KJV Tampering as a precursor to Sinaiaticus Fraud

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Maestroh

Re: KJV Tampering as a precursor to Sinaiaticus Fraud

Post by Maestroh »

Steven Avery wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:04 am
StephenGoranson wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:53 pm Do you pretend she supports your view?
Nope.

She was anticipating learning about the manuscript in the planned 2015 tests in Leipzig.

That was cancelled the day they arrived. Dr. Rabin spoke with deep emotion about that day in the 2021 Brent Nongbri zoom talk.
Tell him what else she told you about that.......

If you don't, I'll be glad to.
Maestroh

Re: Sinaiticus terminus ante quem

Post by Maestroh »

Steven Avery wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:45 am Thanks, Stephen,

Do you see any reason for the firm terminus ante quem?

Does Brent Nongbri show any familiarity for those who argued for later dates?
(This would include Adolf Hilgenfeld.)

You might also give your view as to who quickly there would be conflation in the Eusebian canons.
A point I raised in the comments, using the superb Sinaiticus Eusebian canon work of Dirk Jongkind.
the guy who spent years using Nongbri's papyri dates to SUGGEST (but never come right out and say) that Nongbri was sympathetic to his viewpoint NOW pivots 180 degrees and wants to know if Nongbri knows about someone else who, oh yeah, didn't date it to the 19th century or even close to it.

:)
Maestroh

Re: Temple scroll colour

Post by Maestroh »

Steven Avery wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:27 am
StephenGoranson wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:53 pm I question whether you have correctly given the opinion of Ira Rabin.
Give the exact reference
and the exact quotation
that you claim.
From our email conversation after we met in 2014 at Hofstra University.
Dr Ira Rabin wrote: The Temple scroll had perfectly white sections upon unrolling but now its colour is mostly yellow.
I found that to be very interesting new information, wonder if it was noted in the science of parchment colour and condition. So I am now spurred to look into this a bit more.

Tell the parts you're hiding, old man.

You know, where Rabin said this:

Dear Steven,

Thanks a lot! Most interesting!

1. But I must assure you that the decision NOT to study was not dictated by fear of unpleasant discoveries. I was present at the main discussion. The fellow who knows nothing if this ms but happens to be simply the head of conservation was mad that the testing was decided without his knowledge but with blessing of the conservator of the ms. He made a dramatic speech that the name could be damaged by analysis and that HE doesn't need to know anything about the materials to preserve it.
2. Today some of the Leipzig leaves are completely eaten through ! But others are not . This was the main reason for the conservator of the manuscript to request the analysis .
The damage must have occurred in Leipzig but no one knows when.
I did want to test the inks - their composition is more than interesting for my inks studies