Barabbas is the link between Marcion and Jesus ben Ananias

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
lsayre

Re: Barabbas is the link between Marcion and Jesus ben Ananias

Post by lsayre »

Giuseppe wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:02 am As I have written:

reading Doudna's posts, I can’t help saying: that’s exactly what happened! :cheers: :thumbup:
If Paul and Josephus/Barnabas were associates, whom among the associates of Josephus was Paul? Who did Josephus/Barnabas ultimately disagree with and come to loggerheads with, whereby their relationship was broken? Only John of Gischala seems to fit this description. Would that make Paul out to be John of Gischala, or would that render Doudna's argument to be a dead end. As much as I admire Doudna, I vote for the latter.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

lsayre wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:34 pmOnly John of Gischala seems to fit this description.
nonsense. Are you a troll, :consternation: lsayre, or more simply a pious Christian? :confusedsmiley:

• Barnabas = Josephus, anti-Zealot but still Jew (and Judaizer)
  • Paul = Saul, anti-Zealot but not more Jew (and Judaizer).
Explained in detail here:

Paul as Josephus’s Saul of the 60s, relative of Agrippa II, part of the “men of power”, known for violence and then diplomacy (War 2.418, 556-558; Ant 20.214), in this reconstruction would be in the company of Agrippa II and Josephus in Titus’s entourage at Antioch. Paul and Josephus would be Jews assisting in Roman announcement of the defeat of the Jews.

This reading is totally persuasive.
davidmartin

Post by davidmartin »

yes and what about the name 'Benjamin'?
This is Hebrew BEN not Aramaic BAR and means 'son of my right hand', which is basically 'son of God' (ie sitting at the right hand of the father)
So Benjamin = Barabbas
Thus Simon Magus's claim "For before my mother Rachel and he came together, she, still a virgin, conceived me, while it was in my power to be either small or great, and to appear as a man among men" As the same Tim says "In Genesis, Rachel is the wife of Jacob and mother to Benjamin"
I don't know if Jesus claimed to be from the tribe of Joseph not Benjamin but Joseph seems praised over Benjamin in Acts?
lsayre

Post by lsayre »

Giuseppe wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:06 pm
lsayre wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:34 pmOnly John of Gischala seems to fit this description.
nonsense. Are you a troll, :consternation: lsayre, or more simply a pious Christian? :confusedsmiley:
Ah, the classic "Argument From Intimidation" which seeks to substitute moral judgment for intellectual argument, as if such a truly weak approach is actually infused with an inherent strength with sufficiency in and of itself whereby to both dismiss the argument and the arguments originator.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

lsayre wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:51 am for intellectual argument
what courage! :popcorn: