Interesting Details from the Madjoucoff Family About Sabar's Article

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Interesting Details from the Madjoucoff Family About Sabar's Article

Post by Secret Alias »

In the Atlantic piece:
After settling in New York, Smith paid regular visits to Rhode Island to see Madjoucoff. Their relationship was filled with private outings, personal confidences, and gifts to Madjoucoff’s children from a man they called “Uncle Morton.”
From the family member:
Always dressed conservatively suit tie shiny shoes. He was beyond above average. He was someone very important. Not only my father's close friend. Not only a professor an exception type person. Multiple times a year. Can't remember how many. Varied from year to year. When we ewere younger. these visits were always in combination with his visit to a colleague at Brown Rabbi Brody. He wsa always visiting this rabbi at the same time. Told this to Sabar. It was always as part of a professional visit. And maybe some others. We were always under the understanding he was going to meet other people Dad would pick him up drive him over and back. Morton smith or restaurant. Always Amtrak. Morton Smith didn't drive a car. He only gave gifts when we were young. When we were young gave us a kid's Bible stories. As I got older I started to understand his background. A professor of religion. Ariel was trying to insinuate father might have helped doctor Secret Mark. Asked me first time something about Philadelphia did your father go to Pennsylvania for document. He was snooping around asking leading questions.
Just confirmed "Rabbi Brody" was https://www.encyclopedia.com/religion/e ... iam-gordon