On Determining the 'Secret' Homosexuality of Scholars

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
mlinssen

Re: On Determining the 'Secret' Homosexuality of Scholars

Post by mlinssen »

Secret Alias wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:21 pm But wet Tshirt contests are antithetical to early Christianity. Innocent nudity not so. I thought you were the Thomas guy:
His disciples said, "When will you appear to us, and when will we see you?"

Jesus said, "When you strip without being ashamed, and you take your clothes and put them under your feet like little children and trample them, then [you] will see the son of the living one and you will not be afraid."
I'd bet this community baptized naked.
Ah, delightful.

37. say(s) his(PL) Disciple : what? the(PL) day you will reveal outward to we and what? the(PL) day "we-ought-to" behold as-regards you say(s) IS : When you(PL) continue-to make-naked you(r)(PL) of your(PL.) shame and you(PL) carry your(PL.PL) garment or/and you(PL) place they toward the bottom of your(PL.PL) feet in.the.manner of the(PL) little the(PL) child small or/and you(PL) tread within they Then you(PL) will behold to the child of he-who live and you(PL) will make-be fear not

And that's the correct translation: there is no shame. Just as there is No Big Fish

Just as there is no Johannes the Immerser, other than Zedekiah. Who ends the Book of Chronicles just as Adam starts it
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

What would you argue 'shame' references in the sentence if not nakedness? Also a new update on the anti-gay MP present at the gay orgy - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... laims.html
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

And speaking of shame - to reemphasize once again - traditionally FEW acknowledged they were involved in a mystery cult and FEW acknowledged their engaged in 'shameful' sex acts. Hence their interconnection (i.e. Bulgar and bugger). It's not that gays are more disposed to joining mystery cults or discovering mystery texts. The accusation that Christians attracted criminals in Celsus is another example of this connection between 'shame' and mysteries, sex and now crime. Participating in this forum is another.

Christianity recalibrated shame. If early Christians baptized naked that would be one example. Fraternizing with 'sinful' people is another. Being exhibited as crucified is another. I think Christianity made sex EVEN IN PRIVATE as something inherently shameful. Read the story of Demetrius apologizing for being married in the History of the Coptic Patriarchs. The story is from old source and in keeping with things found in Clement. The paradox of course is that in spite of the declaration to 'expose' things previously kept hidden, Christians still maintained new mysteries of their own.