Closing Of Errancywiki And Merger With Messianic Apologetic

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Joseph D. L.

Re: Closing Of Errancywiki And Merger With Messianic Apologetic

Post by Joseph D. L. »

If you blame the entire population, then you are in a position to say "kill them all, God will know his own." I cannot accept that sort of morality.
WTF are you talking about? Are you going to absolve the populace who supported Hitler, who cheered on while he was giving his speeches, because "they weren't the ones in power"?
Your thinking is exactly the same as many Palestinians and others you think killing any Jew is justified because of the policies of Israel.
You're talking out of your ass. How does acknowledging the German people's support of Hitler make me an antisemit? Do I support Israel? Fuck no. Do I then think it's justifiable killing every Jew in Palestine because of Israel? Again, fuck no.

And the Communists weren't anymore Atheists than the Nazis. Hitler even accused them of being a Jewish conspiracy (Marx was Jewish), while churches still operated in the USSR before, during, and after Stalin. But keep believing lies by Trotsky, Khrushchev and Gorbachev, comrade.
I am not alone, historians are split on the subject.
Then don't make absolute claims and then try to backpedal when you're called out on it.

Stick to theology because politics is not your wheelhouse.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

This thread is politics and should not be in this forum.

You are wrong on the Communists not being athiests. I can send you the CCP directives for the last decade if you want to read through them. You should also read the NYT report on the anti-Uigher campaign documents.
“’That was excellently observed’, say I, when I read a passage in an author, where his opinion agrees with mine. When we differ, there I pronounce him to be mistaken.” - Jonathan Swift
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

I've had some time to cool down. The reason I got so hot headed was because it sounded like you were accusing me of antisemitism, and as someone who has nothing but respect for Jews and Samaritans alike, I take great offence to that.

My interest isn't in Chinese Communism, although I think Mao was a great revolutionary leader. I was speaking, specifically, of religion in the USSR. Nor would I go modern day Chinese "communist" as its industry is driven by capitalism and profit based. (State capitalism is a thing). Christianity, being by and large a western imperialistic tool... I could see how the Chinese revolutionaries would persecute it. Soviet Russia did have an antisemitic mentality (which I do not endorse), but largely because it's population were Russian orthodox, even well into the USSR. That kind of irrational hatred doesn't go away easy.

Anyway, I don't think politics should be discussed here. Let's talk about a subject that we can all be comfortable with...

Religion.