Son of panthera = son of father?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Son of panthera = son of father?

Post by Giuseppe »

Etymology:

Latin panthera, from Ancient Greek πάνθηρ (pánthēr, “panther”).

"Father" in Greek: πάθηρ

Could be "Jesus Son of the PATHER" (Barabbas) and "Jesus son of PANTHER" the same identical person?

This would confirm the Robertson's view that the early rabbis accused the Christians that their "Jesus Son of PATHER" was only the human actor in a sacred ritual of expiation.

When the first Gospel gave as apology the idea that Jesus Barabbas was a distinct man from the real Jesus, AND WAS SAVED BY PILATE, then the rabbis believed that that true Jesus, AS FREED BY PILATE, was a Roman himself (Romans save only other Romans, not Jews) and therefore a son of a Roman soldier named PANTHER. The apology was addressed against itself.

This means that the first euhemerizer of the mythical Jesus were these rabbis who reduced the god Jesus to his ritualistic actor, "Jesus son of father", in polemic against the early preachers of the mythical Jesus.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Ben C. Smith

Re: Son of panthera = son of father?

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Giuseppe wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:32 am"Father" in Greek: πάθηρ
Father in Greek is πατήρ, not πάθηρ.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

It would be interesting to read at least the abstract of this article about the link father/panther:

Paweł Janiszewski (2013) PANTHER –
THE FATHER OF JESUS AND THE
PANTHER FROM THE BOOK OF
HOSEA
spin

Post by spin »

Giuseppe wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:54 am It would be interesting to read at least the abstract of this article about the link father/panther:

PANTHER FROM THE BOOK OF
HOSEA
When recommending a reading, you must supply a useful bibliography, how one can find the reading. One doesn't know if this source was found in a Polish cookery book or an atheist hymnal. So where exactly was it published? If in a printed source the name, volume and number of a journal, or publisher and page numbers of a book, or a url for a web source would be handy.
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

spin wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:12 am
Giuseppe wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:54 am It would be interesting to read at least the abstract of this article about the link father/panther:

PANTHER FROM THE BOOK OF
HOSEA
When recommending a reading, you must supply a useful bibliography, how one can find the reading. One doesn't know if this source was found in a Polish cookery book or an atheist hymnal. So where exactly was it published? If in a printed source the name, volume and number of a journal, or publisher and page numbers of a book, or a url for a web source would be handy.
Clearly I would have given more info about the article if I had found something more about it, apart the title.
arnoldo

Post by arnoldo »

Esto es algo similar. . .

Lipiński, Edward. "Pandera & Stada and Jehoshua bar Perahya." Jezus i chrześcijanie w źródłach rabinicznych: Perspektywa historyczna, społeczna, religijna i dialogowa, Estetyka i Krytyka 27 (2012): 51-66.

http://estetykaikrytyka.pl/art/27/eik_27_4.PDF
spin

Post by spin »

Giuseppe wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:18 pm
spin wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:12 am

PANTHER FROM THE BOOK OF
HOSEA
Clearly I would have given more info about the article if I had found something more about it, apart the title.
Then why did you cite if you haven't got it or read it? What use is the incomplete bibliographic note? (Perhaps this might help a bit, though being a polish journal, it will be difficult to come by.)
spin

Post by spin »

arnoldo wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:51 pm Esto es algo similar. . .

Lipiński, Edward. "Pandera & Stada and Jehoshua bar Perahya." Jezus i chrześcijanie w źródłach rabinicznych: Perspektywa historyczna, społeczna, religijna i dialogowa, Estetyka i Krytyka 27 (2012): 51-66.

http://estetykaikrytyka.pl/art/27/eik_27_4.PDF
I couldn't download this link -- there may be some sort of block on getting files offsite, but going here, the web page of the issue, gave me access to Lipinski's article, which seems quite interesting, eg Stada derived from confusion between the letters r/d which are very similar in Hebrew, so he gets SṬR rather than SṬD and notes the spelling SWṬR in one Y. Sanhedrin VII, 25d, which brings us to the Greek word for savior.