“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” as anti-marcionite evidence

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” as anti-marcionite evidence

Post by Giuseppe »

Another evidence that Mark was based on Marcion's Evangelion:

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said,
Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit:
and having said this, he expired.

Compare Mark 15:33:

At noon, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon. 34 And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

...with Gospel of Peter:

And the Lord screamed out, saying: 'My power, O power, you have forsaken me.' And having said this, he was taken up.

...and Acts 8:9-10:

9 Now for some time a man named Simon had practiced sorcery in the city and amazed all the people of Samaria. He boasted that he was someone great, 10 and all the people, both high and low, gave him their attention and exclaimed, “This man is rightly called the Great Power of God.

If Jesus was abandoned by the 'power' on the cross, it was because he was "Simon of Cyrene", alias Simon Magus, called 'the Great Power of God'.

Now, the Gospel of Peter is clearly indebted to Marcion, since Simon Magus/''Simon of Cyrene'' believed in the same Unknown Father adored by Marcion.

Accordingly, insofar Mark replaces 'my god, my god' to 'my power, my power', he is de facto replacing the Unknown Father adored by Marcion with YHWH, the god of the Jews.