Why Pilate? Because Daniel 9:24-26

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Why Pilate? Because Daniel 9:24-26

Post by Giuseppe »

24 “Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

25 “Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’ It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.

(Daniel 9:24-26)

the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem may be after the return of the Jewish people from the Babylonian captivity in 458 BCE, when Ezra the Scribe introduced public reading of the Torah.

458 BCE + 483 years = 26 CE., i.e. under Pilate.
Ged

Re: Why Pilate? Because Daniel 9:24-26

Post by Ged »

Its better than coincidence isn't it? Here is my timeline of the 70 weeks. Note my '7th-year' of Artaxerxes as 457 BC. There is a reason for that, but I won't quibble.

Giuseppe

Re: Why Pilate? Because Daniel 9:24-26

Post by Giuseppe »

Ged wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:33 pm Its better than coincidence isn't it? Here is my timeline of the 70 weeks. Note my '7th-year' of Artaxerxes as 457 BC. There is a reason for that, but I won't quibble.

thank you for that image.