Q as a judaizing (late) patina?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Q as a judaizing (late) patina?

Post by Giuseppe »

It would be interesting to examine this hypothesis:

Q was a late document fabricated artificially in laboratory.

A late document applied on previous gospels. As a cover, a blanket.

To give a patina of Judaizing feature to a previous narrative (Mark) judged yet too much timide in terms of approval of the Jewish god and his Torah.

As such, Q was fabricated independently from Mark and *Ev and applied, as a blanket, on Mark and *Ev, by gaining as result:
  • Matthew as a corrected Mark thanks to the addition of Q
  • Luke as a corrected *Ev thanks to the addition of Q
This requires the removal from *Ev of every Q material.
Giuseppe

Re: Q as a judaizing (late) patina?

Post by Giuseppe »

This would explain why Mark was left intact, i.e. without Q, and preserved with Matthew (i.e. Mark + Q). While *Ev was destroyed and the only survived version of *Ev was Luke (*Ev + Q).

*Ev was anti-YHWH. The destruction was necessary.

Mark was too much timidely pro-YHWH: that feature saved it.
Ken Olson

Post by Ken Olson »

Giuseppe wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:47 am It would be interesting to examine this hypothesis:

Q was a late document fabricated artificially in laboratory.

A late document applied on previous gospels. As a cover, a blanket.
I agree. I would add that I think it was originally written in German :D
Kunigunde Kreuzerin

Post by Kunigunde Kreuzerin »

Ken Olson wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:21 amI would add that I think it was originally written in German :D
:mrgreen:

Don't be too hard on them. They simply couldn't imagine that Luke was truly capable of writing a different genealogy and a birth story with so many contradictions to Matthew. They were just in good faith and had deep trust in their "Luke the physician".
rgprice

Post by rgprice »

"Q" was never independent of Mark. There are too many Markisms like talking about the scribes and Pharisees, or the Son of Man, too many parables, too many places where it fits too neatly into the narrative, etc. The idea that the parables are independent and "came from Jesus" is also absurd. The Markan parables are all clearly created by the author of the narrative and serve as plot devices in the narrative. The idea for these parables comes from scriptural references to Ezekiel. They have a distinctive character. The expansion of the parables in "Q" is building on themes and ideas that originated in "Mark". "Q" is just the expansion of Mark and then Matthew's copying from that expanded narrative (proto-Luke).