A Breakthrough in My Ishu Theory

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
schillingklaus

Re: A Breakthrough in My Ishu Theory

Post by schillingklaus »

In the same vein, there is the third chapter of the Epistula Apistolorum, an anonymous patristic writing.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

And έσω άνθρωπος
Jax

Post by Jax »

Does anyone here have any idea where I can get a copy of Nomina Sacra in the Greek Papyri of the First Five Centuries by Paap?
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

It's in archive.org I am pretty sure. I used it from there.
mlinssen

Post by mlinssen »

Jax wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:39 pm Does anyone here have any idea where I can get a copy of Nomina Sacra in the Greek Papyri of the First Five Centuries by Paap?
https://archive.org/details/nominasacra ... 6/mode/2up
Jax

Post by Jax »

Thanks guys. Looks like someone else is borrowing it right now so I have to wait.
schillingklaus

Post by schillingklaus »

The Improperia of Good Friday liturgy fall into the same categgory. They accuse Israel of having slain the one who has done so many good things to the people, starting with the exodus from Egypt.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Other people who read IS + ISSA in Genesis:

Olof Sigfrid Arngart (20th century Swedish linguist) The Story of Genesis and Exodus An Early English Song, about 1250 A.D. Author: Unknown Editor

Page 163 , line 13 fr . bottom , add : Cf. Com . Gen. 18 , et est sumptum nomen ( 8c . uxoris ) a viri nomine , ut materia de materia sumpta fuerat . Etiam denominatio in Hebraeo est . Is enim vir dicitur , unde denominatur ista, ut a vir virago: hoc nomen proprium illius mulieris fuit, nunc omnium est commune.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

This certainly sounds like IC = man (even though the nomen sacrum isn't used):

Therefore man is in man (Ἄνθρωπος γοῦν ἐστιν ἐν ἀνθρώπῳ), "psychic" in "earthly," not consist ing as part to part but united as whole to whole by God's unspeakable power (ἀρρήτῳ δυνάμει Θεοῦ). Therefore he was created in Paradise in the fourth heaven. For there earthly flesh does not ascend but it was to the divine soul as material flesh. This is the meaning of "This is now bone of my bones," - he hints at the divine soul which is hidden in the flesh, firm and hard to suffer and very potent, - and "flesh of my flesh" - the material soul which is the body of the divine soul. Concerning these two also, the Saviour says, "That is to be feared which can destroy this soul and this body, the psychic one, in hell."
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Evangelinus Apostolides Sophocles Greek Lexicon of the Roman and Byzantine Periods. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1914 includes it in an entry for ισ.

ισ , the Hebrew N = ανήρ . Orig . I , 77 https://books.google.com/books?id=EzrFb ... 22&f=false