Friedrich Schelling Dissertation de Marcione Paullinarum Epistolarum emendatore - No One Saw the Marcionite Canon

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
lsayre

Re: Friedrich Schelling Dissertation de Marcione Paullinarum Epistolarum emendatore - No One Saw the Marcionite Canon

Post by lsayre »

Secret Alias wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:03 pm I think I found my Latin translator.
Link?
Secret Alias

Re: Friedrich Schelling Dissertation de Marcione Paullinarum Epistolarum emendatore - No One Saw the Marcionite Canon

Post by Secret Alias »

Well I will talk more about it when he gives me the first third. But thanks for being interested.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

ScHElLING RESPONDED to Hegel's letter of April 1795 on July 21. He sent Hegel a copy of his dissertation on the Gnostic heretic Marcion, which he had defended at the Tubingen seminary in the previous month (Schelling, Of Marcion, Corrector of the Pauline Epistles-De Marcione Paul/arum epistolarum emendatore, 1795). The topic was the question of Marcion' s alleged falsifications of the Pauline epistles. Schelling wrote that if he had enjoyed a freer atmosphere he would have chosen another topic, namely, ''On the Outstanding Defenses of the Early Orthodox Church Fathers Against Heretics'' (Praecipuis orthodoxorum antiquiorum adversus haeriticos armis), which, in view of the subject, would inevitably have been, he notes to Hegel, ''the most biting satire.''
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Why aren't there people of discernment like this in the field of Patristic scholarship?