In what sense Mark (Judaizer) was a disciple of Simon Peter (docet Papias): an example

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Re: In what sense Mark (Judaizer) was a disciple of Simon Peter (docet Papias): an example

Post by Giuseppe »

perseusomega9 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:03 pm
Giuseppe wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:39 pm See for example the cry of Jesus in GPeter: "my power, my power, why have you abandoned me?"

Simon Magus was called the "Great Power" by the his followers.
The use of "power" instead of god probably just points to jewish roots of avoiding saying god directly.
the my point is that it is a mere instance of a general pattern where stories about Simon Magus or Simon Peter (or any other apostle talking and working in the name "of the Lord") were judaized by referring them to Jesus called Christ.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Giuseppe

Re: In what sense Mark (Judaizer) was a disciple of Simon Peter (docet Papias): an example

Post by Giuseppe »

Giuseppe wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:09 pmthe Judaizers invented Judas because in a previous Gospel it was the demiurge who "entered" in the sinedrites (and not Satan who "entered" in Judas) to move them against Jesus. It is originally the demiurge who didn't want to arrest Jesus during the his feast.
A trace of this is preserved in proto-John:
As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him

(John 13:27)

...where Satan is the demiurge (per the sound analysis of Turmel).
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.