Boanerghes = Dioscuri = the two thieves = Archons

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Joseph D. L.

Re: Boanerghes = Dioscuri = the two thieves = Archons

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Giuseppe, you are the biggest idiot on this site. At least Avery has the sense to make himself scarce, but you spam pages of incoherent babble that amounts to a conspiracy theorist redstringing disconnected passages, verses and ideas to find some sort of connection. That alone would not be so bad, because we all essentially do that. But you act as if you have uncovered, dare I say, the truth and ostensibly ignore any critical opinion as being worthless or uninformed.

Personally Giuseppe, I don't give a damn what your assessment of myself is. Just as I don't care about anything Carrier has to say. What does he have to offer that I wasn't able to learn on my own, years before he came to the same conclusion I did?

Atwill is a fraud. That's that. At least my theory on Hadrian and Paul has actual evidence for it, as Aquila is KNOWN TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH HADRIAN, AND THE MISHNA STATES HE WANTED TO ESTABLISH RELATIONS WITH THE JEWS. That's not some theory, you dunderhead, and that's where Atwill fails. Even so, that is only one aspect of my theory.

As for Acharya: limited strictly to her books Christ in Egypt, and Did Moses Exist, she doesn't have that much to offer. D.N. Boswell did a much better comprehensive appraisal of the pagan parallels to Christ (and no, Giuseppe, they're not limited to the death and rebirth theme). But that's just it. You fail to appreciate the broader picture of religious evolution in order to argue this idea that Christianity just appeared out of nowhere in the mind of Paul. In that, you are just like a typical believer.

Also, Gnostics hated pagans?

This proves you don't even know what Gnosticism is. Gnosticism is a PAGAN idea, developed by the mysteries and popularized by Plato. Gnosticism was not and is not limited to Christianity or Judaism.

Read the Phyrgian hymn used by the Naassenes. Does it sound like they hated pagans? When they used pagan ideas in their beliefs?

Your knowledge about ancient culture, paganism, and Gnosticism is not only wanting, but regressive. Do us all a favor and remove yourself from this board.
Giuseppe

Re: Boanerghes = Dioscuri = the two thieves = Archons

Post by Giuseppe »

Joseph D. L. wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:43 pm That alone would not be so bad, because we all essentially do that. But you act as if you have uncovered, dare I say, the truth and ostensibly ignore any critical opinion as being worthless or uninformed.
It is not true, since I don't go to write in the your thread by saying you that you are wrong along all the line. But you come in the threads where I post only to say that I am wrong, or that I should follow your views.

Views that, frankly, don't matter to myself:
At least my theory on Hadrian and Paul has actual evidence for it, as Aquila is KNOWN TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH HADRIAN, AND THE MISHNA STATES HE WANTED TO ESTABLISH RELATIONS WITH THE JEWS. That's not some theory, you dunderhead, and that's where Atwill fails. Even so, that is only one aspect of my theory.
That is still atwillism. I am not interested, sorry. Don't insult myself only because I am frankly and sincerely not interested at all about your views.
and no, Giuseppe, they're not limited to the death and rebirth theme). But that's just it. You fail to appreciate the broader picture of religious evolution in order to argue this idea that Christianity just appeared out of nowhere in the mind of Paul. In that, you are just like a typical believer.
I am not interested, thanks. The reductio ad Judaeum is a methodological principle followed by myself in the interpretation of Paul and Gospels.
Also, Gnostics hated pagans?

This proves you don't even know what Gnosticism is. Gnosticism is a PAGAN idea, developed by the mysteries and popularized by Plato. Gnosticism was not and is not limited to Christianity or Judaism.
Here is where I become really angry with you: if the Gnostics co-opted Attis, it was to debunk the belief of the stupid Pagans. If the Gnostics co-opted a Jewish deity Joshua, it was to debunk the belief of the stupid Jews. And the "Gnosticism" to which I am interested is: hate against the Jewish God.
Read the Phyrgian hymn used by the Naassenes. Does it sound like they hated pagans? When they used pagan ideas in their beliefs?
It is called co-optation. It is not evidence of love. It is evidence of hate. And Celsus hated the marcionite Christians more than the catholics.
Do us all a favor and remove yourself from this board.
I don't think that I am a disturber in this forum, since I don't go to post my different/strange/stupid/idiotic views in the threads started by other users. If I have made so in the past, it is only rarely and only if something is really interesting in other threads. This is the difference between myself and you.

Basically: You are a troll in a thread where I like what I have written about the title of the thread. And where you come to insult myself because you don't like what I have written about the title of the thread.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.