Coloring the Truth: Sinaiticus

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
ebion

Re: https://sinaiticus.net

Post by ebion »

Steven Avery wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:50 pm Shortly, there is planned be a backup website with the images.
I assume the backup website you are referring to (in 2016) is https://sinaiticus.net

It's a good site, with lots of vital information; that was my first exposure to the topic.

Maybe you can edit the OP to link to it...
Last edited by ebion on Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulan

Re: Coloring the Truth: Sinaiticus

Post by Ulan »

RandyHelzerman wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:04 pm I can’t even believe that grown men would take this at all seriously. As a matter of fact I don’t even know any 12 year olds who take anything from Jack chick and his co-bozos seriously.
The source should certainly make every reader suspicious. If you still care to look at the methods and then check the material they work with yourself, you see that the whole endeavor is a charade.
Steven Avery

Re: The massive collusion in this Fraud: Sinaiticus

Post by Steven Avery »

Ulan wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:40 am The folks at the British Library were originally quite forthcoming,
Gavin Moorhead
"the Leipzig folios are notable for their whiteness."

A simple truth denied by Ulan.
billd89

Re: Coloring

Post by billd89 »

DCHindley wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:07 pmCiting a video by Jack Chick is a little discouraging, Steven.
DCHindley wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:33 pmDon't get me wrong, I used to be one myself for about a decade, and had delighted in reading and passing out Chick tracts, although even then I ...
WAT

This begs elaboration. Really. More coloring, please.
RandyHelzerman

Re: Coloring

Post by RandyHelzerman »

billd89 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:31 pm This begs elaboration. Really.
*chuckle* this thread is starting to resemble a slumber party and its truth or dare time.
More coloring, please.
Its not black or white, but shades of grey :-)
billd89

Jack Chick

Post by billd89 »

Looks black and white to me; no shades of grey.

Last edited by billd89 on Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulan

Re: The massive collusion in this Fraud: Sinaiticus

Post by Ulan »

Steven Avery wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:45 pm
Ulan wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:40 am The folks at the British Library were originally quite forthcoming,
Gavin Moorhead
"the Leipzig folios are notable for their whiteness."

A simple truth denied by Ulan.
We had discussed this topic, and you rely too much on words and disregard the evidence. The actual evidence of the Leipzig and the London documents in public displays, both documented by two of the links I posted a few days ago, shows that both documents are about the same hue of light yellow.

Why this is so, despite the pictures at codexsinaiticus.org looking different at first glance, is shown in the image I re-posted in the same post. Everything you and your friends did regarding coloring disregarded the internal color and grayscale standards that are presented within the photographs you compared while neglecting to apply the necessary corrections.

The nice thing about this is that nobody has to take my word for it. Everyone can go to codexsinaiticus.org (and not that hack site peddled up there) and look at all the original photographs. Zoom out (the photographs have a zoom function) until you see the color standards, and then draw your own conclusions. Then marvel at how much effort some lay people with an agenda put into lots of videos, walls of text and a whole website while neglecting even basic scientific principles.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

The problem with this and other conspiracy theories is who fucking cares? Religion is dead. There isn't some "backroom somewhere" where "interested parties" are plotting to checkmate the other side with their dogma. Everyone's scrambling to stay afloat in a post-religious world. This is the stupidest conspiracy theory ever. Even mountainman's might have some future with the continued degeneration of humanity. This is dead in the water.
robert j

Post by robert j »

Secret Alias wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:03 am
Religion is dead. There isn't some "backroom somewhere" where "interested parties" are plotting to checkmate the other side with their dogma.
Tell that to Speaker Mike Johnson and his NAR cronies (New Apostolic Reformation and the ‘Seven Mountains’ movement).
Last edited by robert j on Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

Secret Alias wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:03 am The problem with this and other conspiracy theories is who fucking cares? Religion is dead. There isn't some "backroom somewhere" where "interested parties" are plotting to checkmate the other side with their dogma.
Compared to the growing irrelevance of religion, some of their proponents certainly make a lot of noise. Or, in other cases, kill people because of misguided beliefs. Not here, but it's funny that you can find the "Codex Sinaiticus is a forgery" story everywhere, mostly in certain atheist circles or with Islamic preachers. You find a weird coalition whose members all use this invention for their own specific purposes. Nobody cares whether it's true, but they find it useful, and therefore it must be true.

But yeah, religion is slowly disappearing. The statistics for my home country put the number of practicing members of all religions together at 6.2% of the population, and half of those are recent immigrants. It's in free fall. And yet, some of that small minority still think everyone has to follow their lead and they will "win the war", whether that of the mind or a more violent version.

Sure, if everything goes downhill, we may see another renaissance of weird cults. Who knows.