Chamber of the Flame

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Charles Wilson

Chamber of the Flame

Post by Charles Wilson »

I had another Post on this somewhere but not here, I don't think. Somehow it never make it. Maybe. Forward all my PM's to the Biden Campaign. I dunno. NURSE!!!
John 11: 6 - 10 (RSV):

[6] So when he heard that he was ill, he stayed two days longer in the place where he was.
[7] Then after this he said to the disciples, "Let us go into Judea again."
[8] The disciples said to him, "Rabbi, the Jews were but now seeking to stone you, and are you going there again?"
[9] Jesus answered, "Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any one walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world.
[10] But if any one walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him."

I was looking at Younan's Peshitta Interlinear and noticed verse 10 ended with:
"...he will stumble because in him there is no FLAME."

I believe that Younan is correct here. This passage is Priestly and references Temple Architecture.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/artic ... literature
Scroll down and look at the diagram of the Temple. You will find a small circle divided in half and labeled "Chamber of the Hearth". This is incomplete.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/artic ... service-of
Scroll down and find "Priestly Guard". There you will find that there is indeed the Chamber of the Hearth but also "Chamber of the Flame". The Chamber of the Flame is "More Holy" since you must STAND in this Chamber. If you need to take a break, lie down, sleep, you go out into the Chamber of the Hearth. In the Synoptics, Peter et.al. are sitting. In John they are standing. This is where Peter's Denial occurs and it is Priestly in nature.

Peter makes it into the Chamber of the Flame and Peter must therefore be Priestly.

Notice what else is described:

"At night the elder priests slept here on divans placed on rows of stone steps one above another. The younger priests slept on cushions on the floor, putting their sacred garments under their heads and covering themselves with their secular clothing (Tamid. i. 1). The elder priests kept the keys of the Temple, putting them at night under a marble slab in the floor; to this slab a ring was attached for lifting it. A priest watched over or slept on the slab until the keys were demanded by the officer in the morning..."

I believe that this Fragment is Priestly. It hides the Priestly Aspect but it is still apparent.

John 18:

[15] Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so did another disciple. As this disciple was known to the high priest, he entered the court of the high priest along with Jesus,
[16] while Peter stood outside at the door. So the other disciple, who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to the maid who kept the door, and brought Peter in.
[17] The maid who kept the door said to Peter, "Are not you also one of this man's disciples?" He said, "I am not."
[18] Now the servants and officers had made a charcoal fire, because it was cold, and they were standing and warming themselves; Peter also was with them, standing and warming himself.

Compare with Matthew:

Matthew 26: 58, 69 - 71 (RSV):

[58] But Peter followed him at a distance, as far as the courtyard of the high priest, and going inside he sat with the guards to see the end.
[69] Now Peter was sitting outside in the courtyard. And a maid came up to him, and said, "You also were with Jesus the Galilean."
[70] But he denied it before them all, saying, "I do not know what you mean."
[71] And when he went out to the porch, another maid saw him, and she said to the bystanders, "This man was with Jesus of Nazareth."

and Luke:

Luke 22: 55 (RSV):

[55] and when they had kindled a fire in the middle of the courtyard and sat down together, Peter sat among them.

This appears to be a Transvalued Story, hidden to rewrite the Original Intention of the Passage. The Original gives Information concerning the Chamber of the Flame and Chamber of the Hearth. The rewrite hides the fact that Peter is Priestly and is allowed into the Chamber of the Flame. The greater Story is that Peter is "Inside" when 3000 are being massacred. Outside of the door, that Massacre is occurring. Of course Peter would deny "Jesus". "Jesus" would have denied Jesus. To assent to this would get you thrown out into the Death.

Mark 13: 33 - 37 (RSV):

[33] Take heed, watch; for you do not know when the time will come.
[34] It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to be on the watch.
[35] Watch therefore -- for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or at cockcrow, or in the morning --
[36] lest he come suddenly and find you asleep.
[37] And what I say to you I say to all: Watch."