Still about Barabbas as the Marcion's Son of Father: why he was a killer

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Still about Barabbas as the Marcion's Son of Father: why he was a killer

Post by Giuseppe »

As the readers know, in my view the Holy Graal of the correct interpretation of the Gospel Barabbas is in this article of Couchoud. Who disagrees with myself on this point is in my view a fool apologist.

Even if Couchoud gives the his good explanation about Barabbas being a killer, I read a new solution given by Karel Hanhart in the his voluminous book The open tomb.

The only famous Jew who was a killer during THE revolt and who was set free by the Romans was... ...Josephus.

While the reasons of Hanhart to think so are absolutely stupid, at any case, even so, I find a possible reason for why an anti-marcionite Judaizer invented a parody about Barabbas as the hated deity adored by the Gnostics. Barabbas was the Christ who was not crucified and as such an usurper, a false Jesus. He was therefore reduced to be a killer put in prison and set free as Josephus, who was not Christian. He ignored totally Christ and the Christians. Hence, if the Jews wanted Barabbas free and not the Jewish Christ, then they were de facto following the Marcionite Son of Father (not the Jewish Christ) and in the same time the denier of the Jewishness of the Christ: Josephus.

Since Josephus denied that the expected Christ was a Jew. He claimed that the Christ was the Roman Emperor.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.