Romans 8 - an astral reading

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Stephan Huller

Re: Romans 8 - an astral reading

Post by Stephan Huller »

But you recognize Robert that your assertions only seem rational to those who want to believe in the stardust your selling. No one who read Romans as it appears on the page would interpret it this way.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

Robert Tulip wrote:I have also posted this analysis on another discussion board, and the contrast between the rational, courteous and respectful engagement there and the pompous three monkeys dismissal here illustrates your point well.
http://www.booktalk.org/post140915.html
Fine, you are unusually creative and imaginative, Robert, gifted in that area, in fact. But what I've always wondered is whether you recognize any difference between "can be readily understood," i.e., your own vision of things, and a claim of what should be binding for all. Idiosyncrasy is what I see, rather than striking universality. I'm reminded of Keats' phrase "the egotistical sublime," referring to certain writers, such as Wordsworth and Milton, who cast their viewpoint onto the world, rather than more disinterestedly reporting on it, as Shakespeare did. Before you bristle at "egotistical," note also the word "sublime."
Chapter 8 is a culmination and conclusion from the previous chapters dealing with the universality of sin and death and a just basis for reconciliation and justification by faith in the atonement of Christ.
In fact we would have to say if Robert's thesis is correct,that Paul deliberately deceived everyone about his theme and subject matter since it is so clear and logically developed.
So now it's just some mythicists who possess the golden key to unlock what he was really saying, which is of the redemptive power of science ethically applied for our "salvation".
Robert thinks this is all allegory yet Paul in Galations for instance, clearly distinguishes allegory from his to be understood as non allegorical teaching.
There's no cure for this though, since the thesis prevents the obvious meaning of the texts getting in the way of their supposed "real" meaning disclosed to the latter day "elite initiates".
Evidence for this concealment conspiracy theory?
"So now it's just some mythicists who possess the golden key to unlock what he was really saying, which is of the redemptive power of science ethically applied for our "salvation"

Actually thats a perfect example of promoting science as a religion - the one true religion that eclipses another religion. Sort of a parasite being introduced.

Am i the only one creeped out by this??
He may be a Christian apologist but it's the astro-theologians who need to apologise for asking us to take their conspiracy theories,rewrites of history and wacky interpretations seriously.
They let you down a little more gently. That's about it.
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

Robert Tulip wrote:I am constantly amazed Ulan by your deceptive ability to make false claims.
I don't need to give you a platform for your blather and bluster. Ulan is a fine poster... and you, well. You're out.
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown