰρ (for) ἐκ (from) πνευματικῆς (the spiritual) ἀκολουθούσης (accompanying them) πέτρας (rock); ἡ (the) πέτρα (rock) δὲ (then) ἦν (was) ὁ ( ) Χς (Chrestos).
5 ἀλλ’ (Nevertheless) οὐκ (not) ἐν (with) τοῖς ( ) πλείοσιν (most) αὐτῶν (of them) εὐδόκησεν (was well pleased) ὁ ( ) Θεός (God); κατεστρώθησαν (they were strewn) γὰρ (for) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) ἐρήμῳ (wilderness).
6 Ταῦτα (These things) δὲ (now), τύποι (types) ἡμῶν (to us) ἐγενήθησαν (have become), εἰς (for) τὸ ( ) μὴ (not) εἶναι (to be) ἡμᾶς (us) ἐπιθυμητὰς (desirers) κακῶν (of evil things), καθὼς (as) κἀκεῖνοι (they also) ἐπεθύμησαν (desired).
7 μηδὲ (Neither) εἰδωλολάτραι (idolaters) γίνεσθε (are you to be), καθώς (as) τινες (some) αὐτῶν (of them); ὥσπερ (as) γέγραπται (it has been written): “Ἐκάθισεν (Sat down) ὁ (the) λαὸς (people) φαγεῖν (to eat) καὶ (and) πεῖν (to drink), καὶ (and) ἀνέστησαν (rose up) παίζειν (to play).”a
8 μηδὲ (Neither) πορνεύωμεν (should we commit sexual immorality), καθώς (as) τινες (some) αὐτῶν (of them) ἐπόρνευσαν (committed sexual immorality), καὶ (and) ἔπεσαν (fell) μιᾷ (in one) ἡμέρᾳ (day) εἰκοσι (twenty) τρεῖς (three) χιλιάδες (thousand).
9 μηδὲ (Neither) ἐκπειράζωμεν (should we test) τὸν (the) Χν* (Chrestos),b καθώς (as) τινες (some) αὐτῶν (of them) ἐπείρασαν (tested), καὶ (and) ὑπὸ (by) τῶν ( ) ὄφεων (serpents) ἀπώλλυντο (were destroyed).
10 μηδὲ (Neither) γογγύζετε (are you to grumble), καθάπερ (as) τινὲς (some) αὐτῶν (of them) ἐγόγγυσαν (grumbled), καὶ (and) ἀπώλοντο (perished) ὑπὸ (by) τοῦ (the) ὀλοθρευτοῦ (Destroyer).
11 Ταῦτα (These things) δὲ (now) τυπικῶς (as types) συνέβαινεν (happened) ἐκείνοις (to them), ἐγράφη (were written) δὲ (then) πρὸς (for) νουθεσίαν (admonition) ἡμῶν (of us), εἰς (to) οὓς (whom) τὰ (the) τέλη (ends) τῶν (of the) αἰώνων (ages) κατήντηκεν (are arrived).
12 Ὥστε (Therefore) ὁ (the one) δοκῶν (thinking) ἑστάναι (to stand), βλεπέτω (let him take heed), μὴ (lest) πέσῃ (he fall).
13 πειρασμὸς (Temptation) ὑμᾶς (you) οὐκ (not) εἴληφεν (has seized), εἰ (if) μὴ (not) ἀνθρώπινος (what is common to man); πιστὸς (faithful) δὲ (now) ὁ ( ) Θεός (is God), ὃς (who) οὐκ (not) ἐάσει (will allow) ὑμᾶς (you) πειρασθῆναι (to be tempted) ὑπὲρ (beyond) ὃ (what) δύνασθε (you are able), ἀλλὰ (but) ποιήσει (will provide), σὺν (with) τῷ (the) πειρασμῷ (temptation), καὶ (also) τὴν (the) ἔκβασιν (escape), τοῦ ( ) δύνασθαι (to be able) ὑπενεγκεῖν (to endure it). Flee from Idolatry(Exodus 20:22 23; Leviticus 19:1 8)
14 Διόπερ (Therefore), ἀγαπητοί (beloved) μου (of me), φεύγετε (flee) ἀπὸ (from) τῆς ( ) εἰδωλολατρίας (idolatry).
15 ὡς (As) φρονίμοις (to sensible ones) λέγω (I speak); κρίνατε (judge) ὑμεῖς (for yourselves) ὅ (what) φημι (I say).
16 Τὸ (The) ποτήριον (cup) τῆς ( ) εὐλογίας (of blessing) ὃ (that) εὐλογοῦμεν (we bless), οὐχὶ (not) κοινωνία (a participation) ἐστὶν (is it) τοῦ (in the) αἵματος (blood) τοῦ ( ) Χῦ (of Chrestos)? τὸν (The) ἄρτον (bread) ὃν (that) κλῶμεν (we break), οὐχὶ (not) κοινωνία (a participation) τοῦ (in the) σώματος (body) τοῦ ( ) Χῦ (of Chrestos) ἐστιν (is it)?
17 ὅτι (Because there is) εἷς (one) ἄρτος (loaf), ἓν (one) σῶμα (body) οἱ (the) πολλοί (many) ἐσμεν (we are); οἱ ( ) γὰρ (for) πάντες (all) ἐκ (of) τοῦ (the) ἑνὸς (one) ἄρτου (loaf) μετέχομεν (we partake).
18 βλέπετε (Consider) τὸν ( ) Ἰσραὴλ (Israel) κατὰ (according to) σάρκα (flesh): οὐχ (Not) οἱ (those) ἐσθίοντες (eating) τὰς (the) θυσίας (sacrifices), κοινωνοὶ (fellow partakers) τοῦ (in the) θυσιαστηρίου (altar) εἰσίν (are)?
19 Τί (What) οὖν (then) φημι (do I mean)? ὅτι (That) εἰδωλόθυτόν (what is sacrificed to an idol) τί (anything) ἐστιν (is), ἢ (or) ὅτι (that) εἴδωλόν (an idol) τί (anything) ἐστιν (is)?
20 ἀλλ’ (Rather) ὅτι (that) ἃ (what) θύουσιν (sacrifice) (τὰ (the) ἔθνη) (Gentiles), δαιμονίοις (to demons) καὶ (and) οὐ (not) Θεῷ (to God) θύουσιν (they sacrifice). οὐ (Not) θέλω (I do wish) δὲ (now), ὑμᾶς (you) κοινωνοὺς (fellow partakers) τῶν ( ) δαιμονίων (with demons) γίνεσθαι (to be).
21 οὐ (Not) δύνασθε (you are able) ποτήριον (the cup) Κυ (of the Κaisar) πίνειν (to drink), καὶ (and) ποτήριον (the cup) δαιμονίων (of demons). οὐ (Not) δύνασθε (you are able) τραπέζης (of the table) Κυ (of the Κaisar) μετέχειν (to partake), καὶ (and) τραπέζης (of the table) δαιμονίων (of demons).
22 ἢ (Or) παραζηλοῦμεν (do we provoke to jealousy) τὸν (the) Κv (Κaisar)? μὴ (Not) ἰσχυρότεροι (stronger) αὐτοῦ (than He) ἐσμεν (are we)? All to God's Glory

*POSSIBLE END TO A LETTER 10:1 – 10:22
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

Part 3

23 “Πάντα (All things) ἔξεστιν (are lawful),” ἀλλ’ (but) οὐ (not) πάντα (all things) συμφέρει (are profitable). “Πάντα (All things) ἔξεστιν (are lawful),” ἀλλ’ (but) οὐ (not) πάντα (all) οἰκοδομεῖ (edify).
24 μηδεὶς (No one) τὸ (the good) ἑαυτοῦ (of himself) ζητείτω (let seek), ἀλλὰ (but) τὸ (that) τοῦ (of the) ἑτέρου (other).
25 Πᾶν (Everything) τὸ ( ) ἐν (in) μακέλλῳ (the meat market) πωλούμενον (being sold), ἐσθίετε (eat), μηδὲν (nothing) ἀνακρίνοντες (inquiring) διὰ (on account of) τὴν ( ) συνείδησιν (conscience),
26 “Τοῦ (The) Κυ (Κaisar’s),” γὰρ (for), “Ἡ (is the) γῆ (earth), καὶ (and) τὸ (the) πλήρωμα (fullness) αὐτῆς (of it).”c
27 Εἴ (If) τις (anyone) καλεῖ (invites) ὑμᾶς (you) τῶν (of the) ἀπίστων (unbelieving), καὶ (and) θέλετε (you wish) πορεύεσθαι (to go), πᾶν (everything) τὸ ( ) παρατιθέμενον (being set before) ὑμῖν (you) ἐσθίετε (eat), μηδὲν (nothing) ἀνακρίνοντες (inquiring) διὰ (on account of) τὴν ( ) συνείδησιν (conscience).
28 ἐὰν (If) δέ (however) τις (anyone) ὑμῖν (to you) εἴπῃ (should say), “Τοῦτο (This) ἱερόθυτόν (offered to an idol) ἐστιν (is),” μὴ (not) ἐσθίετε (do eat), δι’ (on account of) ἐκεῖνον (him) τὸν ( ) μηνύσαντα (having shown it), καὶ (and) τὴν ( ) συνείδησιν (conscience) — d
29 συνείδησιν (the conscience) δὲ (now), λέγω (I am saying), οὐχὶ (not) τὴν ( ) ἑαυτοῦ (your own), ἀλλὰ (but) τὴν (that) τοῦ (of the) ἑτέρου (other); ἵνα‿ (that) τί (what) γὰρ (for) ἡ (the) ἐλευθερία (freedom) μου (of me) κρίνεται (is judged) ὑπὸ (by) ἄλλης (another’s) συνειδήσεως (conscience)?
30 εἰ (If) ἐγὼ (I) χάριτι (with thankfulness) μετέχω (partake), τί (why) βλασφημοῦμαι (am I denounced) ὑπὲρ (for) οὗ (that which) ἐγὼ (I) εὐχαριστῶ (give thanks)?
31 Εἴτε (Whether) οὖν (therefore) ἐσθίετε (you eat), εἴτε (or) πίνετε (drink), εἴτε (or) τι (whatever) ποιεῖτε (you do), πάντα (all things) εἰς (to the) δόξαν (glory) Θεοῦ (of God) ποιεῖτε (do).
32 ἀπρόσκοποι (Without offense) καὶ (both) Ἰουδαίοις (to Jews) γίνεσθε (be you), καὶ (and) Ἕλλησιν (Greeks), καὶ (and) τῇ (to the) ἐκκλησίᾳ (assembly) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) —
33 καθὼς (as) κἀγὼ (I also) πάντα (all) πᾶσιν (in all things) ἀρέσκω (please), μὴ (not) ζητῶν (seeking) τὸ (the) ἐμαυτοῦ (of myself) σύμφορον (profit), ἀλλὰ (but) τὸ (that) τῶν (of the) πολλῶν (many), ἵνα (that) σωθῶσιν (they may be saved).

11:1 Μιμηταί (Imitators) μου (of me) γίνεσθε (be), καθὼς (as) κἀγὼ (I also am) Χῦ (of Chrestos).
2 Ἐπαινῶ (I commend) δὲ (now) ὑμᾶς (you) ὅτι (that) πάντα (in all things) μου (me) μέμνησθε (you have remembered), καὶ (and) καθὼς (as) παρέδωκα (I delivered) ὑμῖν (to you), τὰς (the) παραδόσεις (teachings) κατέχετε (you are keeping)
3 Θέλω (I want) δὲ (however) ὑμᾶς (you) εἰδέναι (to know) ὅτι (that) παντὸς (of every) ἀνδρὸς (man) ἡ (the) κεφαλὴ (head) ὁ ( ) Χς (Chrestos) ἐστιν (is), κεφαλὴ (the head) δὲ (now) γυναικὸς (of the woman is) ὁ (the) ἀνήρ (man), κεφαλὴ (the head) δὲ (now) τοῦ ( ) Χῦ (of Chrestos) ὁ ( ) Θεός (God).
4 Πᾶς (Every) ἀνὴρ (man) προσευχόμενος (praying) ἢ (or) προφητεύων (prophesying), κατὰ (anything on) κεφαλῆς (his head) ἔχων (having), καταισχύνει (dishonors) τὴν (the) κεφαλὴν (head) αὐτοῦ (of him).
5 πᾶσα (Every) δὲ (now) γυνὴ (woman) προσευχομένη (praying) ἢ (or) προφητεύουσα (prophesying), ἀκατακαλύπτῳ (uncovered) τῇ (with the) κεφαλῇ (head), καταισχύνει (dishonors) τὴν (the) κεφαλὴν (head) αὐτῆς (of her); ἓν (one) γάρ (for) ἐστιν (it is), καὶ (and) τὸ (the) αὐτὸ (same), τῇ ( ) ἐξυρημένῃ (with having been shaven).
6 εἰ (If) γὰρ (for) οὐ (not) κατακαλύπτεται (covers her head) γυνή (a woman), καὶ (also) κειράσθω (let her be shorn). εἰ (If it is) δὲ (now) αἰσχρὸν (disgraceful) γυναικὶ (to a woman) τὸ ( ) κείρασθαι (to be shorn) ἢ (or) ξυρᾶσθαι (to be shaven), κατακαλυπτέσθω (let her cover her head).
7 Ἀνὴρ (A man) μὲν (truly) γὰρ (for) οὐκ (not) ὀφείλει (ought) κατακαλύπτεσθαι (to cover) τὴν (the) κεφαλήν (head), εἰκὼν (image) καὶ (and) δόξα (glory) Θεοῦ (of God) ὑπάρχων (being); ἡ (the) γυνὴ (woman) δὲ (however), δόξα (the glory) ἀνδρός (of man) ἐστιν (is).
8 οὐ (Not) γάρ (for) ἐστιν (is) ἀνὴρ (man) ἐκ (of) γυναικός (woman), ἀλλὰ (but) γυνὴ (woman) ἐξ (of) ἀνδρός (man).
9 καὶ (Truly) γὰρ (for) οὐκ (not) ἐκτίσθη (was created) ἀνὴρ (man) διὰ (on account of) τὴν (the) γυναῖκα (woman), ἀλλὰ (but) γυνὴ (woman) διὰ (on account of) τὸν (the) ἄνδρα (man).
10 διὰ (Because of) τοῦτο (this), ὀφείλει (ought) ἡ (the) γυνὴ (woman) ἐξουσίαν (authority) ἔχειν (to have) ἐπὶ (on) τῆς (the) κεφαλῆς (head), διὰ (on account of) τοὺς (the) ἀγγέλους (angels).
11 Πλὴν (However), οὔτε (neither is) γυνὴ (woman) χωρὶς (separate from) ἀνδρὸς (man), οὔτε (nor) ἀνὴρ (man) χωρὶς (separate from) γυναικὸς (woman), ἐν (in) Κw (Κaisar).
12 ὥσπερ (Just as) γὰρ (for) ἡ (the) γυνὴ (woman) ἐκ (of) τοῦ (the) ἀνδρός (man is), οὕτως (so) καὶ (also) ὁ (the) ἀνὴρ (man) διὰ (by) τῆς (the) γυναικός (woman is); τὰ (the) δὲ (however) πάντα (all things) ἐκ (of) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (God).
13 Ἐν (In) ὑμῖν (you) αὐτοῖς (yourselves) κρίνατε (judge): πρέπον (Becoming) ἐστὶν (is it) γυναῖκα (for a woman) ἀκατακάλυπτον (revealed), τῷ ( ) Θεῷ (to God) προσεύχεσθαι (to pray)?
14 οὐδὲ (Not even) ἡ ( ) φύσις (nature) αὐτὴ (itself) διδάσκει (does teach) ὑμᾶς (you) ὅτι (that) ἀνὴρ (a man) μὲν (indeed), ἐὰν (if) κομᾷ (he has long hair), ἀτιμία (a dishonor) αὐτῷ (to him) ἐστιν (it is);
15 γυνὴ (a woman) δὲ (however) ἐὰν (if) κομᾷ (she has long hair), δόξα (glory) αὐτῇ (to her) ἐστιν (it is)? ὅτι (For) ἡ (the) κόμη (long hair) ἀντὶ (instead) περιβολαίου (of a covering) δέδοται (is given) αὐτῇ (to her).
16 Εἰ (If) δέ (now) τις (anyone) δοκεῖ (is inclined) φιλόνεικος (contentious) εἶναι (to be), ἡμεῖς (we) τοιαύτην (such) συνήθειαν (custom) οὐκ (no other) ἔχομεν (have), οὐδὲ (nor) αἱ (the) ἐκκλησίαι (assemblies) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God).
17 Τοῦτο (In this) δὲ (now) παραγγέλλων (instructing), οὐκ (not) ἐπαινῶ (I do praise), ὅτι (because) οὐκ (not) εἰς (for) τὸ (the) κρεῖσσον (better), ἀλλὰ (but) εἰς (for) τὸ (the) ἧσσον (worse), συνέρχεσθε (you come together).
18 πρῶτον (First) μὲν (indeed), γὰρ (for) συνερχομένων (coming together) ὑμῶν (you) ἐν (in) ἐκκλησίᾳ (an assembly), ἀκούω (I hear) σχίσματα (divisions) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) ὑπάρχειν (there to be), καὶ (and) μέρος (in part) τι (it) πιστεύω (I believe).
19 δεῖ (It behooves) γὰρ (for) καὶ (also) αἱρέσεις (factions) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) εἶναι (there to be), ἵνα (so that) καὶ (also) οἱ (the) δόκιμοι (approved), φανεροὶ (evident) γένωνται (should become) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you).
20 Συνερχομένων (Coming) οὖν (therefore) ὑμῶν (of you) ἐπὶ (together) τὸ (in one) αὐτὸ (place), οὐκ (not) ἔστιν (it is) Κυ (Κaisar’s) δεῖπνον (supper) φαγεῖν (to eat).
21 ἕκαστος (One) γὰρ (for) τὸ (the) ἴδιον (own) δεῖπνον (supper) προλαμβάνει (takes first) ἐν (in) τῷ ( ) φαγεῖν (eating); καὶ (and) ὃς (this one) μὲν (indeed) πεινᾷ (is hungry), ὃς (that one) δὲ (however) μεθύει (is drunken).
22 μὴ (No) γὰρ (indeed) οἰκίας (houses) οὐκ (not) ἔχετε (have you) εἰς (in) τὸ (which) ἐσθίειν (to eat) καὶ (and) πίνειν (to drink)? ἢ (Or) τῆς (the) ἐκκλησίας (assembly) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) καταφρονεῖτε (do you despise) καὶ (and) καταισχύνετε (put to shame) τοὺς (those) μὴ (nothing) ἔχοντας (having)? τί (What) εἴπω (shall I say) ὑμῖν (to you)? ἐπαινέσω (Shall I praise) ὑμᾶς (you) ἐν (in) τούτῳ (this)? οὐκ (Not) ἐπαινῶ (I praise you)!
23 Ἐγὼ (I) γὰρ (for) παρέλαβον (received) ἀπὸ (from) τοῦ (the) Κυ (Κaisar) ὃ (that which) καὶ (also) παρέδωκα (I delivered) ὑμῖν (to you), ὅτι (that) ὁ (the) Κc (Κaisar) Ἰς (Iulius) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) νυκτὶ (night) ᾗ (in which) παρεδίδετο (He was betrayed), ἔλαβεν (took) ἄρτον (bread),
24 καὶ (and) εὐχαριστήσας (having given thanks), ἔκλασεν (He broke it) καὶ (and) εἶπεν (said), “Τοῦτό (This) μού (of Me) ἐστιν (is) τὸ (the) σῶμα (body), τὸ (which is) ὑπὲρ (for) ὑμῶν (you);a τοῦτο (this) ποιεῖτε (do) εἰς (in) τὴν ( ) ἐμὴν (of Me) ἀνάμνησιν (remembrance).”
25 ὡσαύτως (Likewise) καὶ (also) τὸ (the) ποτήριον (cup), μετὰ (after) τὸ ( ) δειπνῆσαι (having supped), λέγων (saying), “Τοῦτο (This) τὸ ( ) ποτήριον (cup) ἡ (the) καινὴ (new) διαθήκη (covenant) ἐστὶν (is) ἐν (in) τῷ ( ) ἐμῷ (My) αἵματι (blood); τοῦτο (this) ποιεῖτε (do), ὁσάκις (as often as) ἐὰν (if) πίνητε (you might drink it), εἰς (in) τὴν ( ) ἐμὴν (of Me) ἀνάμνησιν (remembrance).”
26 ὁσάκις (As often as) γὰρ (for) ἐὰν (if) ἐσθίητε (you may eat) τὸν (the) ἄρτον (bread) τοῦτον (this), καὶ (and) τὸ (the) ποτήριον (cup) πίνητε (may drink), τὸν (the) θάνατον (death) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Κaisar) καταγγέλλετε (you proclaim) ἄχρι (until) οὗ (that) ἔλθῃ (He should come).
27 Ὥστε (Therefore) ὃς (whoever) ἂν ( ) ἐσθίῃ (should eat) τὸν (the) ἄρτον (bread) ἢ (or) πίνῃ (should drink) τὸ (the) ποτήριον (cup) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Κaisar) ἀναξίως (unworthily), ἔνοχος (guilty) ἔσται (will be) τοῦ (of the) σώματος (body) καὶ (and) τοῦ (of the) αἵματος (blood) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Κaisar).
28 δοκιμαζέτω (Let examine) δὲ (however) ἄνθρωπος (a man) ἑαυτόν (himself), καὶ (and) οὕτως (in this manner) ἐκ (of) τοῦ (the) ἄρτου (bread) ἐσθιέτω (let him eat), καὶ (and) ἐκ (of) τοῦ (the) ποτηρίου (cup) πινέτω (let him drink).
29 ὁ (The one) γὰρ (for) ἐσθίων (eating) καὶ (and) πίνων (drinking) κρίμα (judgment) ἑαυτῷ (on himself), ἐσθίει (eats) καὶ (and) πίνει (drinks) μὴ (not) διακρίνων (discerning) τὸ (the) σῶμα (body).
30 διὰ (Because of) τοῦτο (this), ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) πολλοὶ (many) ἀσθενεῖς (are weak) καὶ (and) ἄρρωστοι (sick), καὶ (and) κοιμῶνται (are fallen asleep) ἱκανοί (many).
31 Εἰ (If) δὲ (for) ἑαυτοὺς (ourselves) διεκρίνομεν (we were judging), οὐκ (not) ἂν ( ) ἐκρινόμεθα (we would come under judgment).
32 κρινόμενοι (Being judged) δὲ (however) ὑπὸ (by) τοῦ (the) Κυ (Κaisar), παιδευόμεθα (we are disciplined), ἵνα (so that) μὴ (not) σὺν (with) τῷ (the) κόσμῳ (world) κατακριθῶμεν (we should be condemned).
33 Ὥστε (So then), ἀδελφοί (brothers) μου (of me), συνερχόμενοι (coming together) εἰς (in order) τὸ ( ) φαγεῖν (to eat), ἀλλήλους (one another) ἐκδέχεσθε (wait for).
34 εἴ (If) τις (anyone) πεινᾷ (is hungry), ἐν (at) οἴκῳ (home) ἐσθιέτω (let him eat), ἵνα (so that) μὴ (not) εἰς (for) κρίμα (judgment) συνέρχησθε (you might come together). Τὰ ( ) δὲ (And) λοιπὰ (the other things), ὡς (as soon as) ἂν ( ) ἔλθω (I might come), διατάξομαι (I will set in order).

12:1 Περὶ (Concerning) δὲ (now) τῶν ( ) πνευματικῶν (spiritual gifts), ἀδελφοί (brothers), οὐ (not) θέλω (I do want) ὑμᾶς (you) ἀγνοεῖν (to be ignorant).
2 Οἴδατε (You know) ὅτι (that) ὅτε (when) ἔθνη (pagans) ἦτε (you were), πρὸς (to) τὰ ( ) εἴδωλα (idols) τὰ ( ) ἄφωνα (mute), ὡς (even as) ἂν ( ) ἤγεσθε (you were led), ἀπαγόμενοι (being carried away).
3 διὸ (Therefore) γνωρίζω (I make known) ὑμῖν (to you) ὅτι (that) οὐδεὶς (no one) ἐν (in) Πνεύματι (the Spirit) Θεοῦ (of God) λαλῶν (speaking), λέγει (says) “Αναθεμα (Accursed is) Ἰς (Iulius),” καὶ (and) οὐδεὶς (no one) δύναται (is able) εἰπεῖν (to say), “Κc (Κaisar is) Ἰς (Iulius),” εἰ (if) μὴ (not) ἐν (in) Πνεύματι (the Spirit) Ἁγίῳ (Holy).
4 Διαιρέσεις (Varieties) δὲ (now) χαρισμάτων (of gifts) εἰσίν (there are), τὸ ( ) δὲ (but) αὐτὸ (the same) Πνεῦμα (Spirit);
5 καὶ (and) διαιρέσεις (varieties) διακονιῶν (of services) εἰσιν (there are), καὶ (but) ὁ (the) αὐτὸς (same) Κc (Κaisar);
6 καὶ (and) διαιρέσεις (varieties) ἐνεργημάτων (of workings) εἰσίν (there are), ὁ (the) δὲ (but) αὐτὸς (same) Θεός (God) ὁ ( ) ἐνεργῶν (is working) τὰ (the) πάντα (all things) ἐν (in) πᾶσιν (everyone).
7 Ἑκάστῳ (To each) δὲ (now) δίδοται (is given) ἡ (the) φανέρωσις (manifestation) τοῦ (of the) Πνεύματος (Spirit) πρὸς (for) τὸ (the) συμφέρον (common profiting).
8 ᾧ (To one) μὲν (truly) γὰρ (for) διὰ (through) τοῦ (the) Πνεύματος (Spirit) δίδοται (is given) λόγος (a word) σοφίας (of wisdom), ἄλλῳ (to another) δὲ (now) λόγος (a word) γνώσεως (of knowledge), κατὰ (according to) τὸ (the) αὐτὸ (same) Πνεῦμα (Spirit),
9 ἑτέρῳ (and to a different one), πίστις (faith) ἐν (by) τῷ (the) αὐτῷ (same) Πνεύματι (Spirit), ἄλλῳ (to another) δὲ (now) χαρίσματα (gifts) ἰαμάτων (of healing) ἐν (in) τῷ (that) ἑνὶ (one) Πνεύματι (Spirit),
10 ἄλλῳ (to another) δὲ (now) ἐνεργήματα (working) δυνάμεων (of miracles), ἄλλῳ (to another) δὲ (now) προφητεία (prophecy), ἄλλῳ (to another) δὲ (now) διακρίσεις (distinguishing) πνευμάτων (of spirits), ἑτέρῳ (and to a different one) γένη (various kinds) γλωσσῶν (of tongues), ἄλλῳ (to another) δὲ (now) ἑρμηνεία (interpretation) γλωσσῶν (of tongues).
11 πάντα (All) δὲ (now) ταῦτα (these things) ἐνεργεῖ (works) τὸ (the) ἓν (one) καὶ (and) τὸ (the) αὐτὸ (same) Πνεῦμα (Spirit), διαιροῦν (apportioning) ἰδίᾳ (individually) ἑκάστῳ (to each) καθὼς (as) βούλεται (He wills).
12 Καθάπερ (Just as) γὰρ (for) τὸ (the) σῶμα (body) ἕν (one) ἐστιν (is), καὶ (and) μέλη (members) πολλὰ (many) ἔχει (has), πάντα (all) δὲ (now) τὰ (the) μέλη (members) τοῦ (of the) σώματος (body), πολλὰ (many) ὄντα (being), ἕν (one) ἐστιν (are) σῶμα (body); οὕτως (so) καὶ (also ) ὁ ( ) Χς (Chrestos).
13 καὶ (Also) γὰρ (for) ἐν (in) ἑνὶ (one) Πνεύματι (Spirit), ἡμεῖς (we) πάντες (all) εἰς (into) ἓν (one) σῶμα (body) ἐβαπτίσθημεν (were baptized), εἴτε (whether) Ἰουδαῖοι (Jews) εἴτε (or) Ἕλληνες (Greeks), εἴτε (whether) δοῦλοι (slaves) εἴτε (or) ἐλεύθεροι (free); καὶ (and) πάντες (all) ἓν (one) Πνεῦμα (Spirit) ἐποτίσθημεν (we were made to drink).
14 Καὶ (Also) γὰρ (for) τὸ (the) σῶμα (body) οὐκ (not) ἔστιν (is) ἓν (one) μέλος (member), ἀλλὰ (but) πολλά (many).
15 ἐὰν (If) εἴπῃ (should say) ὁ (the) πούς (foot), “Ὅτι (Because) οὐκ (not) εἰμὶ (I am) χείρ (a hand), οὐκ (not) εἰμὶ (I am) ἐκ (of) τοῦ (the) σώματος (body),” οὐ (not) παρὰ (on account of) τοῦτο (this), οὐκ (not) ἔστιν (is it) ἐκ (of) τοῦ (the) σώματος (body).
16 καὶ (And) ἐὰν (if) εἴπῃ (should say) τὸ (the) οὖς (ear), “Ὅτι (Because) οὐκ (not) εἰμὶ (I am) ὀφθαλμός (an eye), οὐκ (not) εἰμὶ (I am) ἐκ (of) τοῦ (the) σώματος (body),” οὐ (not) παρὰ (on account of) τοῦτο (this), οὐκ (not) ἔστιν (is it) ἐκ (of) τοῦ (the) σώματος (body).
17 εἰ (If) ὅλον (all) τὸ (the) σῶμα (body were) ὀφθαλμός (an eye), ποῦ (where) ἡ (would be the) ἀκοή (hearing)? εἰ (If) ὅλον (all) ἀκοή (were hearing), ποῦ (where) ἡ (would be the) ὄσφρησις (sense of smell)?
18 Νυνὶ* (Now) δὲ (however), ὁ ( ) Θεὸς (God) ἔθετο (has arranged) τὰ (the) μέλη (members), ἓν (one) ἕκαστον (each) αὐτῶν (of them) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) σώματι (body), καθὼς (as) ἠθέλησεν (He desired).
19 εἰ (If) δὲ (now) ἦν (were) τὰ ( ) πάντα (all) ἓν (one) μέλος (member), ποῦ (where) τὸ (would be the) σῶμα (body)?
20 νῦν (Now) δὲ (however), πολλὰ (many) μὲν (even) μέλη (are the members), ἓν (one) δὲ (however) σῶμα (body).
21 Οὐ (Not) δύναται (is able) δὲ (now) ὁ (the) ὀφθαλμὸς (eye) εἰπεῖν (to say) τῇ (to the) χειρί (hand), “Χρείαν (Need) σου (of you) οὐκ (not) ἔχω (I have).” ἢ (Or) πάλιν (again) ἡ (the) κεφαλὴ (head) τοῖς (to the) ποσίν (feet), “Χρείαν (Need) ὑμῶν (of you) οὐκ (not) ἔχω (I have).”
22 ἀλλὰ (But) πολλῷ (much) μᾶλλον (rather), τὰ (those) δοκοῦντα (seeming) μέλη (members) τοῦ (of the) σώματος (body) ἀσθενέστερα (weaker) ὑπάρχειν (to be), ἀναγκαῖά (indispensable) ἐστιν (are);
23 καὶ (and) ἃ (those which) δοκοῦμεν (we think) ἀτιμότερα (less honorable) εἶναι (to be) τοῦ (of the) σώματος (body), τούτοις (these) τιμὴν (honor) περισσοτέραν (more abundant) περιτίθεμεν (we bestow); καὶ (and) τὰ (the) ἀσχήμονα (unpresentable parts) ἡμῶν (of us), εὐσχημοσύνην (decorum) περισσοτέραν (more abundant) ἔχει (have);
24 τὰ ( ) δὲ (and) εὐσχήμονα (the presentable parts) ἡμῶν (of us), οὐ (no) χρείαν (need) ἔχει (have). Ἀλλὰ (But) ὁ ( ) θεὸς (God) συνεκέρασεν (has composed) τὸ (the) σῶμα (body), τῷ (to the parts) ὑστερουμένῳ (being deficient) περισσοτέραν (more abundant) δοὺς (having given) τιμήν (honor),
25 ἵνα (that) μὴ (not) ᾖ (there should be) σχίσμα (division) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) σώματι (body), ἀλλὰ (but) τὸ (the) αὐτὸ (same) ὑπὲρ (for) ἀλλήλων (one another) μεριμνῶσιν (should have concern), τὰ (the) μέλη (members).
26 καὶ (And) εἴτε (if) πάσχει (suffers) ἓν (one) μέλος (member), συμπάσχει (suffer with it) πάντα (all) τὰ (the) μέλη (members); εἴτε (if) δοξάζεται (is honored) [ἓν] (one) μέλος (member), συνχαίρει (rejoice with it) πάντα (all) τὰ (the) μέλη (members). The greater gifts
27 Ὑμεῖς (You) δέ (now) ἐστε (are) σῶμα (the body) Χῦ (of Chrestos), καὶ (and) μέλη (members) ἐκ (in) μέρους (particular).
28 Καὶ (And) οὓς (some) μὲν (indeed) ἔθετο (has appointed) ὁ ( ) Θεὸς (God) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) ἐκκλησίᾳ (assembly), πρῶτον (first) ἀποστόλους (apostles), δεύτερον (secondly) προφήτας (prophets), τρίτον (third) διδασκάλους (teachers), ἔπειτα (then) δυνάμεις (miracles), ἔπειτα (then) χαρίσματα (gifts) ἰαμάτων (of healing), ἀντιλήμψεις (helping), κυβερνήσεις (administrating), γένη (various kinds) γλωσσῶν (of tongues).
29 μὴ (Not are) πάντες (all) ἀπόστολοι (apostles)? μὴ (Not) πάντες (all) προφῆται (prophets)? μὴ (Not) πάντες (all) διδάσκαλοι (teachers)? μὴ (Not have) πάντες (all) δυνάμεις (miracles)?
30 μὴ (Not) πάντες (all) χαρίσματα (gifts) ἔχουσιν (have) ἰαμάτων (of healings)? μὴ (Not) πάντες (all) γλώσσαις (in tongues) λαλοῦσιν (do speak)? μὴ (Not) πάντες (all) διερμηνεύουσιν (do interpret)?
31 ζηλοῦτε (Be desirous of) δὲ (however) τὰ (the) χαρίσματα (gifts) τὰ ( ) μείζονα (greater).
Καὶ (And) ἔτι (now), καθ’ (according to) ὑπερβολὴν (a more surpassing) ὁδὸν (way), ὑμῖν (to you) δείκνυμι (I show).

13:1 Ἐὰν (If) ταῖς (in the) γλώσσαις (tongues) τῶν ( ) ἀνθρώπων (of men) λαλῶ (I speak), καὶ (and) τῶν ( ) ἀγγέλων (of angels), ἀγάπην (love) δὲ (however) μὴ (not) ἔχω (have), γέγονα (I have become) χαλκὸς (a brass) ἠχῶν (sounding), ἢ (or) κύμβαλον (a cymbal) ἀλαλάζον (clanging).
2 καὶ (And) ἐὰν (if) ἔχω (I should have) προφητείαν (prophecy) καὶ (and) εἰδῶ (understand) τὰ (the) μυστήρια (mysteries) πάντα (all), καὶ (and) πᾶσαν (all) τὴν (the) γνῶσιν (knowledge), καὶ (and) ἐὰν (if) ἔχω (I should have) πᾶσαν (all) τὴν (the) πίστιν (faith), ὥστε (so as) ὄρη (mountains) μεθιστάναι (to remove), ἀγάπην (love) δὲ (however) μὴ (not) ἔχω (have), οὐθέν (nothing) εἰμι (I am).
3 καὶ (And) ἐὰν (if) ψωμίσω (I may give away) πάντα (all) τὰ (the) ὑπάρχοντά (possessions) μου (of me), καὶ (and) ἐὰν (if) παραδῶ (I may deliver up) τὸ (the) σῶμά (body) μου (of me) ἵνα (that) [καυχήσωμαι] (I may boast),a ἀγάπην (love) δὲ (however) μὴ (not) ἔχω (have), οὐδὲν (nothing) ὠφελοῦμαι (I am profited).
4 Ἡ ( ) ἀγάπη (Love) μακροθυμεῖ (is patient), χρηστεύεται (is kind); ἡ ( ) ἀγάπη (love) οὐ (not) ζηλοῖ (is envious); ἡ ( ) ἀγάπη (love) οὐ (not) περπερεύεται (is boastful), οὐ (not) φυσιοῦται (is puffed up),
5 οὐκ (not) ἀσχημονεῖ (acts unbecomingly); οὐ (not) ζητεῖ (seeks) τὰ (the things) ἑαυτῆς (of its own), οὐ (not) παροξύνεται (is easily provoked), οὐ (not) λογίζεται (it keeps account) τὸ ( ) κακόν (of wrongs);
6 οὐ (not) χαίρει (delights) ἐπὶ (at) τῇ ( ) ἀδικίᾳ (unrighteousness), συνχαίρει (rejoices) δὲ (however) τῇ (in the) ἀληθείᾳ (truth).
7 πάντα (All things) στέγει (it bears), πάντα (all things) πιστεύει (believes), πάντα (all things) ἐλπίζει (hopes), πάντα (all things) ὑπομένει (endures).
8 Ἡ ( ) ἀγάπη (Love) οὐδέποτε (never) πίπτει (fails); εἴτε (if) δὲ (however) προφητεῖαι (there are prophesies), καταργηθήσονται (they will be done away); εἴτε (if) γλῶσσαι (tongues), παύσονται (they will be ceased); εἴτε (if) γνῶσις (knowledge) καταργηθήσεται (it will pass away).
9 ἐκ (In) μέρους (part) γὰρ (for) γινώσκομεν (we know), καὶ (and) ἐκ (in) μέρους (part) προφητεύομεν (we prophesy);
10 ὅταν (when) δὲ (however) ἔλθῃ (should come) τὸ (the) τέλειον (perfect), τὸ (the) ἐκ (in) μέρους (part) καταργηθήσεται (will be done away).
11 Ὅτε (When) ἤμην (I was) νήπιος (a child), ἐλάλουν (I was speaking) ὡς (like) νήπιος (a child), ἐφρόνουν (I was thinking) ὡς (like) νήπιος (a child), ἐλογιζόμην (I was reasoning) ὡς (like) νήπιος (a child); ὅτε (when) γέγονα (I became) ἀνήρ (a man), κατήργηκα (I did away with) τὰ (the things) τοῦ (of the) νηπίου (child).
12 βλέπομεν (We see) γὰρ (for) ἄρτι (presently), δι’ (through) ἐσόπτρου (a glass) ἐν (in) αἰνίγματι (obscurity); τότε (then) δὲ (however), πρόσωπον (face) πρὸς (to) πρόσωπον (face); ἄρτι (presently), γινώσκω (I know) ἐκ (in) μέρους (part); τότε (then) δὲ (however) ἐπιγνώσομαι (I will know fully), καθὼς (as) καὶ (also) ἐπεγνώσθην (I have been fully known).
13 Νυνὶ (Now) δὲ (however) μένει (abide) πίστις (faith), ἐλπίς (hope), ἀγάπη (love), τὰ (the things) τρία (three) ταῦτα (these); μείζων (the greatest) δὲ (however) τούτων (of these is) ἡ ( ) ἀγάπη (love).

14:1 Διώκετε (Earnestly pursue) τὴν ( ) ἀγάπην (love);
ζηλοῦτε (earnestly desire) δὲ (now) τὰ ( ) πνευματικά (spiritual gifts), μᾶλλον (especially) δὲ (now) ἵνα (that) προφητεύητε (you might prophesy).
2 ὁ (The one) γὰρ (for) λαλῶν (speaking) γλώσσῃ (in a tongue), οὐκ (not) ἀνθρώποις (to men) λαλεῖ (speaks), ἀλλὰ (but) Θεῷ (to God); οὐδεὶς (no one) γὰρ (for) ἀκούει (hears); πνεύματι (in the Spirit) δὲ (however), λαλεῖ (he utters) μυστήρια (mysteries).
3 ὁ (The one) δὲ (however) προφητεύων (prophesying), ἀνθρώποις (to men) λαλεῖ (speaks for) οἰκοδομὴν (edification), καὶ (and) παράκλησιν (encouragement), καὶ (and) παραμυθίαν (consolation).
4 ὁ (The one) λαλῶν (speaking) γλώσσῃ (in a tongue), ἑαυτὸν (himself) οἰκοδομεῖ (edifies); ὁ (the one) δὲ (however) προφητεύων (prophesying), ἐκκλησίαν (the assembly) οἰκοδομεῖ (edifies).
5 Θέλω (I desire) δὲ (now) πάντας (all) ὑμᾶς (you) λαλεῖν (to speak) γλώσσαις (in tongues), μᾶλλον (rather) δὲ (however) ἵνα (that) προφητεύητε (you should prophesy); μείζων (greater is) δὲ (now) ὁ (the one) προφητεύων (prophesying) ἢ (than) ὁ (the one) λαλῶν (speaking) γλώσσαις (in tongues), ἐκτὸς (except) εἰ (if) μὴ (not) διερμηνεύῃ (he should interpret), ἵνα (so that) ἡ (the) ἐκκλησία (assembly) οἰκοδομὴν (edification) λάβῃ (might receive).
6 Νῦν (Now) δέ (however) ἀδελφοί (brothers), ἐὰν (if) ἔλθω (I should come) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you) γλώσσαις (in tongues) λαλῶν (speaking), τί (what) ὑμᾶς (you) ὠφελήσω (will I profit), ἐὰν (if) μὴ (not) ὑμῖν (to you) λαλήσω (I should speak) ἢ (either) ἐν (in) ἀποκαλύψει (revelation), ἢ (or) ἐν (in) γνώσει (knowledge), ἢ (or) ἐν (in) προφητείᾳ (prophecy), ἢ (or) ‹ἐν› (in) διδαχῇ (teaching)?
7 ὅμως (Even) τὰ ( ) ἄψυχα (lifeless things) φωνὴν (a sound) διδόντα (giving), εἴτε (whether) αὐλὸς (flute) εἴτε (or) κιθάρα (harp), ἐὰν (if) διαστολὴν (distinction) τοῖς (to the) φθόγγοις (sounds) μὴ (not) δῷ (they give), πῶς (how) γνωσθήσεται (will it be known) τὸ (what is) αὐλούμενον (being piped) ἢ (or) τὸ ( ) κιθαριζόμενον (being harped)?
8 Καὶ (Also) γὰρ (for) ἐὰν (if) ἄδηλον (indistinct) σάλπιγξ (the trumpet) ⇔ φωνὴν (sound) δῷ (gives), τίς (who) παρασκευάσεται (will prepare himself) εἰς (for) πόλεμον (battle)?
9 οὕτως (So) καὶ (also) ὑμεῖς (you), διὰ (with) τῆς (the) γλώσσης (tongue) ἐὰν (if) μὴ (not) εὔσημον (intelligible) λόγον (speech) δῶτε (you give), πῶς (how) γνωσθήσεται (will it be known) τὸ (what is) λαλούμενον (being spoken)? ἔσεσθε (You will be) γὰρ (for) εἰς (into) ἀέρα (the air) λαλοῦντες (speaking).
10 Τοσαῦτα (So many) εἰ (if) τύχοι (it may be) γένη (kinds) φωνῶν (of languages) εἰσιν (there are) ἐν (in) κόσμῳ (the world), καὶ (and) οὐδὲν (none) ἄφωνον (without meaning).
11 ἐὰν (If) οὖν (therefore) μὴ (not) εἰδῶ (I know) τὴν (the) δύναμιν (power) τῆς (of the) φωνῆς (sound), ἔσομαι (I will be) τῷ (to the one) λαλοῦντι (speaking) βάρβαρος (a foreigner), καὶ (and) ὁ (the one) λαλῶν (speaking) ἐν (to) ἐμοὶ (me) βάρβαρος (a foreigner).
12 Οὕτως (So) καὶ (also) ὑμεῖς (you), ἐπεὶ (since) ζηλωταί (zealous) ἐστε (you are) πνευμάτων (of spiritual gifts), πρὸς (for) τὴν (the) οἰκοδομὴν (edification) τῆς (of the) ἐκκλησίας (assembly), ζητεῖτε (search) ἵνα (that) περισσεύητε (you should cause it to abound).
13 Διὸ (Therefore) ὁ (the one) λαλῶν (speaking) γλώσσῃ (in a tongue), προσευχέσθω (let him pray) ἵνα (that) διερμηνεύῃ (he might interpret).
14 ἐὰν (If) γὰρ (for) προσεύχωμαι (I pray) γλώσσῃ (in a tongue), τὸ (the) πνεῦμά (spirit) μου (of me) προσεύχεται (prays), ὁ ( ) δὲ (but) νοῦς (the mind) μου (of me) ἄκαρπός (unfruitful) ἐστιν (is).
15 Τί (What) οὖν (then) ἐστιν (is it)? προσεύξομαι (I will pray) τῷ (with the) πνεύματι (spirit), προσεύξομαι (I will pray) δὲ (however) καὶ (also) τῷ (with the) νοΐ (mind). ψαλῶ (I will sing praise) τῷ (with the) πνεύματι (spirit), ψαλῶ (I will sing praise) δὲ (however) καὶ (also) τῷ (with the) νοΐ (mind).
16 ἐπεὶ (Otherwise) ἐὰν (if) εὐλογῇς (you bless) [ἐν] (with the) πνεύματι (spirit), ὁ (the one) ἀναπληρῶν (filling) τὸν (the) τόπον (place) τοῦ (of the) ἰδιώτου (uninstructed), πῶς (how) ἐρεῖ (will he say) τὸ (the) “Ἀμήν (Amen)” ἐπὶ (at) τῇ ( ) σῇ (your) εὐχαριστίᾳ (thanksgiving), ἐπειδὴ (since) τί (what) λέγεις (you say) οὐκ (not) οἶδεν (he knows)?
17 σὺ (You) μὲν (truly) γὰρ (for) καλῶς (well) εὐχαριστεῖς (are giving thanks), ἀλλ’ (but) ὁ (the) ἕτερος (other) οὐκ (not) οἰκοδομεῖται (is edified).
18 Εὐχαριστῶ (I thank) τῷ ( ) Θεῷ (God) πάντων (than all) ὑμῶν (of you) μᾶλλον (more), γλώσσαις (in tongues) λαλῶ (speaking);
19 ἀλλὰ (but) ἐν (in) ἐκκλησίᾳ (the assembly), θέλω (I desire) πέντε (five) λόγους (words) τῷ (with) νοΐ (the mind) μου (of me) λαλῆσαι (to speak) ἵνα (that) καὶ (also) ἄλλους (others) κατηχήσω (I might instruct), ἢ (rather than) μυρίους (ten thousand) λόγους (words) ἐν (in) γλώσσῃ (a tongue).
20 Ἀδελφοί (Brothers), μὴ (not) παιδία (children) γίνεσθε (be) ταῖς (in the) φρεσίν (minds). ἀλλὰ (Yet) τῇ (in the) κακίᾳ (evil), νηπιάζετε (be little children); ταῖς (in the) δὲ (however) φρεσὶν (thinking), τέλειοι (full grown) γίνεσθε (be).
21 ἐν (In) τῷ (the) νόμῳ (law) γέγραπται (it has been written) ὅτι ( ): “Ἐν (By) ἑτερογλώσσοις (other tongues), καὶ (and) ἐν (by) χείλεσιν (lips) ἑτέρων (other), λαλήσω (I will speak) τῷ (to the) λαῷ (people) τούτῳ (this), καὶ (and) οὐδ’ (not even) οὕτως (thus) εἰσακούσονταί (will they hear) μου (Me), λέγει (says) Κc (Κaisar).”
22 Ὥστε (So then) αἱ ( ) γλῶσσαι (tongues) εἰς (for) σημεῖόν (a sign) εἰσιν (are), οὐ (not) τοῖς (to those) πιστεύουσιν (believing), ἀλλὰ (but) τοῖς (to the) ἀπίστοις (unbelieving); ἡ ( ) δὲ (but) προφητεία (prophecy) οὐ (is not) τοῖς (to the) ἀπίστοις (unbelieving), ἀλλὰ (but) τοῖς (to the) πιστεύουσιν (believing).
23 Ἐὰν (If) οὖν (therefore) συνέλθῃ (gathers) ἡ (the) ἐκκλησία (assembly) ὅλη (whole) ἐπὶ (together) τὸ (the) αὐτὸ (place), καὶ (and) πάντες (all) λαλῶσιν (should speak) γλώσσαις (in tongues), εἰσέλθωσιν (come in) δὲ (however) ἰδιῶται (uninstructed ones) ἢ (or) ἄπιστοι (unbelievers), οὐκ (not) ἐροῦσιν (will they say) ὅτι (that) μαίνεσθε (you are mad)?
24 ἐὰν (If) δὲ (however) πάντες (all) προφητεύωσιν (prophesy), εἰσέλθῃ (should come in) δέ (then) τις (some) ἄπιστος (unbeliever) ἢ (or) ἰδιώτης (uninstructed), ἐλέγχεται (he is convicted) ὑπὸ (by) πάντων (all), ἀνακρίνεται (he is examined) ὑπὸ (by) πάντων (all),
25 τὰ (the) κρυπτὰ (secrets) τῆς (of the) καρδίας (heart) αὐτοῦ (of him) φανερὰ (manifest) γίνεται (become). καὶ (And) οὕτως (thus) πεσὼν (having fallen) ἐπὶ (upon) πρόσωπον (his face), προσκυνήσει (he will worship) τῷ ( ) Θεῷ (God), ἀπαγγέλλων (declaring) ὅτι (that) Ὄντως (certainly) ὁ ( ) Θεὸς (God) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) ἐστιν (is). Orderly Worship
26 Τί (What) οὖν (then) ἐστιν (is it), ἀδελφοί (brothers)? ὅταν (When) συνέρχησθε (you may come together), ἕκαστος (each) ψαλμὸν (a psalm) ἔχει (has), διδαχὴν (a teaching) ἔχει (has), ἀποκάλυψιν (a revelation) ἔχει (has), γλῶσσαν (a tongue) ἔχει (has), ἑρμηνείαν (an interpretation) ἔχει (has). πάντα (All things) πρὸς (for) οἰκοδομὴν (edification) γινέσθω (let be done).
27 Εἴτε (If) γλώσσῃ (with a tongue) τις (anyone) λαλεῖ (speaks), κατὰ (let it be by) δύο (two) ἢ (or) τὸ (the) πλεῖστον (most) τρεῖς (three), καὶ (and) ἀνὰ (in) μέρος (turn); καὶ (and) εἷς (one) διερμηνευέτω (let interpret).
28 ἐὰν (If) δὲ (however) μὴ (not) ᾖ (there is) διερμηνευτής (an interpreter), σιγάτω (let him be silent) ἐν (in) ἐκκλησίᾳ (the assembly); ἑαυτῷ (to himself) δὲ (then) λαλείτω (let him speak), καὶ (and) τῷ ( ) Θεῷ (to God).
29 Προφῆται (Prophets) δὲ (then), δύο (two) ἢ (or) τρεῖς (three) λαλείτωσαν (let speak), καὶ (and) οἱ (the) ἄλλοι (others) διακρινέτωσαν (let discern).
30 ἐὰν (If) δὲ (however) ἄλλῳ (to another) ἀποκαλυφθῇ (a revelation should be made) καθημένῳ (sitting by), ὁ (the) πρῶτος (first) σιγάτω (let be silent).
31 δύνασθε (You are able) γὰρ (for) καθ’ (one by) ἕνα (one) πάντες (all) προφητεύειν (to prophesy), ἵνα (so that) πάντες (all) μανθάνωσιν (may learn) καὶ (and) πάντες (all) παρακαλῶνται (may be exhorted).
32 καὶ (And) πνεύματα (spirits) προφητῶν (of prophets), προφήταις (to prophets) ὑποτάσσεται (are subject).
33 οὐ (Not) γάρ (for) ἐστιν (He is) ἀκαταστασίας (of disorder) ὁ (the) Θεὸς (God), ἀλλὰ (but) εἰρήνης (of peace).
Ὡς (As) ἐν (in) πάσαις (all) ταῖς (the) ἐκκλησίαις (assemblies) τῶν (of the) ἁγίων (saints),
34 αἱ (the) γυναῖκες (women) ἐν (in) ταῖς (the) ἐκκλησίαις (assemblies) σιγάτωσαν (let them be silent). οὐ (Not) γὰρ (for) ἐπιτρέπεται (it is allowed) αὐταῖς (to them) λαλεῖν (to speak), ἀλλὰ (but) ὑποτασσέσθωσαν (to be in submission), καθὼς (as) καὶ (also) ὁ (the) νόμος (law) λέγει (says).
35 εἰ (If) δέ (however) τι (anything) μαθεῖν (to learn) θέλουσιν (they desire), ἐν (at) οἴκῳ (home) τοὺς (the) ἰδίους (own) ἄνδρας (husbands) ἐπερωτάτωσαν (let them ask); αἰσχρὸν (shameful) γάρ (for) ἐστιν (it is) γυναικὶ (for a woman) λαλεῖν (to speak) ἐν (in) ἐκκλησίᾳ (the assembly).

36 Ἢ (Or) ἀφ’ (from) ὑμῶν (you) ὁ (the) λόγος (word) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) ἐξῆλθεν (has gone out)? ἢ (Or) εἰς (to) ὑμᾶς (you) μόνους (only) κατήντησεν (has it come)?
37 Εἴ (If) τις (anyone) δοκεῖ (considers) προφήτης (a prophet) εἶναι (himself to be), ἢ (or) πνευματικός (spiritual), ἐπιγινωσκέτω (let him recognize) ἃ (the things) γράφω (I write) ὑμῖν (to you) ὅτι (that) Κυ (Κaisar) ἐστὶν (are) ἐντολή (the commands).
38 εἰ (If) δέ (however) τις (anyone) ἀγνοεῖ (is ignorant), ἀγνοεῖται (let him be ignored).b
39 Ὥστε (So), ἀδελφοί (brothers) μου (of me), ζηλοῦτε (earnestly desire) τὸ ( ) προφητεύειν (to prophesy), καὶ (and) τὸ ( ) λαλεῖν (to speak) μὴ (not) κωλύετε (do forbid) γλώσσαις (in tongues).
40 πάντα (All things) δὲ (however) εὐσχημόνως (properly) καὶ (and) κατὰ (with) τάξιν (order) γινέσθω (let be done).

15:1 Γνωρίζω (I make known) δὲ (now) ὑμῖν (to you), ἀδελφοί (brothers), τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον (gospel) ὃ (that) εὐηγγελισάμην (I proclaimed) ὑμῖν (to you), ὃ (which) καὶ (also) παρελάβετε (you received), ἐν (in) ᾧ (which) καὶ (also) ἑστήκατε (you stand),
2 δι’ (by) οὗ (which) καὶ (also) σῴζεσθε (you are being saved), τίνι (to the) λόγῳ (word) εὐηγγελισάμην (I proclaimed) ὑμῖν (to you), εἰ (if) κατέχετε (you hold fast); ἐκτὸς (unless) εἰ (if) μὴ (not), εἰκῇ (in vain) ἐπιστεύσατε (you have believed).
3 Παρέδωκα (I delivered) γὰρ (for) ὑμῖν (to you) ἐν (in) πρώτοις (the foremost) ὃ (what) καὶ (also) παρέλαβον (I received), ὅτι (that) Χς (Chrestos) ἀπέθανεν (died) ὑπὲρ (for) τῶν (the) ἁμαρτιῶν (sins) ἡμῶν (of us) κατὰ (according to) τὰς (the) γραφάς (Scriptures),
4 καὶ (and) ὅτι (that) ἐτάφη (He was buried), καὶ (and) ὅτι (that) ἐγήγερται (He was raised) τῇ (the) ἡμέρᾳ (day) τῇ (the) τρίτῃ (third) κατὰ (according to) τὰς (the) γραφάς (Scriptures),
5 καὶ (and) ὅτι (that) ὤφθη (He appeared) Κηφᾷ (to Cephas),a εἶτα (then) τοῖς (to the) δώδεκα (Twelve).
6 ἔπειτα (Thereafter) ὤφθη (He appeared) ἐπάνω (to more than) πεντακοσίοις (five hundred) ἀδελφοῖς (brothers) ἐφάπαξ (at once), ἐξ (of) ὧν (whom) οἱ (the) πλείονες (greater part) μένουσιν (remain) ἕως (until) ἄρτι (now); τινὲς (some) δὲ (however) ἐκοιμήθησαν (have fallen asleep).
7 ἔπειτα (Then) ὤφθη (He appeared) Ἰακώβῳ (to James), εἶτα (then) τοῖς (to the) ἀποστόλοις (apostles) πᾶσιν (all).
8 ἔσχατον (Last) δὲ (then) πάντων (of all), ὡσπερεὶ (as) τῷ (the) ἐκτρώματι (untimely birth), ὤφθη (He appeared) κἀμοί (also to me).
9 Ἐγὼ (I) γάρ (for) εἰμι (am) ὁ (the) ἐλάχιστος (least) τῶν (of the) ἀποστόλων (apostles), ὃς (who) οὐκ (not) εἰμὶ (am) ἱκανὸς (fit) καλεῖσθαι (to be called) ἀπόστολος (an apostle), διότι (because) ἐδίωξα (I persecuted) τὴν (the) ἐκκλησίαν (assembly) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God).
10 χάριτι (By the grace) δὲ (however) Θεοῦ (of God), εἰμι (I am) ὅ (what) εἰμι (I am), καὶ (and) ἡ (the) χάρις (grace) αὐτοῦ (of Him) ἡ ( ) εἰς (toward) ἐμὲ (me) οὐ (not) κενὴ (void) ἐγενήθη (has been). ἀλλὰ (Rather), περισσότερον (more abundantly) αὐτῶν (than them) πάντων (all) ἐκοπίασα (I toiled), οὐκ (not) ἐγὼ (I) δὲ (however), ἀλλὰ (but) ἡ (the) χάρις (grace) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God) ‹ἡ› (that was) σὺν (with) ἐμοί (me).
11 εἴτε (Whether) οὖν (therefore) ἐγὼ (I) εἴτε (or) ἐκεῖνοι (they), οὕτως (thus) κηρύσσομεν (we preach), καὶ (and) οὕτως (thus) ἐπιστεύσατε (you believed).
12 Εἰ (If) δὲ (now) Χς (Chrestos) κηρύσσεται (is preached) ὅτι (that) ἐκ (out from) νεκρῶν (the dead) ἐγήγερται (He has been raised), πῶς (how) λέγουσιν (say) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) τινες (some) ὅτι (that) ἀνάστασις (a resurrection) νεκρῶν (of the dead) οὐκ (not) ἔστιν (there is)?
13 εἰ (If) δὲ (however) ἀνάστασις (a resurrection) νεκρῶν (of the dead) οὐκ (not) ἔστιν (there is), οὐδὲ (neither) Χς (Chrestos) ἐγήγερται (has been raised);
14 εἰ (if) δὲ (then) Χς (Chrestos) οὐκ (not) ἐγήγερται (has been raised), κενὸν (is void) ἄρα (then) [καὶ] (also) τὸ (the) κήρυγμα (preaching) ἡμῶν (of us), κενὴ (void) καὶ (also) ἡ (the) πίστις (faith) ὑμῶν (of you).
15 εὑρισκόμεθα (We are found) δὲ (then) καὶ (also) ψευδομάρτυρες (false witnesses) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (of God), ὅτι (because) ἐμαρτυρήσαμεν (we have witnessed) κατὰ (concerning) τοῦ ( ) Θεοῦ (God), ὅτι (that) ἤγειρεν (He raised up) τὸν ( ) Χν (Chrestos), ὃν (whom) οὐκ (not) ἤγειρεν (He has raised) εἴπερ (if) ἄρα (then) νεκροὶ (the dead) οὐκ (not) ἐγείρονται (are raised).
16 Εἰ (If) γὰρ (for) νεκροὶ (the dead) οὐκ (not) ἐγείρονται (are raised), οὐδὲ (neither) Χς (Chrestos) ἐγήγερται (has been raised);
17 εἰ (if) δὲ (then) Χς (Chrestos) οὐκ (not) ἐγήγερται (has been raised), ματαία (futile) ἡ (the) πίστις (faith) ὑμῶν (of you) (ἐστίν) (is); ἔτι (still) ἐστὲ (you are) ἐν (in) ταῖς (the) ἁμαρτίαις (sins) ὑμῶν (of you).
18 ἄρα (Then) καὶ (also) οἱ (those) κοιμηθέντες (having fallen asleep) ἐν (in) Χῷ (Chrestos) ἀπώλοντο (have perished).
19 εἰ (If) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) ζωῇ (life) ταύτῃ (this), ἐν (in) Χῷ (Chrestos) ἠλπικότες (having hope) ἐσμὲν (we are), μόνον (only), ἐλεεινότεροι (more to be pitied) πάντων (than all) ἀνθρώπων (men) ἐσμέν (we are). The Order of Resurrection
20 Νυνὶ (Now) δὲ (however) Χς (Chrestos) ἐγήγερται (has been raised) ἐκ (out from) νεκρῶν (the dead), ἀπαρχὴ (firstfruit) τῶν (of those) κεκοιμημένων (having fallen asleep).
21 ἐπειδὴ (Since) γὰρ (for) δι’ (by) ἀνθρώπου (a man came) θάνατος (death), καὶ (also) δι’ (by) ἀνθρώπου (a man) ἀνάστασις (resurrection) νεκρῶν (of the dead).
22 ὥσπερ (For as) γὰρ (indeed) ἐν (in) τῷ ( ) Ἀδὰμ (Adam) πάντες (all) ἀποθνήσκουσιν (die), οὕτως (so) καὶ (also) ἐν (in) τῷ ( ) Χῷ (Chrestos), πάντες (all) ζωοποιηθήσονται (will be made alive).
23 Ἕκαστος (Each) δὲ (however) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) ἰδίῳ (own) τάγματι (order): ἀπαρχὴ (the firstfruit) Χς (Chrestos), ἔπειτα (then) οἱ (those) τοῦ (of) Χῦ (Chrestos) ἐν (at) τῇ (the) παρουσίᾳ (coming) αὐτοῦ (of Him);
24 εἶτα (then) τὸ (the) τέλος (end), ὅταν (when) παραδιδῷ* (He shall hand over) τὴν (the) βασιλείαν (kingdom) τῷ (to the) Θεῷ (God) καὶ (and) Πατρί (Father), ὅταν (when) καταργήσῃ (He shall have annulled) πᾶσαν (all) ἀρχὴν (dominion) καὶ (and) πᾶσαν (all) ἐξουσίαν (authority) καὶ (and) δύναμιν (power).
25 δεῖ (It behooves) γὰρ (for) αὐτὸν (Him) βασιλεύειν (to reign) ἄχρι (until) οὗ (that) θῇ (He shall have put) πάντας (all) τοὺς (the) ἐχθροὺς (enemies) ὑπὸ (under) τοὺς (the) πόδας (feet) αὐτοῦ (of Him).
26 ἔσχατος (The last) ἐχθρὸς (enemy) καταργεῖται (to be abolished is) ὁ ( ) θάνατος (death).
27 “Πάντα (All things),” γὰρ (for) “Ὑπέταξεν (He has put in subjection), ὑπὸ (under) τοὺς (the) πόδας (feet) αὐτοῦ (of Him).”b ὅταν (When) δὲ (however) εἴπῃ (it may be said) ὅτι (that) πάντα (all things) ὑποτέτακται (have been put in subjection), δῆλον (it is evident) ὅτι (that) ἐκτὸς (is excepted) τοῦ (the One) ὑποτάξαντος (having put in subjection) αὐτῷ (to Him) τὰ ( ) πάντα (all things).
28 ὅταν (When) δὲ (now) ὑποταγῇ (shall have been put in subjection) αὐτῷ (to Him) τὰ ( ) πάντα (all things), τότε (then) καὶ (also) αὐτὸς (Himself) ὁ (the) Υἱὸς (Son) ὑποταγήσεται (will be put in subjection) τῷ (to the One) ὑποτάξαντι (having put in subjection) αὐτῷ (to Him) τὰ ( ) πάντα (all things), ἵνα (so that) ᾖ (may be) ὁ ( ) Θεὸς (God) [τὰ] ( ) πάντα (all) ἐν (in) πᾶσιν (all).
29 Ἐπεὶ (Otherwise) τί (what) ποιήσουσιν (will they do) οἱ (who) βαπτιζόμενοι (are baptized) ὑπὲρ (for) τῶν (the) νεκρῶν (dead)? εἰ (If) ὅλως (at all) νεκροὶ (the dead) οὐκ (not) ἐγείρονται (are raised), τί (why) καὶ (also) βαπτίζονται (are they baptized) ὑπὲρ (for) αὐτῶν (them)?
30 τί (Why) καὶ (also), ἡμεῖς (we) κινδυνεύομεν (are in danger) πᾶσαν (every) ὥραν (hour)?
31 καθ’ (Every) ἡμέραν (day) ἀποθνῄσκων (I die), νὴ (as surely as) τὴν (the) ὑμετέραν (in you) καύχησιν (boasting), ἀδελφοί (brothers) ἣν (which) ἔχω (I have) ἐν (in) Χῷ (Chrestos) Ἰῦ (Iulius) τῷ (the) Κῳ (Kaisar) ἡμῶν (of us).
32 εἰ (If) κατὰ (according to) ἄνθρωπον (man), ἐθηριομάχησα (I fought wild beasts) ἐν (in) Ἐφέσῳ (Ephesus), τί (what) μοι (to me) τὸ (the) ὄφελος (profit)? εἰ (If) νεκροὶ (the dead) οὐκ (not) ἐγείρονται (are raised), “Φάγωμεν (Let us eat) καὶ (and) πίωμεν (let us drink), αὔριον (tomorrow) γὰρ (for) ἀποθνήσκομεν (we die).”c
33 Μὴ (Not) πλανᾶσθε (be misled): “Φθείρουσιν (Do corrupt) ἤθη (morals) χρηστὰ (good), ὁμιλίαι (companionships) κακαί (bad).”
34 ἐκνήψατε (Sober up) δικαίως (righteously) καὶ (and) μὴ (not) ἁμαρτάνετε (sin); ἀγνωσίαν (ignorance) γὰρ (for) Θεοῦ (of God) τινες (some) ἔχουσιν (have); πρὸς (to) ἐντροπὴν (the shame) ὑμῖν (of you) λαλῶ (I speak).
35 Ἀλλὰ (But) ἐρεῖ (will say) τις (someone), “Πῶς (How) ἐγείρονται (are raised) οἱ (the) νεκροί (dead)? ποίῳ (With what) δὲ (then) σώματι (body) ἔρχονται (do they come)?”
36 ἄφρων (Fool) σὺ (you)! ὃ (What) σπείρεις (you sow) οὐ (not) ζωοποιεῖται (does come to life), ἐὰν (if) μὴ (not) ἀποθάνῃ (it dies).
37 καὶ (And) ὃ (what) σπείρεις (you sow), οὐ (not) τὸ (the) σῶμα (body) τὸ (that) γενησόμενον (will be) σπείρεις (you sow), ἀλλὰ (but) γυμνὸν (a bare) κόκκον (grain), εἰ (if) τύχοι (it may be) σίτου (of wheat), ἤ (or) τινος (of some) τῶν (of the) λοιπῶν (rest).
38 ὁ ( ) δὲ (But) Θεὸς (God) δίδωσιν (gives) αὐτῷ (it) σῶμα (a body), καθὼς (as) ἠθέλησεν (He has willed), καὶ (and) ἑκάστῳ (to each) τῶν (of the) σπερμάτων (seeds), ἴδιον (its own) σῶμα (body).
39 Οὐ (Not) πᾶσα (all) σὰρξ (flesh is) ἡ (the) αὐτὴ (same) σάρξ (flesh), ἀλλὰ (but) ἄλλη (one) μὲν (indeed) ἀνθρώπων (of men), ἄλλη (another) δὲ (now) σὰρξ (flesh) κτηνῶν (of beasts), ἄλλη (another) δὲ (now) σὰρξ (flesh) πτηνῶν (of birds), ἄλλη (another) δὲ (now) ἰχθύων (of fish).
40 καὶ (And) σώματα (bodies there are) ἐπουράνια (heavenly), καὶ (and) σώματα (bodies) ἐπίγεια (earthly). ἀλλὰ (But) ἑτέρα (one) μὲν (truly) ἡ (is the) τῶν (of the) ἐπουρανίων (heavenly) δόξα (glory), ἑτέρα (another) δὲ (now) ἡ (that) τῶν (of the) ἐπιγείων (earthly).
41 ἄλλη (One is) δόξα (the glory) ἡλίου (of the sun), καὶ (and) ἄλλη (another) δόξα (the glory) σελήνης (of the moon), καὶ (and) ἄλλη (another) δόξα (the glory) ἀστέρων (of the stars); ἀστὴρ (star) γὰρ (for) ἀστέρος (from star) διαφέρει (differs) ἐν (in) δόξῃ (glory).
42 Οὕτως (So) καὶ (also is) ἡ (the) ἀνάστασις (resurrection) τῶν (of the) νεκρῶν (dead). σπείρεται (It is sown) ἐν (in) φθορᾷ (decay), ἐγείρεται (it is raised) ἐν (in) ἀφθαρσίᾳ (immortality).
43 σπείρεται (It is sown) ἐν (in) ἀτιμίᾳ (dishonor), ἐγείρεται (it is raised) ἐν (in) δόξῃ (glory). σπείρεται (It is sown) ἐν (in) ἀσθενείᾳ (weakness), ἐγείρεται (it is raised) ἐν (in) δυνάμει (power).
44 σπείρεται (It is sown) σῶμα (a body) ψυχικόν (natural), ἐγείρεται (it is raised) σῶμα (a body) πνευματικόν (spiritual).
Εἰ (If) ἔστιν (there is) σῶμα (a body) ψυχικόν (natural), ἔστιν (there is) καὶ (also) πνευματικόν (spiritual).
45 οὕτως (So) καὶ (also) γέγραπται (it has been written): “Ἐγένετο (Became) ὁ (the) πρῶτος (first) ἄνθρωπος (man) Ἀδὰμ (Adam) εἰς (into) ψυχὴν (a soul) ζῶσαν (living); ὁ (the) ἔσχατος (last) Ἀδὰμ (Adam) εἰς (into) πνεῦμα (a spirit) ζωοποιοῦν (life giving).”e
46 Ἀλλ’ (However) οὐ (not) πρῶτον (first was) τὸ (the) πνευματικὸν (spiritual), ἀλλὰ (but) τὸ (the) ψυχικόν (natural), ἔπειτα (then) τὸ (the) πνευματικόν (spiritual).
47 ὁ (The) πρῶτος (first) ἄνθρωπος (man) ἐκ (was from) γῆς (the earth), χοϊκός (made of dust); ὁ (the) δεύτερος (second) ἄνθρωπος (man) ἐξ (from) οὐρανοῦ (heaven).
48 οἷος (As) ὁ (the one) χοϊκός (made of dust), τοιοῦτοι (so) καὶ (also are) οἱ (those) χοϊκοί (of the earth); καὶ (and) οἷος (as) ὁ (the) ἐπουράνιος (heavenly one), τοιοῦτοι (so) καὶ (also) οἱ (those) ἐπουράνιοι (of heaven).
49 καὶ (And) καθὼς (as) ἐφορέσαμεν (we have born) τὴν (the) εἰκόνα (image) τοῦ (of the) χοϊκοῦ (earthly), φορέσομεν (we shall bear) καὶ (also) τὴν (the) εἰκόνα (image) τοῦ (of the) ἐπουρανίου (heavenly). Where O Death is Your Victory?(Isaiah 57:1 2; Hosea 13:14)
50 Τοῦτο (This) δέ (now) φημι (I say), ἀδελφοί (brothers), ὅτι (that) σὰρξ (flesh) καὶ (and) αἷμα (blood), βασιλείαν (the kingdom) Θεοῦ (of God) κληρονομῆσαι (to inherit) οὐ (not) δύναται (is able), οὐδὲ (nor) ἡ (the) φθορὰ (decay), τὴν (the) ἀφθαρσίαν (immortality) κληρονομεῖ (does inherit).
51 Ἰδοὺ (Behold), μυστήριον (a mystery) ὑμῖν (to you) λέγω (I tell). πάντες (All) οὐ (not) κοιμηθησόμεθα (we will sleep); πάντες (all) δὲ (however) ἀλλαγησόμεθα (we will be changed) —
52 ἐν (in) ἀτόμῳ (an instant), ἐν (in) ῥιπῇ (the twinkling) ὀφθαλμοῦ (of an eye), ἐν (at) τῇ (the) ἐσχάτῃ (last) σάλπιγγι (trumpet). σαλπίσει (The trumpet will sound) γάρ (for), καὶ (and) οἱ (the) νεκροὶ (dead) ἐγερθήσονται (will be raised) ἄφθαρτοι (imperishable), καὶ (and) ἡμεῖς (we) ἀλλαγησόμεθα (will be changed).
53 δεῖ (It behooves) γὰρ (for) τὸ (the) φθαρτὸν (perishable) τοῦτο (this), ἐνδύσασθαι (to put on) ἀφθαρσίαν (imperishable); καὶ (and) τὸ (the) θνητὸν (mortal) τοῦτο (this), ἐνδύσασθαι (to put on) ἀθανασίαν (immortality).
54 Ὅταν (When) δὲ (now) τὸ (the) φθαρτὸν (perishable) τοῦτο (this) ἐνδύσηται (shall have put on) (τὴν) (the) ἀφθαρσίαν (imperishable), καὶ (and) τὸ (the) θνητὸν (mortal) τοῦτο (this) ἐνδύσηται (shall have put on) ἀθανασίαν (immortality), τότε (then) γενήσεται (will come to pass) ὁ (the) λόγος (word) ὁ ( ) γεγραμμένος (having been written): “Κατεπόθη (Has been swallowed up) ὁ ( ) θάνατος (death) εἰς (in) νῖκος (victory).”f
55 “Ποῦ (Where) σου (of you), θάνατε (O death), τὸ (the) νῖκος (victory)? ποῦ (Where) σου (of you), θάνατε (O death), τὸ (the) κέντρον (sting)?”
56 Τὸ ( ) δὲ (And) κέντρον (the sting) τοῦ ( ) θανάτου (of death is) ἡ ( ) ἁμαρτία (sin); ἡ ( ) δὲ (and) δύναμις (the power) τῆς ( ) ἁμαρτίας (of sin), ὁ (the) νόμος (law);
57 τῷ (to) δὲ (however) Θεῷ (God) χάρις (be thanks), τῷ (the One) διδόντι (giving) ἡμῖν (us) τὸ (the) νῖκος (victory) διὰ (through) τοῦ (the) Κυ (Kaisar) ἡμῶν (of us) Ἰῦ (Iulius) Χῦ (Chrestos).
58 Ὥστε (Therefore), ἀδελφοί (brothers) μου (of me) ἀγαπητοί (beloved), ἑδραῖοι (steadfast) γίνεσθε (be), ἀμετακίνητοι (immovable), περισσεύοντες (abounding) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) ἔργῳ (work) τοῦ (of the) Κυ (Κaisar) πάντοτε (always), εἰδότες (knowing) ὅτι (that) ὁ (the) κόπος (toil) ὑμῶν (of you) οὐκ (not) ἔστιν (is) κενὸς (in vain) ἐν (in) Κw (Κaisar).

16:1 Περὶ (Concerning) δὲ (now) τῆς (the) λογείας* (collection) τῆς (which is) εἰς (for) τοὺς (the) ἁγίους (saints), ὥσπερ (as) διέταξα (I have directed) ταῖς (the) ἐκκλησίαις (assemblies) τῆς ( ) Γαλατίας (of Galatia), οὕτως (so) καὶ (also) ὑμεῖς (you) ποιήσατε (are to do).
2 κατὰ (Every) μίαν (first) σαββάτου (of the week), ἕκαστος (each) ὑμῶν (of you) παρ’ (aside) ἑαυτῷ (him) τιθέτω (let put), θησαυρίζων (treasuring up) ὅ¦τι (what) ἐὰν (if) εὐοδῶται (he may be prospered in), ἵνα (so that) μὴ (not) ὅταν (when) ἔλθω (I might come) τότε (then) λογεῖαι* (collections) γίνωνται (there should be).
3 ὅταν (When) δὲ (then) παραγένωμαι (I shall have arrived), οὓς (whomever) ἐὰν (if) δοκιμάσητε (you might approve), δι’ (with) ἐπιστολῶν (letters) τούτους (these) πέμψω (I will send) ἀπενεγκεῖν (to carry) τὴν (the) χάριν (bounty) ὑμῶν (of you) εἰς (to) Ἰερουσαλήμ (Jerusalem).
4 ἐὰν (If) δὲ (then) ἄξιον (suitable) ᾖ (it is) τοῦ (for) κἀμὲ (me also) πορεύεσθαι (to go), σὺν (with) ἐμοὶ (me) πορεύσονται (they will go). Paul's Travel Plans(Romans 15:23 33)
5 Ἐλεύσομαι (I will come) δὲ (however) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you), ὅταν (when) Μακεδονίαν (Macedonia) διέλθω (I shall have gone through); Μακεδονίαν (Macedonia) γὰρ (for) διέρχομαι (I am going through).
6 πρὸς (With) ὑμᾶς (you) δὲ (then) τυχὸν (possibly) παραμενῶ* (I will stay), ἢ (or) καὶ (even) παραχειμάσω (I will winter), ἵνα (so that) ὑμεῖς (you) με (me) προπέμψητε (may equip), οὗ (wherever) ἐὰν (if) πορεύωμαι (I may go).
7 οὐ (Not) θέλω (I want) γὰρ (for) ὑμᾶς (you) ἄρτι (now) ἐν (in) παρόδῳ (passing) ἰδεῖν (to see); ἐλπίζω (I hope) γὰρ (indeed) χρόνον (a time) τινὰ (certain) ἐπιμεῖναι (to remain) πρὸς (with) ὑμᾶς (you), ἐὰν (if) ὁ (the) Κc (Κaisar) ἐπιτρέψῃ (permits).
8 ἐπιμενῶ (I will remain) δὲ (however) ἐν (in) Ἐφέσῳ (Ephesus) ἕως (until) τῆς ( ) Πεντηκοστῆς (Pentecost).
9 θύρα (A door) γάρ (for) μοι (to me) ἀνέῳγεν (has opened) μεγάλη (great) καὶ (and) ἐνεργής (productive), καὶ (and) ἀντικείμενοι (are opposing) πολλοί (many).
10 Ἐὰν (If) δὲ (now) ἔλθῃ (comes) Τιμόθεος (Timothy), βλέπετε (see) ἵνα (that) ἀφόβως (without fear) γένηται (he might be) πρὸς (with) ὑμᾶς (you); τὸ (the) γὰρ (for) ἔργον (work) Κυ (Κaisar) ἐργάζεται (he is doing), ὡς (as) κἀγώ (also I).
11 μή (Not) τις (anyone) οὖν (therefore) αὐτὸν (him) ἐξουθενήσῃ (should despise). προπέμψατε (Equip) δὲ (however) αὐτὸν (him) ἐν (in) εἰρήνῃ (peace), ἵνα (so that) ἔλθῃ (he might come) πρός (to) με (me); ἐκδέχομαι (I am expecting) γὰρ (for) αὐτὸν (him), μετὰ (with) τῶν (the) ἀδελφῶν (brothers).
12 Περὶ (Concerning) δὲ (now) Ἀπολλῶ (Apollos) τοῦ (the) ἀδελφοῦ (brother), πολλὰ (greatly) παρεκάλεσα (I exhorted) αὐτὸν (him) ἵνα (that) ἔλθῃ (he should go) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you) μετὰ (with) τῶν (the) ἀδελφῶν (brothers), καὶ (and) πάντως (at all) οὐκ (not) ἦν (was) θέλημα (his will) ἵνα (that) νῦν (now) ἔλθῃ (he should come); ἐλεύσεται (he will come) δὲ (however) ὅταν (when) εὐκαιρήσῃ (he shall have opportunity). Concluding Exhortations
13 Γρηγορεῖτε (Watch you); στήκετε (stand firm) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) πίστει (faith); ἀνδρίζεσθε (act like men); κραταιοῦσθε (be strong).
14 πάντα (All things) ὑμῶν (of you), ἐν (in) ἀγάπῃ (love) γινέσθω (let be done).
15 Παρακαλῶ (I exhort) δὲ (now) ὑμᾶς (you), ἀδελφοί (brothers), οἴδατε (you know) τὴν (the) οἰκίαν (house) Στεφανᾶ (of Stephanas), ὅτι (that) ἐστὶν (it is) ἀπαρχὴ (firstfruit) τῆς ( ) Ἀχαΐας (of Achaia), καὶ (and) εἰς (to) διακονίαν (service) τοῖς (to the) ἁγίοις (saints), ἔταξαν (they have devoted) ἑαυτούς (themselves),
16 ἵνα (that) καὶ (also) ὑμεῖς (you) ὑποτάσσησθε (be subject) τοῖς ( ) τοιούτοις (to such as these), καὶ (and) παντὶ (to everyone) τῷ ( ) συνεργοῦντι (joining in the work) καὶ (and) κοπιῶντι (laboring).
17 Χαίρω (I rejoice) δὲ (however) ἐπὶ (at) τῇ (the) παρουσίᾳ (coming) Στεφανᾶ (of Stephanas), καὶ (and) Φορτουνάτου (Fortunatus), καὶ (and) Ἀχαϊκοῦ (Achaicus); ὅτι (because) τὸ ( ) ὑμέτερον (your) ὑστέρημα (deficiency), οὗτοι (these) ἀνεπλήρωσαν (have filled up).
18 ἀνέπαυσαν (They refreshed) γὰρ (for) τὸ ( ) ἐμὸν (my) πνεῦμα (spirit) καὶ (and) τὸ ( ) ὑμῶν (yours). ἐπιγινώσκετε (Recognize) οὖν (therefore) τοὺς ( ) τοιούτους (such as these).
19 Ἀσπάζονται (Greet) ὑμᾶς (you), αἱ (the) ἐκκλησίαι (assemblies) τῆς ( ) Ἀσίας (of Asia). Ἀσπάζεται (Greet) ὑμᾶς (you) ἐν (in) Κw (Κaisar) πολλὰ (heartily), Ἀκύλας (Aquila) καὶ (and) Πρίσκα (Prisca),a σὺν (with) τῇ (the) κατ’ (at) οἶκον (house) αὐτῶν (of them) ἐκκλησίᾳ (assembly).
20 Ἀσπάζονται (Greet) ὑμᾶς (you), οἱ (the) ἀδελφοὶ (brothers) πάντες (all). Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) ἀλλήλους (one another) ἐν (with) φιλήματι (a kiss) ἁγίῳ (holy).
21 Ὁ (The) ἀσπασμὸς (greeting), τῇ (the) ἐμῇ (own) χειρὶ (hand) Παύλου (of Paul).
22 Εἴ (If) τις (anyone) οὐ (not) φιλεῖ (loves) τὸν (the) Κv (Κaisar), ἤτω (let him be) ἀνάθεμα (accursed). Μαράνα* (Marana) θά* (tha)!b
23 Ἡ (The) χάρις (grace) τοῦ (of the) Κυρίου (Κaisar) Ἰῦ (Iulius) μεθ’ (be with) ὑμῶν (you).
24 Ἡ (The) ἀγάπη (love) μου (of Me) μετὰ (be with) πάντων (all) ὑμῶν (you) ἐν (in) Χῷ (Chrestos) Ἰῦ (Iulius). ⧼Ἀμήν⧽ (Amen)

*viewtopic.php?p=100479#p1004
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Doesn't this predicate itself on the idea that Christianity is a 'fake cult'? Sort of like Guiseppe's 'mythicism'? Or mountainman's Constantine conspiracy? Who likes their boss? So an Imperial cult developed which used Jewish scripture to prove that ...? What is possible development between the Imperial cult and the Jewish expectation of the messiah? That Josephus identified Vespasian as the 'star'? But Josephus was a war captive. Why would their be a spontaneously created cult of the 'big cheese' that was later persecuted by the state? And for what reason was it persecuted? It doesn't make sense to me. Who is the guy who is walking around Judea identified by 'IC' in the manuscripts? Julius Caesar? So the gospel is the story of the crucifixion of Caesar? Maybe that's why the Imperial authorities didn't like it.
Last edited by Secret Alias on Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

I have gone with 1 Corinthians as it seems to be accepted as authentic for the most part to a historical Paul by most scholars.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

But since the nomen sacrum appears in the gospel are you suggesting that it was the story of Julius Caesar's eventual crucifixion in Judea? Should we also try 'John Coltrane' that the famous American jazz musician might have been the one who ended up touring Judea? I am not sure what you are saying.
mlinssen

Post by mlinssen »

lclapshaw wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:44 pm I have gone with 1 Corinthians as it seems to be accepted as authentic for the most part to a historical Paul by most scholars.
I'm just gonna throw in

viewtopic.php?p=135408#p135408

for the proper source to use with this
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

Secret Alias wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:40 pm Doesn't this predicate itself on the idea that Christianity is a 'fake cult'? Sort of like Guiseppe's 'mythicism'? Or mountainman's Constantine conspiracy? Who likes their boss? So an Imperial cult developed which used Jewish scripture to prove that ...? What is possible development between the Imperial cult and the Jewish expectation of the messiah? That Josephus identified Vespasian as the 'star'? But Josephus was a war captive. Why would their be a spontaneously created cult of the 'big cheese' that was later persecuted by the state? And for what reason was it persecuted? It doesn't make sense to me. Who is the guy who is walking around Judea identified by 'IC' in the manuscripts? Julius Caesar? So the gospel is the story of the crucifixion of Caesar? Maybe that's why the Imperial authorities didn't like it.
Cummon man! this is from the first page.
Now I want to be very clear, I am not pushing an agenda with this. This is simply a proof of concept, nothing more. It is simply to look at and possibly study. It is a data dump.
I am simply presenting 1 Corinthians with IC, XC, KC rendered as Iulius, Chrestos, and Kaisar to see if it works at all.

That's all. :wtf:

Does it?

Lane
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

mlinssen wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:55 pm
lclapshaw wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:44 pm I have gone with 1 Corinthians as it seems to be accepted as authentic for the most part to a historical Paul by most scholars.
I'm just gonna throw in

viewtopic.php?p=135408#p135408

for the proper source to use with this
Right on bud! Thanks! :cheers:
MrMacSon

Post by MrMacSon »

lclapshaw wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:27 pm Κυ (Kaisar)

lclapshaw wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:27 pm Ἰῦ (Iulius)