Hep finding an old post here ( I think)

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
perseusomega9

Hep finding an old post here ( I think)

Post by perseusomega9 »

I remember a few years back coming across a post (here IIRC) that had a table of all the titles for Jesus/God (e.g. Christ, Jesus, Lord, Son of Man, etc) broken down by book of the NT and counts of that title usage (I think). May have been by Peter Kirby. Does this sound familiar?
The metric to judge if one is a good exegete: the way he/she deals with Barabbas.

Who disagrees with me on this precise point is by definition an idiot.
-Giuseppe
Ben C. Smith

Re: Hep finding an old post here ( I think)

Post by Ben C. Smith »

perseusomega9 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:41 pm I remember a few years back coming across a post (here IIRC) that had a table of all the titles for Jesus/God (e.g. Christ, Jesus, Lord, Son of Man, etc) broken down by book of the NT and counts of that title usage (I think). May have been by Peter Kirby. Does this sound familiar?
I think you may mean the table on Peter's blog: http://peterkirby.com/a-table-of-christ ... itles.html. But there are no counts. If that is not the page you had in mind, then I, too, would be interested in the actual post.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
perseusomega9

Post by perseusomega9 »

Yes that's it. Thanks so much Ben. It also explains why I was having so much trouble finding it here.
The metric to judge if one is a good exegete: the way he/she deals with Barabbas.

-Giuseppe
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

perseusomega9 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:57 pm Yes that's it. Thanks so much Ben. It also explains why I was having so much trouble finding it here.
No problem. :cheers:
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
MrMacSon

Post by MrMacSon »

DCHindley posted one on the use of Christ, Jesus, ‘Christ Jesus’ & ‘Jesus Christ’ (just in the Pauline epistles, I think)
perseusomega9

Post by perseusomega9 »

Yes, his collation of the data is very helpful as well

-Giuseppe