Proofs That Jesus Existed

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
JoeWallack

Re: Proofs That Jesus Existed

Post by JoeWallack »

EDITED ARGUMENT FROM MO CASEY
(1) It's been pointed out that while the primary point of my book is that MJ either has no historical methodology to prove that Jesus did not exist or their historical methodology is flawed, I claim that I have a historical methodology to prove that Jesus existed but provide no details.
(2) After consulting with Joel Watts I realize that I have had a detailed historical methodology the whole time to prove that Jesus existed
(3) I wrote this detailed historical methodology in Aramaic
(4) Since you do not know Aramaic, you can not disprove it
(5) Don't ask me how I can prove that MJ has no historical methodology and that their historical methodology is flawed
(6) Therefore, Jesus existed.
JoeWallack

Post by JoeWallack »

ARGUMENT FROM "GOOD NEWS"/BAD NEWS
(1) I've got some good news and bad news regarding Jesus existing
(2) First, the bad news. There is no good news
(3) Now the good news. I won't tell you the bad news
(4) Therefore, Jesus existed.
stevencarrwork

Post by stevencarrwork »

1) People who write books casting doubt on the historicity of Jesus are just amateur Internet bloggers.
2) Except Thomas Thompson
3) But he doesn't count.
4) And neither does Thomas Brodie
5) Therefore, Jesus existed
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thomases don't count because they're known to be doubters anyway and they would only believe Jesus existed if he appeared to them in person.
spin

Re:formulated Doubting Thomas Argument

Post by spin »

Andrew, to participate in this thread you need to follow the rules. Try something like this:
  1. Doubting Thomas wouldn't believe the truth about Jesus until it was dangled before his nose.
  2. Such a Thomas is obviously reality impaired...
  3. As are all those other doubting Thomases such as Thomas Thompson and Thomas Brodie.
  4. With regard to reality they are like Peter Peachfuzz, in that whatever they say the opposite is true.
  5. They have doubt about the existence of Jesus.
  6. Therefore, Jesus existed.
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes
JoeWallack

Post by JoeWallack »

ARGUMENT FROM MO CASEY BEING INSPIRED BY JFK
(1) According to Mo Casey, arguments that Jesus did not exist are made by nobodies who know nothing who say nothing and are believed by no one
(2) According to Mo Casey, arguments that Jesus did exist are made by somebodies who know everything who say everything and are believed by everyone
(3) If this is the case than why is Mo Casey's book needed?
(4) Because Mo Casey does not do things because they are easy, he does things because they are hard
(5) Therefore, Jesus existed
ApostateAbe

Post by ApostateAbe »

ARGUMENT FROM PATTERNS OF CULTS
(1) There is an actual human being corresponding to the reputed founder of every cult in history and the modern world that reveres such a reputed human founder, in absolutely every case where the information is available.
(2) Jesus was reputed to be the human founder of the cult of Christianity that revered him.
(3) Therefore, Jesus existed.
ApostateAbe

Post by ApostateAbe »

That isn't a satirical argument, by the way. That is a pretty good argument that Jesus existed. I think I will start a new thread for the good arguments.
spin

Revised Apostate Abe Uniformity Argument

Post by spin »

1. Although there is a lot of embarrassing stuff about Jesus being son of god and walking on water and resurrecting and shit like that, we can forget about it because we know Jesus was meant to be human and note that he was reputed to be the founder of the cult of Christianity that revered him.
  2. There is an actual human being corresponding to the reputed founder of every cult in history that Apostate Abe has noticed and the modern world that reveres such a reputed human founder, in absolutely every case where the information is available.
  3. The law of uniformity says that if it is true for every observed case then it's true for all cases—no matter how small the sample.
  4. Therefore, Jesus existed.
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes
ApostateAbe

Post by ApostateAbe »

Good to see you again, spin. The smallness of the sample size is an unexpected point (I take the sample size to be very large), and I welcome you to make that point and your others in the new thread I made on the topic:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=379