Who made "the men as trees" was... ...the DEMIURGE

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Charles Wilson

Re: Who made "the men as trees" was... ...the DEMIURGE

Post by Charles Wilson »

Giuseppe --

Ever hear of "Asherah"?

CW
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Charles Wilson wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:34 am Giuseppe --

Ever hear of "Asherah"?
What?
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

https://www.amazon.com/Cult-Asherah-Anc ... 50&sr=8-10

Giuseppe --

Ya' see? I'm trying to HELP you here!
"Asherah, consort of El".

It was all over the news.

If "King of Kish" goes back to Sumer and "Nimrod" does as well (See: Ebla. Pettinato and Falkenberg. " 'nmmr-Ha'ad", Panther of Ha'ad => Nimrod)
What about the corrupted Stories of the "Asherah Poles" in the OT?

"Giuseppe, I'm tryin' to HE'P you!!!"

CW

PS: I can help in another way. It would be deeply Ironic but the Blind Man Seeing Men as Trees also makes sense if Titus is seen as the Blind Man. He sees the Jews and has pity on them. Josephus describes a couple of instances of this. He wants to get closer than Scopus and because of that, faces danger. It is Titus who sees the "Strategem" as a ruse but he places certain soldiers in peril by in fact moving in. After the Strategem gets wayward Roman soldiers killed, Titus sees that reasoning with certain Jewish Soldiers serves no purpose. Now bring in your "Secret Knowledge".

"Level everything up to the wall, bring in the engines and the troops". Titus saw everything clearly.
Asherah first, Giuseppe. Then look at Titus. You may use "Atwillism" as a pejorative for this Roman part of the Story but there is a far larger Story that goes back to Sumer, a thousand years earlier and, yes, Joe Atwill sees this as well. I trust that I have the ability to see as much.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Charles Wilson wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 am Asherah first, Giuseppe.
No, I don't like to find the origins of Gnosticism in Judaism. Even a blind realizes that the One adored by Plato was a higher god than the tribal god of the Jews.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.