Why did the Gospel of the Lord have Jesus descend during the 15th year of Tiberius? Rev 13:1

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Joseph D. L.

Why did the Gospel of the Lord have Jesus descend during the 15th year of Tiberius? Rev 13:1

Post by Joseph D. L. »

And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads.

Xoroaster's assessment was that the horns of the Beast are Roman emperors, with the heads being individual Emperors and the Year of Four emperors counted as one horn. His interpretation was that this was a calculation for why Jesus was placed on earth during the reign of Tiberius. This would place the authorship of the first Gospel and Revelation 13 during the reign of Hadrian.
Attachments
The body of the Beast
The body of the Beast
roman emperors.jpg (228.03 KiB) Viewed 13972 times
Stuart

Re: Why did the Gospel of the Lord have Jesus descend during the 15th year of Tiberius? Rev 13:1

Post by Stuart »

Xoroaster's videos are great popcorn with beer watching. I really loved his Revelation series.

I'm not sure the Oklahoma State professor has it more right than wrong, but I do think he hit on a few things about the book of Revelation. He gives a convincing argument for the role of astrology, especially the symbolism for the first six emperors. And I think he's right about the book coming to the form we know only shortly after the reign of Commodius.

Anyway, two thumbs up for mentioning this guy on the forum.
Last edited by Stuart on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
“’That was excellently observed’, say I, when I read a passage in an author, where his opinion agrees with mine. When we differ, there I pronounce him to be mistaken.” - Jonathan Swift
Joseph D. L.

Re: Why did the Gospel of the Lord have Jesus descend during the 15th year of Tiberius? Rev 13:1

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Greetings Stuart.

I owe a lot to Xoroaster and GodAImighty. They're the ones who really set me on the path I am today.

Even though I've grown away from most of Xoroaster's theories, I still find myself going back and learning something new from him. It's a shame he's washed his hands from this and will probably never return. He left enough to mull over for years afterward.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.