Why Pilate? Because of "Paltos": the demiurge

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Why Pilate? Because of "Paltos": the demiurge

Post by Giuseppe »

Minos, Éaque (Aecus) and Radamante (Rhadamanthus) in Greek mythology are the three judges of the underworld, who judge the souls of the dead.

Why these three judgments or three characters who judge? Anne or Caiphe, Pilate, Herod? Can we not recall here the memory of the triple judgment of the naked soul by Éaque, Minos and Radamante, imagined by Plato? According to the Ginza of the Mandaeans, the god Anosh-Uthra came in the years of Paltos the "king of the world" which is called then "the emperor Pilate". In a review of Mandaean cosmology, the demiurge is called Ptahil; confusion was possible between these names with the same consonants. A Jewish treat (Sanhédrin 106) calls Pilate: Pinchas. These variations of the name are curious.

(Georges Ory, Le Christ et Jésus, p. 183, n. 114)

So Horsley:

In Right Ginza 1, 1 and 2, 1, Pilate is called "Paltus malka d-alma" ("Pilate, king of the world").

https://books.google.it/books?id=ncuQxl ... te&f=false

So Wiki:
[wiki]In Mandean cosmology Ptahil is a creature of light (therefore also called Ptahil uthra) and the son of Abatur. With his crying, he creates the material world. Ptahil probably derived from the Egypt God Ptah, since Mandean traditions consideres themselves to be the descendants of Egypt, during the time of Moses.[1][/wiki] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptahil_(deity)
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Secret Alias

Re: Why Pilate? Because of "Paltos": the demiurge

Post by Secret Alias »

Have I mentioned that I cringe when I see any thread begin with the words "Why Pilate? ..."
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Secret Alias wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:26 am Have I mentioned that I cringe when I see any thread begin with the words "Why Pilate? ..."
Same.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Sincerely, I don't understand this answer. I can realize the answer of SA, but now also Ben answers in this way.

Are you really so scandalized before the possibility of a esoterical reason behind the introduction of Pilate?

And if so, why do you read this thread?
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

But isn't it possible given the evidence, that the reason 'why pilate [existed]?' is that mr. pilate and mrs pilate made a baby pilate? Isn't it possible that it's just as simple as that and if not why not?
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Never meant that. The title ''Why Pilate?'' assumes impliciter ''Why [the historical] Pilate [was introduced in the holy fable named Gospel]?''.

Is it more clear now?
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Have you actually read the reference to Pilate in the Right Ginza? It sounds remarkably similar to a Christian creed. Just saying. That John or Jesus is set 'in the time of Pilate, the king of the world' or whatever still seems to deny the possibility that this terminology was applied to an angel or a divine being whose lifespan isn't generally assumed to be so short as to mark off generations. Generally speaking or at least every example I know of angelic beings or divine beings they are assumed to have been around for more than 20 years. Again, just saying, this doesn't sound like a divine being.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Clearly this possibility is less probable in comparison to others.

I like to see before all the possibilities. Who has introduced the mandean link is a serious French mythicist in a time without Internet. This only fact makes it worthy of consideration (in my view), in comparison to the various Acharya's interpretations of the our time.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Secret Alias wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:01 am Have you actually read the reference to Pilate in the Right Ginza? It sounds remarkably similar to a Christian creed. Just saying. .... Again, just saying, this doesn't sound like a divine being.
I don't discuss the fact that the Mandean author based his narrative on the Gospels. But I think that the his identification of Pilate with the "king of world" (totally beyond if there was an old Jewish belief in a demon called "Paltos") is totally DELIBERATE.

To mean only one Fact: that the Mandean author realized that in the Gospel tradition Pilate allegorized the "Archons of this Aeon", the true killers of Christ in the original Christ Myth.

In Ephesians they are called Kosmokrator, isn't it?
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Any appeal to the psychological "realizations" of an unknown author from over 1500 years ago are going to fail to convince any reasonable person, right Giuseppe? We don't even know who the author was, how can we possibly know what he thought. Bad argument piled on top of bad argument, Trump style, until we're lost inside of stew of unsubstantiated nonsense.