"Heli, Heli, lama zaphtani" as the original reading of Mc 15:34

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

"Heli, Heli, lama zaphtani" as the original reading of Mc 15:34

Post by Giuseppe »

I'm reading the book of the mythicist Marc Stéphane. — La passion de Jésus (see Vridar's review here), in particular p. 207, where the author remembers one of the Couchoud's reasons to believe why the reading
“My God, my God, why have you cursed me?”

...is more older than the current version:

“My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?”

The Jesus's claim [with "abandoned"] is the precise reproduction of the Psalm 22, but in aramaic language spoken by the Jewish people in the beginning of the Christian era. Now we can find in other manuscrits a claim in Jewish language: "Heli, Heli, lama zaphtani" with the translation: “My God, my God, why have you cursed me?”.
As Couchoud has made observe, it is this text that has to be primitive, since the Jewish expression "Heli, Heli" explains better than the aramaic expression "Heloi, Heloi", the next verse (15:35): "some of those standing near heard this, they said, Listen, he's calling Elijah"... We realize, as Alfaric has explained, that "a copyist, knowing the aramaic, would have said himself, according to other passages of Mark, that Jesus spoke rather in this language.

Now my free thoughts from this evidence are: if "Mark", by this episode, was securing the readers that Jesus wasn't disappeared on the cross, then was he doing the bold claim that Jesus was even "cursed" by god in this point, and not even simply "ignored"?

The point of Mark is that God himself wanted the death of Jesus on the cross. Who denies the reality of the death is denying the same Will of God.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.