Marcion saute

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
JarekS

Re: Marcion saute

Post by JarekS »

Intellectual content products created from religious imagination are the same products as milk or bread. The fast moving consumer goods market operates according to the same principles as the religious market.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

JarekS wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:29 pm Intellectual content products created from religious imagination are the same products as milk or bread. The fast moving consumer goods market operates according to the same principles as the religious market.
You're enjoying the metaphors, I hope, but you just come across as really, really annoying IMO.
JarekS

Post by JarekS »

As a telecommunications engineer without a humanities education, I have some problems with expressing my thoughts in humanistic terms. As a marketer by practice, I look for analogies and benchmarks. For me, the gospels are as much a product as The Story of Paul and Thecla or Calvin and Hobbes.
maryhelena

Post by maryhelena »

JarekS wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:12 am As a telecommunications engineer without a humanities education, I have some problems with expressing my thoughts in humanistic terms. As a marketer by practice, I look for analogies and benchmarks. For me, the gospels are as much a product as The Story of Paul and Thecla or Calvin and Hobbes.
Yep, the gospels are a product - great marketing....

Question for marketers is how does their great product become a mind virus. Luck, chance - predisposition in the buyers character - or some secret ingredient in the product itself that becomes addictive ?
JarekS

Post by JarekS »

I came to bleak conclusions, which I presented in a poor communication style. I will work on my style to improve it. As for the conclusions, I would like them to turn out to be false and I would honestly like someone to convince me of this. That's why I came here. Leaders, salespeople and Machiavellianism have been around forever.