Please give me some feedback

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Please give me some feedback

Post by Peter Kirby »

Do you use a mobile device, a web-enabled phone, or perhaps a tablet?

Please visit my site:

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/

And please tell me what you don't like about the design of it or how it could be improved to give you a better experience on your device.

Don't use a device? I'd like any feedback anyone has, whether on design or content.

(By the way, I'm extending the timeline down to 325.)
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
spin

Re: Please give me some feedback

Post by spin »

I have quite a wide phone (phablet), but all of the centered text is off the screen. Naturally anything right aligned doesn't get seen either. Perhaps you could have a mobile version without those features.
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes
Rick Sumner

Post by Rick Sumner »

The material fairly screams for an app. Most of the code could probably be taken from an existing FOSS project, at least for android. I haven't played with ios enough to know where to start there.

Spin, what browser are you using? It looks fine on mine with chrome and aosp?
Gorit Maqueda

Post by Gorit Maqueda »

I'm an old man with and old, dumb mobile phone, who only use an android simulator (on PC) to play Wordfeude and receive whatsapp messages. By all means, please, don't sacrifice the clearness of the "PC" interface to the altar of the new, heretical, mobile religion! :-) IOW, as suggested by spin, provide a separate version for "teenagers"!
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

27% of visits currently come from "tablets" or "high-end mobile devices," and that's with a completely un-optimized site. I don't want to sacrifice anything for the PC experience, of course.
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
DCHindley

Post by DCHindley »

Peter Kirby wrote:27% of visits currently come from "tablets" or "high-end mobile devices," and that's with a completely un-optimized site. I don't want to sacrifice anything for the PC experience, of course.
But aren't 95% of those 27% of visits from Stephan Hüller?

Typed from my old fashioned, and really cheap, Lenovo™ laptop while in heavy imaginary traffic, drinking a cherry Coke™ with ice cream sucked through a Crazy Straw™.

DCH
rakovsky

Post by rakovsky »

Peter Kirby wrote:Do you use a mobile device, a web-enabled phone, or perhaps a tablet?

Please visit my site:

And please tell me what you don't like about the design of it or how it could be improved to give you a better experience on your device.

Don't use a device? I'd like any feedback anyone has, whether on design or content.

I have one and it's readable.

My research on the prophecies of the Messiah's resurrection: http://rakovskii.livejournal.com
rakovsky

Post by rakovsky »

I so want polls.

My research on the prophecies of the Messiah's resurrection: http://rakovskii.livejournal.com
maryhelena

Post by maryhelena »

Peter Kirby wrote:Do you use a mobile device, a web-enabled phone, or perhaps a tablet?

Please visit my site:

I've no problem on my Pixel XL nor my tablet. Pixel XL pop up menu asks to make the page mobile friendly i.e. gets rid of the ads :)
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
W.B. Yeats
arnoldo

Post by arnoldo »

DCHindley wrote:
Peter Kirby wrote:27% of visits currently come from "tablets" or "high-end mobile devices," and that's with a completely un-optimized site. I don't want to sacrifice anything for the PC experience, of course.
But aren't 95% of those 27% of visits from Stephan Hüller?

Typed from my old fashioned, and really cheap, Lenovo™ laptop while in heavy imaginary traffic, drinking a cherry Coke™ with ice cream sucked through a Crazy Straw™.

DCH
Whilst sitting in a park bench, using free wi-fi, feeding pigeons and eyeing old ladies with evil intent. . .