Chris Albert Wells's theory about how the celestial Jesus was euhemerized in Mark

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Chris Albert Wells's theory about how the celestial Jesus was euhemerized in Mark

Post by Giuseppe »

references here:
https://www.academia.edu/s/163533c321

I have written this comment.

Hi Chris, I like a lot your theory. It has the potential to explain a crucial turning point (how a mythical Jesus came to be conceived as a historical Jesus) under different Mythicist paradigms (not only your particular premises about Essenes etc). Only, I find the major weakness in a precise point: how do you explain the fact that the celestial Messiah from heaven, conceived originally (in the first narrative) as returned on earth, worked precisely in GALILEE ?
In my view, 'Galilee' evoked the same word today can evoke 'Vietnam', 'Irak', or 'Somalia'. i.e. WAR. An obvious allusion to the First Jewish Revolt (66-70 CE). Have you a better explanation for the mythical Jesus's return placed in GALILEE ? Note that I don't refer to the prophecy about the birth in Galilee (it is found easily in the OT, but there was no birth in Mark, as you know).
Thanks in advance for any answer.
Giuseppe Ferri

maryhelena

Re: Chris Albert Wells's theory about how the celestial Jesus was euhemerized in Mark

Post by maryhelena »

Giuseppe wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:35 am references here:
https://www.academia.edu/s/163533c321

I have written this comment.

Hi Chris, I like a lot your theory. It has the potential to explain a crucial turning point (how a mythical Jesus came to be conceived as a historical Jesus) under different Mythicist paradigms (not only your particular premises about Essenes etc). Only, I find the major weakness in a precise point: how do you explain the fact that the celestial Messiah from heaven, conceived originally (in the first narrative) as returned on earth, worked precisely in GALILEE ?
In my view, 'Galilee' evoked the same word today can evoke 'Vietnam', 'Irak', or 'Somalia'. i.e. WAR. An obvious allusion to the First Jewish Revolt (66-70 CE). Have you a better explanation for the mythical Jesus's return placed in GALILEE ? Note that I don't refer to the prophecy about the birth in Galilee (it is found easily in the OT, but there was no birth in Mark, as you know).
Thanks in advance for any answer.
Giuseppe Ferri

"worked precisely in GALILEE"........because he would not have lasted long in Roman controlled Judaea....