Proofs That Jesus Existed

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
JoeWallack

ARGUMENT FROM ONE WAY LOGIC/RELEVANCY

Post by JoeWallack »

Nazareth in the Time of Jesus: the Archaeological Record
Even though it existed, this is not the place someone would make up as the hometown of the messiah. Jesus really came from there, as attested in multiple sources.

But again I reiterate the main point of my chapter. Even if he did not come from there, so what? The historicity of Jesus does not depend on whether Nazareth existed. In fact it is not even related to the question. The existence (or rather, non-existence) of Nazareth is another mythicist irrelevancy.
ARGUMENT FROM ONE WAY LOGIC/RELEVANCY

1. When Jesus lived is irrelevant (so you can ignore contradictory evidence).

2. Nazareth existed when Jesus lived.

3. Where Nazareth was located is irrelevant (so you can ignore contradictory evidence).

4. Credibility of anonymous witnesses is irrelevant (so you can ignore criteria of credibility and dependence).

5. Multiple witnesses say Jesus came from Nazareth.

6. That Nazareth was known for having tombs would have the stylish contrivance of Jesus coming from the tombs
at the start at end of GMark is irrelevant.

7. Transmission of the evidence is irrelevant.

8. Therefore, Jesus existed.
Kunigunde Kreuzerin

Re: Proofs That Jesus Existed

Post by Kunigunde Kreuzerin »

Argument like the mythicist Giuseppe

1) The earliest Christian message is entirely devoted to reveal that a very important event is going to happen in real history.
2) At least a name should serve to reveal the "when" of this important revelation.
3) The name is not of a historical person? -> Contradiction !!!
4) Giuseppes point is that the earliest Christian message is inconsistent with the idea that Jesus never existed.
5) That would be "nonsense".
6) Therefore, Jesus existed.
JoeWallack

The Best of "Proofs That Jesus Existed"

Post by JoeWallack »

ARGUMENT FROM TWITTER
(1) Received Tweet "I existed#HJ Jesusomeg@lpha.netbible"
(2) Tweet sent by Jesus
(3) Therefore, Jesus existed.