dating the birth stories?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
cora

Re: dating the birth stories?

Post by cora »

hai,
I use nothing at all, I would not know how to do that. I send only normal text. Only 50% comes through. Can it not be that the moderator, Peter Kirby, is doing it? Why doesn't he say something?
It takes me a lot of time to formulate everything carefully, English is not my native language. So I am disappointed, because I have a lot to say.
Cora.
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

I am not sure exactly what happens or why, but it will pass. Until it does, I recommend saving all your posts in a text file before you post them. That way you can repost if necessary.
perseusomega9

Post by perseusomega9 »

To piggyback off Ben, I'm sure there's a post minimum/timing requirement before you can post more frequently, probably a BOT/SPAM security feature so retain a copy of whatever you post. I think the post minimum is 10 but don't quote me.
Bernard Muller

Post by Bernard Muller »

to mlinssen,
Luke 5:33 is fun, he has the word "pray" but doesn't utilise it. Mark doesn't, nor Matthew. Yet Thomas and Marcion do, and perhaps Marcion also utilises it - we can't know
So, why the word "pray" should be utilized in the lk 5:33 context?
In gThomas, "pray" is utilized but not in the Lk 5:33 context.
So what is left is gLuke and gMarcion have the word "pray" but don't utilize it. Which is very understandable if Marcion got his gospel from gLuke.
It is also funny that you have Luke 4:31 and Capernaum, yet omit to mention Luke 4:23 And he said to them, “Doubtless you will quote to me this proverb, ‘“Physician, heal yourself.” What we have heard you did at Capernaum, do here in your hometown as well.’”

In Luke, Jesus hasn't been there yet, that happens 8 verses later. In Marcion, he surely has been, of course.
Marcion "corrected" what she read in gLuke.
Here, "this generation" has been substituted by "heaven and earth".
How can you say that? Don't you have to prove direction of dependence first? Oh wait, the Church fathers do that for you, isn't it?
I have proven the direction of dependence. gLuke came first, then gMarcion as followed:
Luke's gospel was written around 85 CE (see http://historical-jesus.info/62.html). At that time, it still could be thought Jesus' generation was not over yet. But when gMarcion was written (around 130 CE), Jesus' generation had pass away.
Marcion had to remove "this generation". If not, his gospel would make Jesus a liar and a false prophet.
That shows Marcion's gospel was written decades after gLuke, well into the 2nd century. Then, if so, it was Marcion who truncated gLuke and not the other way around ("Luke" adding up on gMarcion (or some proto-Luke that Marcion copied)).

Cordially, Bernard
cora

Post by cora »

The roman catholic church has a Saint Anna, the mother of the virgin Mary. At least they knew this proto-evangelium. She is nowhere else mentioned as far as I know. Saint Anna is well known (I can say as an ex-catholic). Just for fun.

greetings, cora.
mlinssen

Post by mlinssen »

cora wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:10 pm The roman catholic church has a Saint Anna, the mother of the virgin Mary. At least they knew this proto-evangelium. She is nowhere else mentioned as far as I know. Saint Anna is well known (I can say as an ex-catholic). Just for fun.

greetings, cora.
Hi Cora, the spam protector I mentioned is on this site, and not something that you would use.
Good to see you posting though :D

Just a question: do you happen to have the Protoevangelium of James in Latin or Greek? I would be very happy
cora

Post by cora »

Luke was not written at all in 85. I don't know who says that, but there is no evidence for it al all. The names are from Irenaeus (185), they have never been mentioned before that. If you have an instance, please let me know. Otherwise you are just going with the "majority". Marcion is the oldest gospel and it was not written by Marcion at all. The rest is fake, or forged. Mark, Mathew and Luke do not exist of course, or are very long dead. The names are placed in 180 plus false evidence. You can stop sending your "Christian" stories, they are the lies told for 1800 years. I am looking for the truth here.

greetings,
Cora
cora

Post by cora »

I have nothing in Latin or Greek, except Homerus, Herodotus and things like that, still from school, sorry. I have to read everything on my laptop, and use my memory. But don't overdo it, there are more important things which where not placed. (Ik kom trouwens ook uit Nederland, ook toevallig!).
To put it very briefly: the church of rome and its sister churches were jewish (but not keeping the law) when Marcion showed up, god knows why, around 125. So there was no Christian church, only a Jahweh OT church. Until then there were only gnostic chrestians (since about 90). Marcion began his own church and became very sucesfull. The church hated him because of his "other god" (the gnostic god) who he said was "hIgher than Jahweh" and he began to threaten their position. For "self-defense" and the protection of Jahweh and the OT they made a plan, around 160, to destroy Marcion and his churches. Irenaeus was going to do it: by constantly lying, forgery and complete fake he produced 22 books of the NT, and set up the catholic church. In 185 his book was ready in which he presented everything very casually. The canon was opened in 200 and the gospels and Acts went in. That was the start of the catholic church. They could not call themselves Christian, because there was already a Chrestian church: the church of Marcion.
That is the history of the catholic church, who would guess that. There was not even a Jesus (this name was invented by Justin), the person had another name before. But also this person did not exist, it was a written story from the year 72 about. I am absolutely sure of what I say, I could find it all on internet. It was difficult but it all fits perfectly. I hope this can help you to decide what you want to study.
Christianity is a complete scam. It is only lies. When you are a Christian you actually do not believe in Jesus, you believe in Irenaeus. There is nothing more to it. A shocking but alas true conclusion. If you have questions, I know much more of course.

greetings, Cora.

PS: Irenaeus even put himself in the sermon on the mount, where we find "Blessed are the peacebringers". Irenaeus means peacebringer. He wrote Mathew.
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

mlinssen wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:18 pmJust a question: do you happen to have the Protoevangelium of James in Latin or Greek? I would be very happy
Émile de Strycker is online: http://khazarzar.skeptik.net/books/protoegr.htm.
mlinssen

Post by mlinssen »

Ben C. Smith wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:25 pm
mlinssen wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:18 pmJust a question: do you happen to have the Protoevangelium of James in Latin or Greek? I would be very happy
Émile de Strycker is online: http://khazarzar.skeptik.net/books/protoegr.htm.
Fantastic Ben! Thank you very much