Sinaiticus homoeoteleuton from source ms Claromontanus (D06)

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Re: Sinaiticus homoeoteleuton from source ms Claromontanus (D06)

Post by Secret Alias »

The absolute worst thing about Steve Avery - and the clearest sign he is mentally unbalanced and that any or all the things he writes should be ignored as the product of a demented mind - is that he openly declares and believes the outlandishly cruel and despicable conspiracy theory that the Sandy Hook massacre is "fake news." I just saw another post on Facebook. Absolutely disgusting Steve. You should be openly flogged in the town square. Shame on you!
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Steven Avery

A Tale of Two Cities

Post by Steven Avery »

First you were upset when you thought I was a Trumpster, rather than my considering him an amoral sleaze. Now you are upset that I nominate Douma, Syria and Sandy Hook, CT, USA as sister cities.

Context: take a look at the Pearson Sharp reporting on Douma on One American News, OAN. While it is on DirecTV, it generally is still up on YouTube, at least so far. He is not the only one, but he has been on the ground in Douma the last few days, and he reports for a news network normally considered right-wing and Trumpster. I put some urls up on my Facebook page.

From what I can see, Trump was part of the dupe-parade-charade that led to the recent bombing, risking a full-scale war. (Maybe it was more a live fire weapons test, the Syrians celebrated the next day that they had shot down dozens of missles. Fortunately, no reported fatalities.)

My goal is not to please you Stephan, And I am more than willing to be convinced that I am wrong on either of the two cities (A Tale of Two Cities) and their MSM-reported deaths.

However, this is not really the thread. The Lounge looks like the right place, on this forum.

Steven
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

I think the main fault of this thread is that it has surprisingly little substance. Then again, the whole argument is based on the premise that Tischendorf faked Sinaiticus, in order to get the premise as result. This would be obvious if the thread actually tackled the argument.
Steven Avery

Post by Steven Avery »

The homoeoteleutons are simply a textual phenomenon. They could have other explanations than Tischendorf faking Sinaitiucs, or Simonides involved in a replica edition. These sense-line homoeoteleutons in Sinaiticus were not even noticed, afaik, until 2017. And definitely not the fit between Claromontanus as source and Sinaiticus as target. (It is quite unusual to see such a fit in any two extant mss.) If they were raised in another context, other than Sinaiticus authenticity, the scholars would be puzzling over the data and analysis.

As for the evidence overall for Sinaiticus as an 1800s production, it is rather massive.

If you think some arguments are not tackled, or not tackled properly, please share away.

Thanks!
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

The conclusion simply doesn't follow. There would have to be an argument in the first place in order to tackle it.
Steven Avery

conspiracy for Sinaiticus c. 1840 creation scenario?

Post by Steven Avery »

Ulan wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:17 amThe conclusion simply doesn't follow. There would have to be an argument in the first place in order to tackle it.
If you mean that there would have to be some sort of conspiracy, in the period leading up to 1844, and that Tischendorf would have to be involved ... Or they would have to be Jesuit (Cardinal Mai) involvement with Benedict and Athos

.. my answer is simple, at this point I do not know. I still consider it possible that the scenario developed in an accidental manner, or it could have been more deliberately conspiratorial.

It is a good sub-topic to this inquiry. On the purebibleforum I touch on various elements.

Steven
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Just curious Steven, do you have any kids, have you had children?
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
Steven Avery

Post by Steven Avery »

If this is meant as a continuation of the Sandy Hook discussion, put it in the Lounge.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Why this conversation is pointless. Your adherence to unfathomably evil conspiracy theories sheds light on your mental state.
Steven Avery

Post by Steven Avery »

Bill Brown started a thread here:

Nutbag Conspiracy Theorist Is Posting Here
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4106&sid=ad517a47a3 ... d94a959c64

Where, despite the charged thread title, the topic is open. I put in a post last night.

That should prevent the diversion of threads.

Steven