Was Jesus a Samaritan?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Joseph D. L.

Re: Was Jesus a Samaritan?

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Jesus was connected with Samaria in some parables and episodes "to explain" implicitly his being Alien (to this world and the god of this world). To eclipse the embarrassing fact that the real reason of the being Alien is that Jesus was the Son of an Unknown Father ("Bar-Abbas").
That doesn't make any sense either. The point of Jesus for Paul is that he wasn't an alien, that he was known to the ancient Jews and could be found in their texts. How does making Jesus a Samaritan hide this fact? It only reinforces it. Nor was Marcion or Paul's God "unknown". He was known, Elohim, θεός, the God of Genesis 1, so your idea about "bar abbas", which doesn't mean "son of the unknown father", is yet again proven false.

You don't know anything. You don't belong here. You belong in a mental ward.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Joseph D. L. wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:22 amHe was known, Elohim, θεός, the God of Genesis 1
you are clearly a fan of Secret Alias, here. Celsus is sufficient to disregard his (and your) views.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

You're an idiot Giuseppe. That's the only comment your worth.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Texticide is a new one. And I like it.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Ben C. Smith wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:56 am ETA: While there is much in Richard Carrier's book which I think amounts to texticide, so to speak,
excuse me for off topic but I see that now we have officially the Carrier's answer against all the mythicists who are followers of G.A. Wells (Ben C. Smith is one of them).

https://www.richardcarrier.info/archive ... ment-30749

To be examined attentively.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.