Paul Had Tattoos

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Paul Had Tattoos

Post by Secret Alias »

Galatians 6:17 "From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the tattoos (στίγματα) of Jesus."

He's a tough guy!
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Ben C. Smith

Re: Paul Had Tattoos

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Secret Alias wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:02 pm Galatians 6:17 "From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the tattoos (στίγματα) of Jesus."

He's a tough guy!
The stigmata come in tattoo form. Just FYI. In case you needed to know.

ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

sounds like Ben Stada don't you think?
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Secret Alias wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:44 pm sounds like Ben Stada don't you think?
A bit, yes. What would Paul be hiding under his skin? The secret name that granted him a trip to the third heaven?
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Ben C. Smith wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:22 pm
Secret Alias wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:44 pm sounds like Ben Stada don't you think?
A bit, yes. What would Paul be hiding under his skin? The secret name that granted him a trip to the third heaven?
I may be confusing ben Stada with the Jesus from the Toledot. I think ben Stada merely cut the flesh.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Maybe you're right. Mesmerized by Farrah's hair I guess
Jax

Post by Jax »

Actually, not having tattoos in Paul's time would have been the exception not the rule.

For personal protection from your chosen god/godess if nothing else.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Any thoughts on what exactly Paul's tattoos of Jesus might have been?
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Jax wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:31 am Any thoughts on what exactly Paul's tattoos of Jesus might have been?
Well basing this on SA's and Ben's conversation a few days ago, I was thinking it was digamma, a Greek archaic letter shaped like an F and was pronounced as wau, also signified the number 6.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Redeemed slaves were branded with a Latin F if I am not mistaken = Christian redemption.

Update: its more complicated https://www.britannica.com/topic/brandi ... tification