"Bar-Rabbas" as evidence that the 'Teacher' is not 'Good' because he is the Jewish god

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

"Bar-Rabbas" as evidence that the 'Teacher' is not 'Good' because he is the Jewish god

Post by Giuseppe »

There is other evidence of the fact that the reading 'Bar-Rabbas" was the marcionite answer to the Judaizing use against Marcion of the reading "Jesus Bar-Abbas": "Bar-Rabbas", as "Son of the Teacher", is the icon of Israel who loves the creator as his "Teacher". Not coincidentially, the young rich (allegory of Israel) identifies wrongly the Marcionite Christ for the 'Teacher' YHWH but Jesus corrects him and reiterates the marcionite point that only the higher God (the unknown Father) is "good", not the "Teacher"/"Rabbi" (=the god of the Jews):
As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’[d]”

20 “Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.”

21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”

(Mark 18)
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Giuseppe

Re: "Bar-Rabbas" as evidence that the 'Teacher' is not 'Good' because he is the Jewish god

Post by Giuseppe »

So if "Teacher"=YHWH and Jesus is not the "Teacher", then he is not the "Son of YHWH" ("Bar-Rabbas") but he is the "Son of the Father" ("Bar-Abbas").
lsayre

Re: "Bar-Rabbas" as evidence that the 'Teacher' is not 'Good' because he is the Jewish god

Post by lsayre »

Did you just set up a straw man and then tear it appart?
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

lsayre wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:38 am Did you just set up a straw man and then tear it appart?
Are you not agreeing with which point, precisely? :eh:
lsayre

Post by lsayre »

Giuseppe wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:44 am Are you not agreeing with which point, precisely? :eh:
Bar-Rabbas, the straw man.