Danish Bible Society's Modern Revision of Hamlet - Excerpts

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
JoeWallack

Post by JoeWallack »

1) "Something is rotten in the state of Israel."
JoeWallack

Re: Danish Bible Society's Modern Revision of Hamlet - Excerpts

Post by JoeWallack »

2) Revised Title = Hamlet, Prince of All Of Us.
JoeWallack

Post by JoeWallack »

3) "(takes the skull and crossbones) Alas, poor Yassir! I knew him, Husseini, a fedayeen of infinite jihad, of most excellent fatwa. He hath blown me up upon backing him a thousand times, and now, how appreciated in my bank accounts it is!"
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

HORATIO

In what particular thought to work I know not;
But in the gross and scope of my opinion,
This bodes some strange eruption to our state.

ROSKOE

Though our air lifts bountiously and with lovely fragrances found in no land elsewhere, yet they breathe, and occupy our spaces, though for nought.
Best begone! Knowest not they that their very presence in the sight of that ever existing one is baneful and a fright.
Begone! Begone, 'er the noble sun ends its work at the end of the day and removes its light from their endparts, a shame that their existence is.
Besides, beyond the Realm they perceive, they be, like, Raci-Sexi-Homophobe and shit.
'Tis a far, far better thing we do to get thay skank asses out of our places, which was ours, 'er for eternity and yet beyond.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
JoeWallack

God Is Clearly The God of Israel In The Jewish Bible. Danish Christians Understand The Problem For Christianity.

Post by JoeWallack »

Secret Agent Man, Secret A-gent Man. They've given you a new name but we've still got your number.

JW:

Our Statement on the Contemporary Danish Bible 2020
In the translation, called “Danish Contemporary Bible 2020” the term “Israel” is almost completely removed from the New Testament, and is changed several times in the Old Testament. As a national Bible Society, the Danish Bible Society did this project using their own budget and team and not under the supervision of the United Bible Societies. The Bible Society in Israel had no knowledge of the project prior to its publication.
In this new Danish Bible (which uses a New Testament translation from 2007), the term “Israel” only appears twice in the entire New Testament, despite appearing more than 60 times in the Greek from which the New Testament is translated. The term “Israel” has been replaced with “the Jewish people”, “the Jews”, “the people…”, and in some cases removed altogether.
New Testament [Fake Good News]:

Matt. 2:21: “and he rose and took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel.” [speaking of Mary, Joseph, and Jesus’ return from their time in Egypt] ➡ the phrase “land of Israel” is changed to simply “home”.
Matt. 15:31: “God of Israel” ➡ “God” (this repeats itself in other places).
Luke 4:25: “many widows in Israel in the days of Elijah” ➡ “many Jewish widows in the time of Prophet Elijah.” [This is an anachronism: the word “Jewish” was not in use in Elijah’s time, and he was a prophet in the northern kingdom, not in Judah.]
Luke 4:27: “many lepers in Israel” ➡ “many Jewish lepers” [Again, the word “Jewish” is anachronistic, and Elisha was in the northern kingdom.]
John 1:49: “king of Israel” ➡ “king of all people”
2 Cor. 3:7: “…the Israelites could not gaze at Moses’ face.” ➡ “Moses’ face radiated so strongly that the Jews could not bear to see it.” [Anachronism, the term “Jews” was not then in use]

Old Testament:

Ex. 24:10: “…they saw the God of Israel.” ➡ “they saw God.”
Ps. 121:4: “He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.” ➡ “He who takes care of us will not fall asleep, no he is not sleeping.”
Isa. 41:14: “Fear not, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel! I am the one who helps you, declares the LORD; your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.” ➡ “Jacob”, “Israel” and “The Holy One of Israel” have been replaced/removed.
Isa. 43:1: “But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: ‘Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.’” ➡ “O Israel” and “O Jacob” have been removed.
Jer. 45:25: “Israel shall be justified and shall glory.” ➡ “Israel” has been replaced with “my people…”
Jer. 49:3: “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified.” ➡ “Israel” changed to “my chosen”.
Jer. 25:27: “the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel” ➡ “the Lord of Heaven”
Jer. 33:7: “I will restore the fortunes of Judah and the fortunes of Israel…” ➡ “Judah and Israel” changed to “all my people”.

Joseph

Skeptical Textual Criticism
JoeWallack

Post by JoeWallack »

3) "(takes the skull and crossbones) Alas, poor Yassir! I knew him, Husseini, a fedayeen of infinite jihad, of most excellent fatwa. He hath blown me up upon backing him a thousand times, and now, how appreciated in my bank accounts it is!"

4) "Neither a borrower nor a lender be. Let The Jews be the Lenders. Lending is good for the economy because it encourages investment and efficiently allocates resources to the most productive businesses. When you have built up a huge related debt to The Jews, demonize them for religious reasons and falsely accuse them of everything that you yourself are guilty of. Then kill/exile them and take their assets, thus killing two bubbes with one cornerstone. But don't get rid of all of them cause like I said they are very good for the economy (but never say that publicly). We don't want to be the next Ireland, okay?"