If Judas the Essene was the Teacher of Righteousness, then was the Judas's kiss evidence of a such confusion?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

If Judas the Essene was the Teacher of Righteousness, then was the Judas's kiss evidence of a such confusion?

Post by Giuseppe »

The best evidence of a such confusion is the following:

In b. Talmud Sanhedrin 107b, we are told that Jesus was with Joshua ben Perachiah, who was the nasi in the 2nd century BCE. In fact, ben Perachiah and Jesus go to Egypt together to escape the wrath of King Jannaeus. Again, all of the contextual clues show that the story is placed in the days of Jannaeus.

https://gilgamesh42.wordpress.com/2022/ ... le-christ/

Assuming that a such confusion occurred between Judas the Essene and Jesus, then the convoluted way by which Jesus was identified by the guards, i.e. by the kiss of Judas, could be a way to neutralize the rumors about the confusion Jesus == Judas.

The kiss by which a Judas identifies the Jesus would be a cryptical way to make Judas the Essene say: I am not him, he is not me.

Same procedure in the episode of the Cyrenaic, where this time the confusion that had to be overcome was between Jesus and Simon Magus: "he carried the cross but he was not Jesus".