Ken's Curious Understanding of Probability With Respect to the Mar Saba Letter

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Re: Ken's Curious Understanding of Probability With Respect to the Mar Saba Letter

Post by Peter Kirby »

SA is getting a one week suspension for bullying.

Reminder of forum rules:
Peter Kirby wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:14 pm I've added to the forum rules: "I'm also happy to be rid of posters who use this freedom as an opportunity to bully other users."

I understand that exchanges can become heated, and I have no intention of coming down on every infraction of decorum. This is meant to facilitate the free exchange of ideas. It is not meant to be a safe haven for people to take advantage of this for any possible abuse.

It is expected that people do not respond in a way that is completely disproportionate to a reasonable person. Responding in a way that is disparaging and disproportionate makes the forum less attractive as a place where people would like to come back again to share their thoughts and ideas. For example, the response to someone with an interpretation of the Bible might contain the phrase "that sounds dumb" (in practice if not ideally) but not "how completely fucking idiotic, did you get dropped on your head as a baby?" I continue to view this holistically when it comes to the possibility of a permanent ban: while it counts as a negative to be in any way insulting to others, contributing to the forum positively otherwise and on balance (as I view it) means that the worst consequences would be moving specific posts and possibly a temporary suspension. The reason for this is that I understand that the exchange of ideas can still usually be productive in a situation where someone happens to get a little steamed in the process.

Further, if there is a pattern of harassment of any specific user, it can lead to a permanent ban.