TF as reconstructed by Robert Eisler & John P Meier

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
DCHindley

TF as reconstructed by Robert Eisler & John P Meier

Post by DCHindley »

To support a reddit post I am submitting, I wanted my summaries of the reconstructions of the TF by Robert Eisler and John P. Meier to be available for review.

The MS Word (2003) files had previously posted on FRDB, but the tables and/or links to the files no longer function. I have converted them to PDF for the faint of heart.

DCH
Ben C. Smith

Re: TF as reconstructed by Robert Eisler & John P Meier

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Thanks, David.
Ken Olson

Post by Ken Olson »

Thanks, David. When you've posted your Reddit post, would you link to it here? I'd be interested in seeing it.

Best,

Ken
DCHindley

Post by DCHindley »

Ken Olson wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:56 am Thanks, David. When you've posted your Reddit post, would you link to it here? I'd be interested in seeing it.

Best,

Ken
Hi Ken,

I'm not a master at linking, but it should be here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AcademicBiblic ... reputable/

It is really a comparison of Whiston's English translation with reconstructions (in English) by Robert Eisler and J P Meier, and was intended to make the subject a little easier for newbies to digest.

DCH
Ken Olson

Post by Ken Olson »

Thanks, David. I've occasionally seen discussions of the Testimonium on Reddit, but I don't follow it closely, so they're usually closed long before I see them. I think I commented on on once, on the difference between my theory that Eusebius composed the Testimonium and Carrier's theory that it was either that or Pamphilus.

Best,

Ken