Request for source materials.

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Ben C. Smith

Request for source materials.

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Does anyone have access to any of the following that could be sent to me, either already as a transcription or as a scan that I could transcribe myself? I need the original text of Jerome most of all, and would also like to have an English translation, though if one not available I can translate it myself; Eznik is in Syriac, so the English is all I can use:
  1. Jerome, Commentary on Galatians 3.13.
  2. Jerome, Commentary on Galatians 4.4-5.
  3. Jerome, Commentary on Galatians 4.25-26.
  4. Jerome, Commentary on Galatians 6.6.
  5. Eznik, De Deo 375, 408, 432.
I have several passages from Eznik already, from the preview of the translation on Google Books, but the passages above are not available that way.

Ben.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Ken Olson

Re: Request for source materials.

Post by Ken Olson »

Migne, PL 26 has the Latin text of Jerome's Commentary on Galatians starting on col. 307. It's old, but in the public domain.

There's a link to the Google books page from which you can download a scan in PDF here:

http://classicsindex.wikispaces.com/migne_PL

Best,

Ken
Last edited by Ken Olson on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben C. Smith

Re: Request for source materials.

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Ken Olson wrote:Migne, PL 26 has the Latin text of Jerome's Commentary on Galatians starting on col. 331. It's old, but in the public domain.

There's a link to the Google books page from which you can download a scan on PDF here:

http://classicsindex.wikispaces.com/migne_PL
Thanks, Ken. I did try to find it in Migne, but apparently incompetently. Going to bookmark that links page.

Ben..
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ