The Mythicist Jesus and Mythical Posters Here at the Forum

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Jax

Re: The Mythicist Jesus and Mythical Posters Here at the Forum

Post by Jax »

Mr. Ehrman! Really! Nice attempt at deflection. :)
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

Pseudonyms were pretty common in antiquity, yes. Also, some people had several different names. Even the figures in the gospels have their different names, Jewish, Greek, nicknames...

I'm using an obviously fake name here, but as nobody will mistake me for a biblical scholar, I'm fine. However, I also sometimes use a pseudonym with a real name in other places, and you may even google some fake info on the net for that one. Which is slightly amusing, at least to me.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Not true. I think you're too smart not to be a Biblical scholar. I think you deliberately understate your erudition. I mean that as a complement.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Jax

Post by Jax »

Secret Alias wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:19 pm Not true. I think you're too smart not to be a Biblical scholar. I think you deliberately understate your erudition. I mean that as a complement.
Why, thank you. :)
MrMacSon

Post by MrMacSon »

Secret Alias wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:31 pm ... my brother just sent me a photo of myself from university proving that I have historical existence! ...That voluminous hair is now a myth too.
You're Andre Agassi ...
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

I was better looking than Andre Agassi and he was wearing a wig, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebri ... a-wig.html I wasn't. i had beautiful hair. I spent so much time on my hair that if it didn't work out I wouldn't go to school. It was like spun gold. I had such beautiful hair that I started dressing like an Italian hairdresser (black dress pants, open shirt, even the gold chain). It all developed from my obsession with my hair. I had to buy the right products. Dry my hair standing upside down to get volume. It was a big production. Then I started tanning, first with auto tanner then later at tanning booths. Girls would walk up to me asking me if I could strip for them at their bachelorette party. Those were good times.

As long as I am not Andre Agassi now that's good enough for me.

I knew I was going down the drain when my then girlfriend and I were walking down the beach in St Kitts when a rasta man came up to me and say 'man you look like a rock star.' I think Wilson Philips was being played on the beach so it must have been in the 90s. I naively asked 'which rock star?' 'Meatloaf' was the answer which of course was not at all what I was hoping for.

It took my wife a lot longer amount of time to get the unattractive rock star revelation. At her niece's wedding to be exact a few years back to be exact. We were staying at the Royal York. She bought herself a Pucci dress for the occasion and had gone out to get made up. A man on the street asked if 'she was that rock star.' Which one she asked? Amy Winehouse which of course spoiled the wedding for her. I think I still have a video of that revelation on Youtube and her reaction. Of course Amy Winehouse had just died I think which might have made matters worse.
Last edited by Secret Alias on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
MrMacSon

Post by MrMacSon »

:P :)
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Secret Alias wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:21 pm I was better looking than Andre Agassi and he was wearing a wig, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebri ... a-wig.html I wasn't. i had beautiful hair. I spent so much time on my hair that if it didn't work out I wouldn't go to school. It was like spun gold. I had such beautiful hair that I started dressing like an Italian hairdresser (black dress pants, open shirt, even the gold chain).
TMI! TMI!
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

No I can't let it die with me. The truth has to be known! The real me the broken man that you see before you is a myth. The real me lives in that photo and I want him back!
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Actually my 82 year old Catholic mother in law (a double for Sophia Loren only more refined in appearance) asks much the same question about the resurrection. "Do you think i will come back as in the body I am now or when I was much younger (and fairer)?" When we die our existence is transformed into myth. As we grow older so too our youth.