Jesus and Finland

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Jesus and Finland

Post by Secret Alias »

“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
lsayre

Re: Jesus and Finland

Post by lsayre »

Reminds me of China and the USA. China has a population of 1.1 to 1.4 billion people. The USA has 0.3 billion people. What the USA calls population, China calls rounding error.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

You are off on the US population and China's. China is closer to 1.5 billion, and the US was 332 million at the end of 2017 (growing almost 3 million a year). Curiously demographers say the populations of the two nations by 2100 will be about 1.2 billion in China due to very low birth rates for women and strong discriminatory policies and attitudes toward non-Han peoples (thus effectively zero immigration, although some emigration) and between 500 and 600 million in the US depending upon whether we slow down immigration or not (we are projected to hit 427-450 million by 2050 depending upon which estimate you think is more accurate, RAND or Pew).

This will be quite remarkable, as in 1960 the US averaged about 400K per congressional district (300K in 1945), 763K today, roughly 1 million per district by 2050 (give or take 4K), and unless the number of seats is increased, at least 1.25m per seat in 2100. In California, State Senate seats (40) are pretty close to 1 million residents each (39.3 million in the State).

No real point here except the US is on a path to 50% of the Chinese population by the end of the century. When I was born Chinese outnumbered Americans 6 to 1, and it is slightly less than 5 to 1 today. Big numbers.
“’That was excellently observed’, say I, when I read a passage in an author, where his opinion agrees with mine. When we differ, there I pronounce him to be mistaken.” - Jonathan Swift
lsayre

Post by lsayre »

Oops, I should have included a smiley, as my post above was intended merely as humor.
jude77

Post by jude77 »

I think the guy at the end of the link should run for office. Using his math we might be able to make the national debt disappear.